Took out a loan to transition to full-time trading. 24 years old.

Day 7
+5.76%. Wanted to use 2 positions but realizing i'm going to blow up if i dont be careful, used 1 position. Did a good job seeing the breakout to the downside and made all of my off that. Was being careful today, always a good sign, but was fighting the urge to increase my position to 2, all day. Tomorrow is the oil news release so gotta be extra careful tomorrow.

Why don't you trade on a simulator before you start using real money? Sounds like you have a job already. Get good at trading for free....You literally can't lose on a simulator.

Remember the motto "Live to trade another day" - No more than 2% of your account should be risked on a trade so calculate the stop loss to meet that criteria and set it.

Day 7
+5.76%. Wanted to use 2 positions but realizing i'm going to blow up if i dont be careful, used 1 position. Did a good job seeing the breakout to the downside and made all of my off that. Was being careful today, always a good sign, but was fighting the urge to increase my position to 2, all day. Tomorrow is the oil news release so gotta be extra careful tomorrow.

you did ok man. keep going, learning and enjoying the game. dont worry about winning your loan back anytime soon. that will only stress you & hinder your progress.

Last edited:
Day 8
+7.16%
Waited for the oil news at 7:30pm PST and noticed it wasnt having a strong movement. Waiting for the big drop and while it could have been the drop of all time moment, I thought the strength in the chart was too weak to break the bottom resistance. I thought a bounce was going to happen as either 1. downwards needs to build more strength or 2. it's not going down today. So i played on the bounce play and made money.

Day 8
+7.16%
Waited for the oil news at 7:30pm PST and noticed it wasnt having a strong movement. Waiting for the big drop and while it could have been the drop of all time moment, I thought the strength in the chart was too weak to break the bottom resistance. I thought a bounce was going to happen as either 1. downwards needs to build more strength or 2. it's not going down today. So i played on the bounce play and made money.

youre having a good little run :D

dont blow it all on the next losing day

Day 8
+7.16%

7% up is good going (y)

Day 9
-21.9% FML
so.. started the day trading bad/okay. You can see in the youtube video, during the morning analysis, me calling out oil's upside to potentially 46.20, 46.30.
Break upside to 46.20. and i was shorting it. I gambled and didn't exit when it seemed like it would break up because i didn't want to lose the $200 i lost in the morning. Now i finished down $888. This is nothing, as the lowest i went down was $1500.
Horrible exiting, horrible trading, horrible planning, horrible everything.
Omfg fml.

Day 9
-21.9% FML
so.. started the day trading bad/okay. You can see in the youtube video, during the morning analysis, me calling out oil's upside to potentially 46.20, 46.30.
Break upside to 46.20. and i was shorting it. I gambled and didn't exit when it seemed like it would break up because i didn't want to lose the $200 i lost in the morning. Now i finished down $888. This is nothing, as the lowest i went down was $1500.
Omfg fml.

Oh dear.. well at least you are honest

Day 9
-21.9% FML
Omfg fml.

You can provide the same show on a simulator, no one will know and you can make it even more dramatic, like loosing 100k inheritance or something... in the end will not mater, because I doubt too many people are watching anyway...

Day 10
+29.5%
Made up all my losses from yesterday plus $50 more. Oh yea.
No gambling today ladies and gentleman. Watch my video. Good predictions, good bets, good riding on the profits, and good exits. I know the percentage is huge but i'm surprised too. it's just because the futures contracts are too big for my account size. What a nice way to finish the week!

Day 10
+29.5%
Made up all my losses from yesterday plus $50 more. Oh yea.
No gambling today ladies and gentleman. Watch my video. Good predictions, good bets, good riding on the profits, and good exits. I know the percentage is huge but i'm surprised too. it's just because the futures contracts are too big for my account size. What a nice way to finish the week!

its good to see you made it back already!

(my opinion on position size has already been stated)

Day 11 +0.37%
Forgot today was labor day. Went in and exited quickly to go back to sleep because i wasnt expecting much movements. Glad I slept as there wasn't much movements.

Day 12
-3.14%
Today i felt for the first time maybe i cant make a living off of trading. Saw and traded similar patterns Ive seen many times before but i still made the same simple mistakes that scared my account. Only reason i am down 3% is because of pure luck. I wouldnt be surprised to be down 50% today as I sure deserved it.

Day 12
-3.14%
Today i felt for the first time maybe i cant make a living off of trading. Saw and traded similar patterns Ive seen many times before but i still made the same simple mistakes that scared my account. Only reason i am down 3% is because of pure luck. I wouldnt be surprised to be down 50% today as I sure deserved it.

Maybe limit position size a bit? I use 0.5 to 2% max, I'm not saying this is the right way to go but to stay in the game long term and allow plenty of time to learn shouldn't hurt anything.

My worst losses have always been when I ramped up the risk due to what I believed to be a 'sure thing' - got battered plenty!

Good luck

Today i felt for the first time maybe i cant make a living off of trading...

have you even shown you can make ANY money from trading? let alone make a living

Only reason i am down 3% is because of pure luck. I wouldnt be surprised to be down 50% today.

Seat-of-your-pants trading. And I see you simply couldn't take a loss so went "all in" :)

I sure deserved it.

i think you've been punished enough with your trading debts mate

Again thank you for sharing your experience especially the live streaming i appreciate it (y)

We all make these mistakes from time to time and are continually trying to improve