To Trader or Not to Trade (Medium term US Stocks)

thenoob

Hey all,

Had a look around and could not find anything specifically related to this and thought it would be interesting to discuss with fellow members (not experts or pro sellers).

Having just come of a very good run of trades over the past 6 months, I'm slightly nervous getting back into the market (only taking longs). The market is trading at all time highs and there is the obvious concern of diving back in and getting stung by a retreating market.

Thoughts, anyone still getting long on the market, who's waiting for a pullback, lowering trade sizes etc.?

Personally, I'm standing aside, but with my trades coming in it feels a waste to not get back into the market.

Thoughts, anyone still getting long on the market, who's waiting for a pullback, lowering trade sizes etc.?

Personally, I'm standing aside, but with my trades coming in it feels a waste to not get back into the market.

What is your own strategy, trading plan? A lot depends on how willing are you to follow your trading plan. if your trading plan says only enter when it pullback, then you wait for the pullback. A lot depends also on your emotions. Why do you think its a waste to not get back into the market? Do you think the market would be "gone" tomorrow? You would have a lot of other opportunities next time , right?

Are you physically buying shares?Why don't you open a financial spread betting account. If the market retreats you can short speculate and take advantage . You can get in and out long using spreadbetting if you don't want to commit right now.Another option is to go back in long like you have and hedge your positions using the spread betting if the market pull back.

thenoob, I don't speculate anymore. Also, congrats on your recent run of profitable trades. I figured out a long time ago that asking people on a forum to validate your own opinions on the market usually leads to disappointment. Do you hope to feel better if we all agree that the market will be bullish in the mid-term? Do you want to argue and tell us we're all wrong when we don't agree with you? Will our opinions actually have an effect on your trading decisions?

Sorry if I seem like an asshole. I just don't see the point.

One of the maxims of this forum is to ignore the poster(s) of advice. Only take advice if the advice makes perfect sense on its own; the person posting makes no difference. So, we can all say different things like "I'm bullish because of the Fed" or "I'm bearish because of the impending deflation" or whatever. It doesn't matter because you're going to read these opinions and evaluate them based on their objective merit. And that means you're only going to take the advice of opinions that align with your own opinions.

The only thing you will get out of reading replies to your OP is validation of your original opinion on the market.

You've obviously had success trading. I think you should continue with that trading method and see where it takes you. If you end up losing money, then you will have something to improve on. Our replies of personal opinions don't matter.