Todd Mitchell ES Trading Course

seguna

Hello All

Can anyone with experience/exposure shed light on the trading course run by one Todd Mitchell in the US? The course is primarily geared towards daytrading the Emini S&P500. Usefully, he is both NFA and CFTC registered. I've also had some decent feedback from folks who attended his program.

Link : http://www.tmitchell.com

So far, this is the ONLY person I've seen offering a no quibbles money back guarantee on a daytrading trading course. Unheard of surely!

ps: If there's already a thread out there on these guys could someone please supply the link? Thanks.

seguna said:
Hello All

Can anyone with experience/exposure shed light on the trading course run by one Todd Mitchell in the US? The course is primarily geared towards daytrading the Emini S&P500. Usefully, he is both NFA and CFTC registered. I've also had some decent feedback from folks who attended his program.

Link : http://www.tmitchell.com

So far, this is the ONLY person I've seen offering a no quibbles money back guarantee on a daytrading trading course. Unheard of surely!

ps: If there's already a thread out there on these guys could someone please supply the link? Thanks.

This is your second query re US courses so I would repeat my earlier reply to you on another thread, to research via Elite Trader.

I read both Elite and T2W and have never seen a reference to any of the courses you refer to but you might dig up something in their archives.

Seguna

there r people who offer guarantee's but few & far between, but wont to go into that as I dont want to get into a debate.

Just had a very quick look at the site, if they r offering a money back guarantee & live trading then that is good. u certainly dont want to pay for training if u aren't going to trade 'Live'. & if they r backing this up with a guarantee that is a bonus......obviously check all this & the guarantee out , but good luck with it.

I know someone who has been on the RSofhoustan course u referred to, if he doesn't reply to your post I will PM him & see if he has any advice re this for u.

all the best

Jay

Warning - irritating pedant alert

I still say a church steeple with a lightening conductor indicates a lack of faith

Or someone has pointed their torch at it
Or the metal is somehow shedding weight (mistaken lead thieves?)

I fink you mean lightning Neil!

My apologies for such unecessary pettiness: I'm afraid I'm the sort of irksome lowlife who also dreams of throttling innocent stallholders for advertising banana's and CD's when there's a perfectly good plural to be used.

Please beat me repeatedly about the head with a copy of Eats, Shoots and Leaves and I'll go away. :cheesy:

Re: Warning - irritating pedant alert

frugi said:

Or someone has pointed their torch at it
Or the metal is somehow shedding weight (mistaken lead thieves?)

I fink you mean lightning Neil!

My apologies for such unecessary pettiness: I'm afraid I'm the sort of irksome lowlife who also dreams of throttling innocent stallholders for advertising banana's and CD's when there's a perfectly good plural to be used.

Please beat me repeatedly about the head with a copy of Eats, Shoots and Leaves and I'll go away. :cheesy:

Oops - well spotted that man ;)

Re: Re: Todd Mitchell ES Trading Course

neil said:

This is your second query re US courses so I would repeat my earlier reply to you on another thread, to research via Elite Trader.

I read both Elite and T2W and have never seen a reference to any of the courses you refer to but you might dig up something in their archives.

Neil

Thanx 4 ur pointer. However I prefer to post here because I prefer the 'community' here. I did do some searching on elitetrader and I'm not impressed with the quality of 'input'. So far anyway.

Seguna,

I have heard of Todd Mitchell- and knew someone who had attended the course- If he is offering a money back, then make sure there are no strings attached !! MB is very uncommon in this industry !

The guy who i knew did not really use the materials, so i am not sure what was taught........

Regarding RS of Houston - I have actually taken their course about 2 yrs ago- I must say that it was an eye opener for me at the time- their methods are MA based using certain patterns- The methods are discretionery- what does that mean ?

Well, that means u make up your mind about the trades- their methods are devised such that at times it is possible for u to be short and for me to be long !! Also discretion will require learning and quite a bit of experience.

Discretion will also mean that i might do very well using their methods and u may do really badly, due to our interpretations- They primarily concentrate on ES, but i know the methods are used for bonds and other mkts, since they are MA based ( have a look at the site)- Also, u get a manual and the methods have quite a bit of structure.............

I am using bits and pieces of their methods- HOWEVER, my performance is still less than satisfactory - why ? because of the psychological parts which are key to master- as u may already know !!

I think RS is quite expensive and if u decide to go for it, i would suggest that u budget for abother $1000 for a 6 month back up and live internt trading sessions- at least these guys will trade live and will not be ashamed, even if the day ends up a losing one..........

Do i recommond them ?? I never recommend anything to anyone in trading........... as i said at the end of the day, some people are going to find the course ( and other courses) magical and others are going to put them aside after a while !! problem is , u will not know that until u have tried it ( catch 22)-

If u decide to go for this course ( or any other) - U MUST accept the fact that u probably wll have to adapt it to what YOU are comfortable with.....since there is no holy grail.

Also, a word of warning about references ! As some one who has attended lots of courses, seminars, softwares etc......... the references are the people who are happy with the course/seminar - that would mean about 20/30 % of them- u will not hear from the ones that have tried the course, but put it aside............ so the references will ALWAYS be +ve............

Anyway, hope the above has helped.

Al

Re: Re: Re: Todd Mitchell ES Trading Course

seguna said:

Neil

Thanx 4 ur pointer. However I prefer to post here because I prefer the 'community' here. I did do some searching on elitetrader and I'm not impressed with the quality of 'input'. So far anyway.

here is an Elite reference to him and books/courses in general.
So why not contact the author of the article "Mojo59", since he has bought the material, and ask him, as a customer, what he thought about it.

At least that would be a start for you.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=156408&highlight=tmitchell.com#post156408

Hope this helps.

Course

Al

Thanks for this excellent detailed critique.

I wish u all the best in your endeavors. By the way, as an aid to improving your trading psychology, have a look at

http://www.directyourmind.com/scripts/tradingmind.php

I HAVEN'T tried it yet though I plan to but the concept is very appealing. Have a look and lets know ur thoughts.
:D

Seguna,

I have very recently got the CD, although have not worked on it much............will have a serious go at it.

All the best with whatever u try.

cheers
Al

I'm selling Todd Mitchell course

If anyone's interested, I'm selling the course exactly as I received it. Includes the Comprehensive manual, the Audio and Quick Start manual, the Volume I DVD, and the second DVD (which is in file format: I will e-mail that volume as an attached file).

Basically, you will get the complete course with one exception: you won't have access to the private members area where the course author posts daily charts of market activity and his commentary. Obviously, I can't sell you this part of it, unless you buy the course directly from the vendor. However, the second volume DVD which I will send contains 6 tutorials of different market days where the author explains his course in detail, so it's pretty much the same thing as what's in the daily post commentaries.

The course lists for $1970.00. To be completely honest, I paid $987.50 for my copy, and I'm willing to turn it around for $750.00, non-negotiable, to be paid in USD. Fair enough? BTW, I found the course to be excellent if you want to make several daily trades on the S&P E-mini (my paper trading results were roughly around 70% accurate with 3 weeks of testing showing a definite comfortable profit).

Serious inquiries, only. PM me.
Regards,
Anne

Anne

Is it legal for you to sell this? How come you got yours for $987? Are you selling a personally copied reproduced version or what?

For what you are offering, I think you are asking way too much. The course is not as valuable without the authors ongoing input and real market trading support.

is it legal?

Why wouldn't it be legal? Can you sell a car you just bought? A book? A house? Where I come from, buying and then selling a now used product is perfectly legal. Perhaps not true in Korea or the Middle East perhaps? In this case, it is totally up to the buyer whether they want to buy something used and not receive the authors' input, and totally up to them what they think is a reasonable price. That's why I've carefully explained that buyers WOULD NOT be receiving the authors' input and that's why I'm selling the course for less than what I paid for it.

On the other hand, an illegal sale would involve buying a product, making copies of it without the authors' permission, and then redistributing it for a profit, which I'm clearly not.

BTW, I think the price is completely fair. True, the buyer would not receiving the authors' input as you correctly point out. But that's why the price I'm asking is over 1thousand USD less the original price; you can't get everything for nothing, I mean, let's be reasonable.

If you have any legal precedent you can site to disprove the above, I'd like you to post them?

Anne

critical review of T Mitchell course

For all those interested - inside or outside Trade2Win, there's been a very lively discussion on the Todd Mitchell course over on Elite Trader (see www.elitetrader.com). Go to Elite, type in "Todd Mitchell" in the search engine and look at the thread on Mitchell.

In any case, some of the criticisms are, in my opinion, quite valid.

For instance, I personally am having lots of issues with Mitchell's risk/reward ratio of 2.25 to 1. However you justify it, it seems flawed. I also question slippage - seems like his slippage works out better than mine.

Also, I agree with Elite thread that service was not that great. Maybe it's 'cause Mitchell builds himself up to having such superior customer service that he sets up for being more criticized? In any case, I found many e-mails not answered, calls not returned. Sorry Todd; overall, I'm not terribly impressed but would expect more for a thousand bucks.

Fellow traders e-mail me if you want more specifics.
Ron

I would never pay that much for a course as it doesnt tell u a thing about the emotions involved in trading. That mind software may be of more use. Also I noted a guy selling the software at a reduced rate. There is a site run by a russian that sells every software available at 10% of its course cost. I havent brought any but know others who have and say they got it with no problems. Obviously this guy has hacked into various programms to do this and no doubt he is a wanted man by many.

I would never pay that much for a course as it doesnt tell u a thing about the emotions involved in trading. That mind software may be of more use. Also I noted a guy selling the software at a reduced rate. There is a site run by a russian that sells every software available at 10% of its course cost. I havent brought any but know others who have and say they got it with no problems. Obviously this guy has hacked into various programms to do this and no doubt he is a wanted man by many.

He is now asking $2500. Yikes!!!

What is the site name of the Russian?

Hello All

Link : Trading Concepts | E-Mini, Futures, Options & Stock Trading

Seguna,

It's been 3 years since I signed up with Todd Mitchel and went through his course, which culminated in a few sessions trading with him. He can be quite testy, one on one, and unless the market is cooperating, his methods don't always work.
But that has been 3 years now and I know that he has partnered with a guy by the name of Doc Severson that has probably helped him out with his methodologies.
He really struggled when I was dealing with him and he only offered his money back guaranty for 30 days. It takes 30 days just to digest a system, such as his.