Took out a loan to transition to full-time trading. 24 years old.

internet.jpg

Yes - this has got to be a wind-up.

No-one would be so stupid as to blow over a quarter of their account on one trade or half of an outstanding loan on one trade.

All this despite repeated warnings from members on this thread !!

Also for someone who claims they are about to give up their job to go trading full-time,the OP now claims to be going for some interview.

This is playing out like a slow car crash.

Anyway we just need 3 more trades like the last one then it will be all over.

Good for a laugh. Makes my trading look sensible by comparison.
At the school I went to the master would be getting the cane out and having a few practice swings.
No pathetic excuses like pleading insanity would make much difference either.

:LOL:

Last edited:
Yes - this has got to be a wind-up.

No-one would be so stupid as to blow over a quarter of their account on one trade or half of an outstanding loan on one trade.

All this despite repeated warnings from members on this thread !!

Also for someone who claims they are about to give up their job to go trading full-time,the OP now claims to be going for some interview.

This is playing out like a slow car crash.

Anyway we just need 3 more trades like the last one then it will be all over.
Agreed .No one takes those sort of risks.
We have all been out of control and messed up a couple of times but you learn from that and if you have any sense you take the emotion out and trade small after your shocks.
I once went from 10k to 13 to 7 and then back again to 10 in 1 week.i was very inexperienced and i really learnt from the move and was very lucky.i never traded that crazy again.:cool:

.........Agreed .No one takes those sort of risks.
"............l:

Why do you (and charlton) say that? The thread epitomises the very reasons why the vast majority of wannabe traders blow up and have to retreat with their tails between their legs.

So far, if it's not a wind up lesson in the most common ways of failing then it ought to be. If it's genuine then wabu better learn fast .

Why do you (and charlton) say that? The thread epitomises the very reasons why the vast majority of wannabe traders blow up and have to retreat with their tails between their legs.

So far, if it's not a wind up lesson in the most common ways of failing then it ought to be. If it's genuine then wabu better learn fast .
imho the thread is manufactured;)

imho the thread is manufactured;)

So what if it's true. You'd buy it every time.

Although the OP can prove otherwise by calling out a few "trades". He doesn't actually have to put money in it. Just calling out would be sufficiently convincing.

Up to this point, this thread has all the elements of one of those make big money trainer threads. Looks to me this will have a happy ending when his account doubles or trebles in a day. It's easy to do, just by typing out a random number.

Agree with jon . You wouldnt believe how many traders would take such risks ! It happens everyday .

Agree with jon . You wouldnt believe how many traders would take such risks ! It happens everyday .

The risks here are justified. The OP clearly stated up front he needed to pay for every day things with is account. If he doesn't go big, there is absolutely no chance it will work.

It is still inconclusive he will lose. Big risks comes with big rewards. My gut still goes for a happy ending to the story, even if not in reality.

Risks taken here are certainly not justified and i am sure it will end up badly if not now then later , unless its a wind up then for sure it will have a wonderful end ;) .

The risks here are justified. The OP clearly stated up front he needed to pay for every day things with is account. If he doesn't go big, there is absolutely no chance it will work.

It is still inconclusive he will lose. Big risks comes with big rewards. My gut still goes for a happy ending to the story, even if not in reality.

But he is still working.........this is getting rather silly........:sleep:

But he is still working.........this is getting rather silly........:sleep:

Well, there are plenty of background stuff that haven't been stated. For instance, is his working income sufficient to cover the cost of maintaining any loans he may have had before the latest loan ?

When someone states he wants an account to pay for regular things, that suggests there's no slack elsewhere.

One thing we know for sure is he isn't new to it all with the talk of over-bought, over-sold etc. Same kind of thing could well have happened to whatever money he had previously. Over-bought, over-sold don't come to people over night. It takes practice.

My capital: $13,000
Loans: $25,000 with around 25% APR
My salary: ~$55,000 with bonus

Big risks,come with big rewards ? .......seriously ?

The 2 do not have to be as correlated as people think.....by mitigating risk with diligent and researched rules and optimising the probability of reward again from having developed an edge.......you can have the best of both worlds

This is,trading guys not a crap game or a roulette wheel :smart:

N