Think it's hot today ?

"How did you demonstrate the earth moving during the day?"

Simple.
When you look at an object (Sun, Moon or whatever) with a fixed telescope, the telescope moves with the earth's rotation, whereas the object stays where it is.
So in the eyepiece you can see the object slowly drifting across the field of view as the earth rotates.
The higher the magnification you use, the faster the object moves.
It is quite spooky to realise how quickly the earth is rotating and to actually see it for youself.
The teachers were pretty impressed.
(****** Of course you NEVER look directly at the Sun through a telescope !!!!!!******)
I was projecting the Sun's image on to a piece of paper shaded inside a box. So everyone could see the sun gradually move across the paper.

"That picture of the moon looks very impressive very sharp and focused."
Well it's not bad is it, but on a cold still winter night it would be much better. When you are looking at individual craters with high magnification, you need the best seeing conditions.
If I'd zoomed in it woud be fuzzy at crater detail level because of the turbulence in the earth's atmosphere from the day's hot sun.

Funnily enough a number of people have said they are interested in astronomy recently - I suppose these things come in cycles.
Glenn