Tickmil (Armada) ... anyone have experience with this broker ?

Alpari UK and LQD market... Both were well regulated. Did it protect them against insolvency? No. Regulation failed to spot unsafe broker practice, and proved to be not enough anymore to define a reliable broker.
While a regulated broker is good, an account that are secured and kept in segregated accounts is even better. I think one should know if accounts are secured and "ring fenced" or not, so that if a company goes bankrupt, the trader will eventually, even though it will take some, be able to recoup the money at the account.

I trade with a few not fully regulated and secured, but I am careful not depositing too much money. I like the fact that a representetive of Tickmill comes on the forum to clearify his views, on the issue of a small country broker regulation.

Okay, then how we can check that client accounts are segregated? Is it enough to make a request to a broker?

OTC broker goes down

Alpari UK and LQD market... Both were well regulated. Did it protect them against insolvency? No. Regulation failed to spot unsafe broker practice, and proved to be not enough anymore to define a reliable broker.

Although true but you must also look at the fact that because of being FCA regulated broker at least client have some chance of getting their money back what chance with a "Seychellan " regulated broker! or one in Cyprus or in Malta for that matter even a OECD country like Australia!
OTC broker goes down your money is gone .

Their first defense is
1) you money is kept in one of 4 major banks in Australia
Yes those banks are not likely to go belly up but you Mr "Broker" can!
This statement is like saying "Trust me because you can trust the big regulated bank"
2) Money is ring fenced
Yah in theory but in practice?

There are vested interestest at play which don;t want to see tighter "Client money safety rules" and they will lobby the government and win because common investor does not bother!

Although true but you must also look at the fact that because of being FCA regulated broker at least client have some chance of getting their money back what chance with a "Seychellan " regulated broker!

Retail traders are not eligible to reimbursement investor scheme from FCA, but at least they require a broker to segregate client funds as a prerequisite before giving a leg up.:)
Guess, Tickmill ensured keeping their client and operational funds in different pockets as well.

Does it have any relation with FCA? Seems it is different organisation, right?:)

BTW, does somebody tried newly introduced CFD's? How tight are spreads there?

Yes it is diff but it is FSCS that covers the consumers , you are from UK it seems you should know!

With CFD/s again buyer beware
Heavy Leverage
Market Maker or trur Direct Market Access?

Yes it is diff but it is FSCS that covers the consumers , you are from UK it seems you should know!

With CFD/s again buyer beware
Heavy Leverage
Market Maker or trur Direct Market Access?

So you personally against CFD trading right?

The point is that I always considered indices more predictable than currencies.. I mean less factors shape the price there, so less hassle with fundamental trading, I guess.

Bayer invented new drug - DAX rise (and so on in this sense :)).

However "..Companies are capped at a weight of 10% so legal provisions of the index are met and more importantly any mergers and acquisitions do not lead to the emergence of an 'index heavyweight' that will massively influence the value of the index."

Tickmill has good conditions on them I think it's worth to try.
A bit tricky though

The point is that I always considered indices more predictable than currencies.. I mean less factors shape the price there, so less hassle with fundamental trading, I guess.

Bayer invented new drug - DAX rise (and so on in this sense :)).

However "..Companies are capped at a weight of 10% so legal provisions of the index are met and more importantly any mergers and acquisitions do not lead to the emergence of an 'index heavyweight' that will massively influence the value of the index."

Tickmill has good conditions on them I think it's worth to try.
A bit tricky though

Hi gerryg,
have you tried Oil trade with them ?
I currently develop a breakout system for oil trade. use different brokerage service, as their Oil symbol are changing as the current contract end. and for each contract end I need to attach my system to new chart ( new contract, pair symbol #CLK5, #CLK4..so on). problem is as per contract end sometimes I left several entry not yet finished ( use moving Stop loss for exit ), so it's keep ruining the ea logic as unable to modify the the sl level due contract end ( close only).
and tickmill offer single symbol "WTI" and I saw these are perfect for my current developed trading system, since I dont need to bother with extra oil symbol, need running at different chart each month.
based on their website the contract are based on last 2 months contract, so what so different from any other that use current months oil contract? is there any extra advantage instead of their lower spread.
many thank's

Hi gerryg,
have you tried Oil trade with them ?
I currently develop a breakout system for oil trade. use different brokerage service, as their Oil symbol are changing as the current contract end. and for each contract end I need to attach my system to new chart ( new contract, pair symbol #CLK5, #CLK4..so on). problem is as per contract end sometimes I left several entry not yet finished ( use moving Stop loss for exit ), so it's keep ruining the ea logic as unable to modify the the sl level due contract end ( close only).
and tickmill offer single symbol "WTI" and I saw these are perfect for my current developed trading system, since I dont need to bother with extra oil symbol, need running at different chart each month.
based on their website the contract are based on last 2 months contract, so what so different from any other that use current months oil contract? is there any extra advantage instead of their lower spread.
many thank's

I just compared with some other brokers (demo though) and Tickmill spreads are some better (I mean on exchange ECN account)
But do you consider Oil volatile enough now? I think it has a good trading potential with fundamental analysis, just check how Yemen Rebellions affected it's price, or it's just a part of normal growth. A bit confused but want to try bullish position for 2-3 days to see how it goes
Cheers.

I just compared with some other brokers (demo though) and Tickmill spreads are some better (I mean on exchange ECN account)
But do you consider Oil volatile enough now? I think it has a good trading potential with fundamental analysis, just check how Yemen Rebellions affected it's price, or it's just a part of normal growth. A bit confused but want to try bullish position for 2-3 days to see how it goes
Cheers.

I do some research upon oil price lately, and build an automatic system upon it.
lately I use broker with #CL symbol, and it's always changing traded symbol each month, for example #CLK5 for curent month oil traded. while on my tickmill platform it use WTI, and dont change for each months. I use to trade EU mostly with them, and my ea also run well with them. since they offer a more competitive spread I'd like to try these new method with their platform. but first I need to clarify what the difference upon these two, the CL and WTI (I believe it's not their spread though). I simply use london-us market session break out strategy for a moment, fully technical type so I dont had a clear clue with it come to fundamental news, or political situation. I just aim for medium average pips gain anyway :) .

All I am saying is look at these factors when it comes to using an Over The Counter Product like CFD
I don't know what exactly you are after really

I do some research upon oil price lately, and build an automatic system upon it.
lately I use broker with #CL symbol, and it's always changing traded symbol each month, for example #CLK5 for curent month oil traded. while on my tickmill platform it use WTI, and dont change for each months. I use to trade EU mostly with them, and my ea also run well with them. since they offer a more competitive spread I'd like to try these new method with their platform. but first I need to clarify what the difference upon these two, the CL and WTI (I believe it's not their spread though). I simply use london-us market session break out strategy for a moment, fully technical type so I dont had a clear clue with it come to fundamental news, or political situation. I just aim for medium average pips gain anyway :) .

Yeah, seems we are from different trader camps :) But nevertheless Tickmill is good to try Oil, though it's recently introduced I think they tested it enough to offer us, BTW what's your average lot size you plan to use in your system?

Yeah, seems we are from different trader camps :) But nevertheless Tickmill is good to try Oil, though it's recently introduced I think they tested it enough to offer us, BTW what's your average lot size you plan to use in your system?

no problem, difference never mean cannot collaborate ;). actually it's a good chance for me to ask many thing related to oil price behaviour. my current information are mostly based on historical chart, backtest result. any information upon their best time to trade, any month or day should I avoid to trade with them, or perhaps any special occasion where most trader dont put trade with them, if any.
yeah they doing good to put oil price available to trade. well, actually with their 0.4 pips spread on Oil price, are match requirement my current trading system (works best with below 1 pips trading instrument). regarding lot size, I will go with common set up, 3-4% risk per trade, predefined SL.
check your pm, sent my skype ID so we can discuss the detailed information, and will let you had the ft link.

no problem, difference never mean cannot collaborate ;). actually it's a good chance for me to ask many thing related to oil price behaviour. my current information are mostly based on historical chart, backtest result. any information upon their best time to trade, any month or day should I avoid to trade with them, or perhaps any special occasion where most trader dont put trade with them, if any.
yeah they doing good to put oil price available to trade. well, actually with their 0.4 pips spread on Oil price, are match requirement my current trading system (works best with below 1 pips trading instrument). regarding lot size, I will go with common set up, 3-4% risk per trade, predefined SL.
check your pm, sent my skype ID so we can discuss the detailed information, and will let you had the ft link.

I always thought that it's impossible to predict market by it's history, but recently found a concept called "efficient market hypotesis" by Eugene F. Fama, which turned over my mind completely regarding historical analysis. Sure oil market is no exception and building forecasts on its historical data is also possible.
How deep is your touch in history data? 6 months, 1 year? or more?

I always thought that it's impossible to predict market by it's history, but recently found a concept called "efficient market hypotesis" by Eugene F. Fama, which turned over my mind completely regarding historical analysis. Sure oil market is no exception and building forecasts on its historical data is also possible.
How deep is your touch in history data? 6 months, 1 year? or more?

each trader who's been long enough with the market would fully agree with that.
the main problem with the market price are, prediction. I do mean these are the real problem of any single trader ( including me ). all of us try to predict, that's when problem comes, no one would ever accurately the market, due market are contain of many people, instituonal traders, bankers, and so on.
in short, market only talk to it self, but good news is market never lies :).
it applied to any trading instrument, oil are no exception. my historical data are not much really, 1 year historical data stored. but that's not the issue, I'm not trying to predict the market based on their past performance. my method much more simple, instead of predict, i intend to react to market movement.
and here's my current method apply with EURUSD pair, and next trading day will attach with Tickmill WTI chart since it has similar low spread to EU price.
Zwwy33T.jpg

each trader who's been long enough with the market would fully agree with that.
the main problem with the market price are, prediction. I do mean these are the real problem of any single trader ( including me ). all of us try to predict, that's when problem comes, no one would ever accurately the market, due market are contain of many people, instituonal traders, bankers, and so on.
in short, market only talk to it self, but good news is market never lies :).
it applied to any trading instrument, oil are no exception. my historical data are not much really, 1 year historical data stored. but that's not the issue, I'm not trying to predict the market based on their past performance. my method much more simple, instead of predict, i intend to react to market movement.
and here's my current method apply with EURUSD pair, and next trading day will attach with Tickmill WTI chart since it has similar low spread to EU price.
Zwwy33T.jpg

Looks like something "Martingalish"? Am I wrong?:D

Looks like something "Martingalish"? Am I wrong?:D

been long time since use such method, but these are not. use breakout trading method, with fixed lot size, predefined stop loss, and trail stop as exit system.
here's current chartspace with WTI price, just realize their WTI lot size are quite different. 1 lot at WTI are equal to 0.01 lot size while traded normal currencies.
su2qb7v.jpg

simple method :), see the red box, and you'll figure out what kind of trading system it is.

been long time since use such method, but these are not. use breakout trading method, with fixed lot size, predefined stop loss, and trail stop as exit system.
here's current chartspace with WTI price, just realize their WTI lot size are quite different. 1 lot at WTI are equal to 0.01 lot size while traded normal currencies.
su2qb7v.jpg

simple method :), see the red box, and you'll figure out what kind of trading system it is.

not quite aware about the exit plan, but never thought breakout system would given any good result, on Oil price are no exception. it's a common use trading method, unless you're willing to share more detail information upon these method :).
are these manually trade or automatic one ? as long as it's not martingalish one I'd gladly to give it a try.