Parameters to choose a broker??

As an introducing broker you don't actually run a brokerage yourself do you? You make you money through snagging & bagging people and pushing them the way of your paymaster grabbing a commission on the process. Is that give or take a point or two correct?

I don't have any issue personally with you carrying on your commercial activities here, none of my business. I just feel sorry for companies like FxPro, FXCM, CMC etc who spend a fair bit to get their name known here while you would do the same for no payment whatsoever.
Well I do not agree with you, I personally would welcome more company representatives contributing on this forum. If he think that IC markets is a good place to trade let him express that, it doesn't bother me the least. I have been looking at some other threads where he posts, and in some cases he contributes in general and interesting matters, so let him carry on.

Last edited:
Well I do not agree with you, I personally would welcome more company representatives contributing on this forum. If he think that IC markets is a good place to trade let him express that, it doesn't bother me the least.
You don't feel him getting a fee for introducing people to them might potentially bias his recommendations? Hardly like to be objective is it?

Plus this place would get swamped with touts, scammers and spammers if the mods didn't keep on top of them.

If you' re really interested in what's available out there than google it yourself. If yo do, you'll eventually come across his bunch and the somewhat negative experiences many have had.

Reputable brokers do not tout on the internet, neither do they allow their IBs to do so.

You don't feel him getting a fee for introducing people to them might potentially bias his recommendations? Hardly like to be objective is it?

Plus this place would get swamped with touts, scammers and spammers if the mods didn't keep on top of them.

If you' re really interested in what's available out there than google it yourself. If yo do, you'll eventually come across his bunch and the somewhat negative experiences many have had.

Reputable brokers do not tout on the internet, neither do they allow their IBs to do so.
No I don't feel he gets free publicity for nothing, he contributes and he is not over aggressive in marketing his own company. I think you have gotten of on the wrong foot with him. Also IC markets is as I understand it quite a well known company in the region of Australia-Asia. As said before, it is way too few company representatives on this forum, that could enhance the discussion climate here.

Last edited:
No I don't feel he gets free publicity for nothing, he contributes and he is not over aggressive in marketing his own company. I think you have gotten of on the wrong foot with him. Also IC markets is as I understand it quite a well known company in the region of Australia-Asia. As said before, it is way too few company representatives on this forum, that could enhance the discussion climate here.

You may have missed the point.

Before our friend was forced to change his avatar, every one of his posts, no matter how mundane or only tangentially relevant, was a free ad impression for the company for whom he is an IB. While some may consider this behaviour entrepreneurial, I consider it sneaky and underhand. It also potentially disadvantages the paying advertisers whose patronage make this site free for all of us to use. I'm just looking for fair play.

The company you mention are well known unfortunately for their rather spurious use of margin calls among other things which prove to be detrimental to their clients interests.

You may have missed the point.

Before our friend was forced to change his avatar, every one of his posts, no matter how mundane or only tangentially relevant, was a free ad impression for the company for whom he is an IB. While some may consider this behaviour entrepreneurial, I consider it sneaky and underhand. It also potentially disadvantages the paying advertisers whose patronage make this site free for all of us to use. I'm just looking for fair play.

The company you mention are well known unfortunately for their rather spurious use of margin calls among other things which prove to be detrimental to their clients interests.
Well, still I think you are too personal with him and that goes for him as well, better to post facts about trading related issues in my opinion.

Well, still I think you are too personal with him and that goes for him as well, better to post facts about trading related issues in my opinion.

Thanks for your voicing your opinion which of course you are as entitled to as I am sure you believe I am to mine.

We were discussing trading related issues, in this case, Parameters to Choose a Broker. One of mine is one that doesn't tout on the internet or allow its IBs to do so.

Honesty and integrity - vital in any business endeavour. I'll be very surprised after having been stripped of his free 'per post' advertising if our friend contributes to this site at anything like the rate he has been. If that, as I believe it will, turns out to be the case perhaps you will then accept my directness has been vindicated.

Last edited:
Thanks for your voicing your opinion which of course you are as entitled to as I am sure you believe I am to mine.

We were discussing trading related issues, in this case, Parameters to Choose a Broker. One of mine is one that doesn't tout on the internet or allow its IBs to do so.

Honesty and integrity - vital in any business endeavour. I'll be very surprised after having been stripped of his free 'per post' advertising if our friend contributes to this site at anything like the rate he has been. If that, as I believe it will, turns out to be the case perhaps you will then accept my directness has been vindicated.

Don't you think Forexfactory, BabyPips, Forex Peace Army, Forex TSD, Donna forex are far more popular places for free advertising.

I don't need to waste my money advertising here, Google adwords, Facebook are better places for that.

You are just a member of this forum and you don't need to act like a moderator.
Its better to focus on your trading.