Too good to be true?

immaia

Hi, I'm a newbie to trading. Did a training of a few weeks on this and started practicing forex on Metatrade software just a few days ago.
Despite the ups and downs of my experiments on the demo, in two days I doubled my money without much effort.
I'm finding it too good and too easy to be true. Am I doing something wrong? :LOL:
I read everywhere that newbies always loose a lot of money before they start making any, so I just found it strange that I'm doing so well. Of course, I could loose it all in the next couple of days. Just wanted feedback from more experienced people if this happens.
Thanks

Hi, I'm a newbie to trading. Did a training of a few weeks on this and started practicing forex on Metatrade software just a few days ago.
Despite the ups and downs of my experiments on the demo, in two days I doubled my money without much effort.
I'm finding it too good and too easy to be true. Am I doing something wrong? :LOL:
I read everywhere that newbies always loose a lot of money before they start making any, so I just found it strange that I'm doing so well. Of course, I could loose it all in the next couple of days. Just wanted feedback from more experienced people if this happens.
Thanks

Come back in twelve months and show a list of your trades and results and you may, or may not, have something interesting to report. Good luck:)

if it sounds to good to be true it probably is, as they say

its not too hard buying when price is in a strong uptrend
buying when price is in a strong downtrend is another matter

but at least you ve not tried to short every peak in the uptrend
as it does nt normally work out too well

practice for one yr and if your still winning after trading all the different trends over a full yr
then your obviously doing something right

a goal ive read on the net is to get the demo upto 100-150k profit

and if you can prove a 75% win rate Goldman Sachs might give you a job

tradings not always so easy or maybe im thick?

Good luck

Last edited:
thank you for the feedback. you're right, two days is statistacally irrelevant, so when I have something more convincing to report, I will :)

In two days? What's your leverage?

Remember, the #1 reason for blowing up is too much size. You've had some winners, but what if those were losing trades? Your money would be gone.

Thanks

The trading sharks are waiting for the next noob caviar.