TM Harris Associates

pboyles

Legendary member
TM Harris are now flogging rare earth metals by cold calling people. More to follow.

Edit: I should add that I know this because I have just spoken to a person who received a cold call recently.

http://tmharriscarbon.com/

Last edited:
Clive Harris Mongelard was a director of Mansion House Securities

Company Director Check

Mansion House Securities were fined £122,000 by the FSA for various rule breaches and are now in liquidation.

Financial Services Register

Clive has previously been with the following companies

Montague Pitmann Stockbrokers - Fined by the FSA and now in liquidation.
Don't fall prey to carbon credulity | Money Observer

Falcon Securities - parent company of Montague Pitman

HB Markets (Hoodless Brennan) - fined by the FSA Hoodless Brennan fined £150k | Business | The Guardian

For some reason T2W is blocking part of the company name, it should read De V.e.r.e group.

So in short the director of TM Harris has been a director or employee at 4 companies who have been fined by the FSA for breaches of regulations. His current company is cold calling selling rare earth metals.

Here is a police warning about cold callers selling rare earth metals.

‘Cold call’ investment scam claims at least five victims in Devon and Cornwall | This is North Devon

Here is a nationwide warning from Action Fraud.

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/rare-metal-investment-scam-jan13

One number they use is 020 36672132 if you receive a call from this number you know who it's from.

I love the way these firms never tell you anything about the people behind them. I wonder why......

Folks, if you've ever cold called about rare earth metals, and buy, this is what will happen to you -

1. You WILL buy some earth metals and will be provided with a proper bill of title

2. But you won't realise, because you're naive and believe cold calling strangers bearing tales of easy money, is that you've paid £5,000 for something that's probably worth nearer £200

STAY AWAY FROM ALL COMPANIES SELLING 'ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENTS' UNLESS YOU LIKE TO LOSE MONEY.

If you're ever cold called from a firm selling 'alternative investments' then BEFORE you do anything, go grab a coffee or beer and take a 30mins or so to read ALL of the posts from the Daily Mirror's excellent scambusters Blog relating to investments -

Investigations

Do that and I think you'll soon realise just what's in store for your money....... However, if you fail to realise what's going on then that in my opinion makes you a mug of the highest order and are going to find yourself a very 'valued' client......

Good info Pboyles!!

TM Harris (AKA CLIVE HARRIS) love wasting time on the uninterested having called me again and for the umpteenth time recently. Notwithstanding that "Clive Harris" has called my number near on ten times over the years, he never seems to learn that 'not interested' really does equate to... "not interested".

Where he gets our numbers from is anybody's guess. Just wondering if the common denominator among us all, is having an account at CMC markets or dare I suggest IG, at one stage in our lives?

Nonetheless, this poster wants to warn people that he has within the past few weeks (during which time I have received said call) been using the following number to call from:

...which is similar to the other reported number above, that he has used: 02036672132

Every now and again I receive calls for alternate investments. I remember several months back it was for the carbon credits market and the person on the line had a long talk with me( 'cause I wanted to find out more) until I said no and he was annoyed that he said that was one wasted opportunity and that he would delete me from his datatbase...fine. Until today I received another call the number being similar to the one above (seems like my name is being passed from one associate to another), this time for a rare metals investment emailed me with the tmharrismetals website. Looks legitimate but if it isn't why are these people allowed to operate?

I have been in contact with them for over 6 weeks. He has been ringing me and although i have shown interest, i didnt hand over any money. i have reported T M Harris and Paul Elvin (apparently a senior portfolio manager) to Action Fraud.
the numbers i have received calls from are 0203 667 2130 and 0203 667 2138.

Although Action Fraud stated i must cease contact, i eagerly want to accept "Paul Elvins" invite for ' a spot of lunch so he can get to know his clients'.

I urge anyone who has been contacted by them to report them to the Action Fraud internet crime agency 03001232040.

Good info Pboyles!!

Where he gets our numbers from is anybody's guess. Just wondering if the common denominator among us all, is having an account at CMC markets or dare I suggest IG, at one stage in our lives?

I used to think they got them from share registers and companies like computershare, but over the last 2 years i've been getting hundreds of these boiler room calls. So maybe you're closer to the mark, i reckon CMC would flog anything they could.
Their prime targets are always pensioners and the vulnerable (easily bullied on the phone), irrespective of intelligence or wealth, so i think its everyone's civic duty to waste as much of their time as possible, my record is an hour.

Just had a call from this company. I let him talk for a bit then said "Tell me who's the director of your company?" Then asked if he had any fines... the salesman, Andre, then started saying "all the stuff on the internet about us is from a company called trade2win and it's not true. You can see that trade2win are being taken to court for slander, and trade2win are paid by other companies to slander us and Clive Harris".... he still went on and on before I told him he was wasting his time and hung up.

Just had a call from this company. I let him talk for a bit then said "Tell me who's the director of your company?" Then asked if he had any fines... the salesman, Andre, then started saying "all the stuff on the internet about us is from a company called trade2win and it's not true. You can see that trade2win are being taken to court for slander, and trade2win are paid by other companies to slander us and Clive Harris".... he still went on and on before I told him he was wasting his time and hung up.

I love these calls myself ! If they call me trying to flog carbon credits I tell them that I have just put all of my money into fine wines - if it's rare earth metals I say I have just loaded up on carbon credits - passes the day nicely!

I love these calls myself ! If they call me trying to flog carbon credits I tell them that I have just put all of my money into fine wines - if it's rare earth metals I say I have just loaded up on carbon credits - passes the day nicely!

They always start by asking how things are going (meaning the markets) but I give them a rundown on my life (today covering a teddy tea party and play in the paddling pool, and tending to a stubbed toe, all before 8 am - I have a toddler). He then asks about the markets and so I like to give a ridiculously positive performance, as I know they don't care or listen.

Amusingly, this guy Andre can't pronounce half the words on his script. He was talking about "Rare earth medals" and it took me a few minutes to work out he actually meant "metals". Laboratory was also said in a way that I had to laugh.

The info on trade2win is not true? That's a bit of a feeble excuse, particularly as all the information about the fines is referenced to other sources including the FSA. It's a bit like telling your teacher that the dog ate your homework.

What is this Andre guys surname?

The info on trade2win is not true? That's a bit of a feeble excuse, particularly as all the information about the fines is referenced to other sources including the FSA. It's a bit like telling your teacher that the dog ate your homework.

What is this Andre guys surname?

I didn't get his surname sorry. Although I am pretty sure he rang me a few weeks ago from a different scam company.

I think what he actually said is search for "trade2win and scam" and see how it is a ripoff. No doubt he meant this kind of stuff....

Ripoff Report | Trade2Win Complaint Review Internet: 1051204

Which is just a disgruntled scam artist!

Funny that he specifically mentioned t2w as I hadn't done and as you say all the info is taken from elsewhere.

Hello All
Despite knowing the story of TM harris...... I bought some rare earth metals. How do i feel now?
The metals are in my name in the warehouse but they may be just useless.
How do i get out of this? Clive harris is not interested in selling and promising me the stars..
Made a mistake. Any suggestions?