Time Frame for Trades

Npard23

39 2
What are the average holding periods that fellow traders on the forum have for your trades? With a variety of strategies I expect them to be varied but skewed to be shorter than the long only retail crowd.

For me I'm a medium term position trader that combines both fundamental and technical analysis for investing decisions. My average trade length is 70 days but my holding period can be anywhere from 1 week to 1 year.

Pat494

Legendary member
14,621 1,578
Typically under 5 mins, but I might stretch to 20 mins for a 'buy-and'hold'. :)

Hope the OP has something interesting to do to fill the time gaps ?
Things are going really slowly for me by 1 hour's time.

Npard23

39 2
Hope the OP has something interesting to do to fill the time gaps ?
Things are going really slowly for me by 1 hour's time.

With a portfolio size of 20-40 stocks/futures I still make 4-10 trades a week (counting getting stopped out as an exit). Don't worry about time gaps, I need the time to do my research properly and meetings for other aspects of the business.

marketshark

2 0
Anywhere from a few seconds to a few weeks.. Depends on what strategy I'm using at the time.

westernforce

246 44
I's all relative I 'spose, but I'm a bigger picture trader, so for me it's the longer time frames. That said, I'll hold trades from days to weeks, although I do some non "trading" stock investments that are running for years.

drtro

216 21
Usually anywhere from 10 seconds to throughout the day. I rarely hold overnight. I never hold over weekends. However I began investing recently. I've had various ETFs held for over six months. Mostly various sectors. Then some commodity and bond ETFs. Up 12.4%. Anybody recommend a good China or emerging market ETF?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock