Tony Blair: Is This The Beginning Of The End?

It is an irony that they killed Chile's democratically elected president on September 11, 1973.

All that any of the above says is that in this world "Truth" is a changing thing and that it can change dramatically and in a very short timescale.

So based on this it is inappropriate to draw comparisons between what happened even 10 years ago and try to draw a moral argument by comparison to today. If you go back only 60 years the truth was that Germany and Italy were our enemies, Russia was a friend and less than 5 years later this had reversed.

All we can be sure of is that Politics has, and always will, attract the morally inept and that this will continue. The truth in 5 years time will certainly be different to what it is today and arguing about it achieves nothing other than satisfied egos that we may have gone one over another on a particular subject. In my view it doesnt change a thing.

Paul

In the past 40 years:
Russia invaded Afghanistan, Hungary, and oppressed various countries, fights Chechen rebels and kills 100,000s and supported many dictatorships including Castro.

In the past 40 years the US killed Chile's president, invaded Vietnam, bombed Cambodia, financed the Contras , armed Saddam and supported military dictatorships in Latin America and elesewhere.
In the past 40 years the UK armed the Israelis, the Indonesians, Saddam Hussein, Oman, supported apartheid in South Africa etc..assasinated Irish Catholics etc.

Pots and kettles??

you missed out,

In the past 40 years the USA kept the peace in Europe.
In the past 40 years the USA kept Russia out of Europe.
In the past 40 years when the French pulled out of Vietnam the USA stepped in to fill the void, look what happened when they pulled out more mass murder by if memory serves me well Pol Pot.
The Irish Catholics assasinated just as many Brits.

Perhaps in another 40 years somebody will write that the USA saved millions from mass murder

cheers

spreadbet

Dear boy

I did say if memory serves me well, which on this occassion it would seem it did not. Who was it?

USA

re spreadbets comments.....the us will only save millions of lives if is in their interests to do so......they wont do it purely because its the right thing to do....

I am inclined to agree with that statement to a degree but I wonder how much America as a nation donates a year in food aid to countries hard pressed for whatever reason.

However it is in everybody's interest for America to protect its interests as it did in the cold war.

cheers

spreadbet

Re: USA

bertie said:
re spreadbets comments.....the us will only save millions of lives if is in their interests to do so......they wont do it purely because its the right thing to do....

haha, that's true but that also applies to every govt. past and present of every nation

idealism and morality are for Student Tards, something that Politicians and Corporate Bois were forced to relinquish the second they entered political or corporate life

troof!

- Car Key Boi :cool: