Is there anyone out here who's successful in Technical Analysis

It's usually the human element that messes up good TA.. You need the human element to really define an edge with a technical setup, but it also is the biggest thing working against you.

technical analysis is the only way you can win in trading. the banks pay millions to get news first, so you cant win being a fundamental trader (although you can take an educated guess sometimes). the problem you will face is what technical analysis wins more times than it loses. even if you get the higher win ratio then you must make sure your risk/reward is then adhered to.

There are number of traders who perform Technical Analysis to know the market trends and then decide about trade. So, I am guessing some will be successful in Technical Analysis.

Is there anyone out here who's successful in Technical Analysis

Last time I asked this question I got a sh..load of virtual traders having social problems in real life jumping on me, Bollinger bands mixed with EMA plus Fibs and other Mongolians' religion.

I personally think technicals are very successful products for books editors and big boys who just f...k the stops of all the morons based on pennants/flags/triangles and so nonsense.

Ah, it's a triangle! The price target must be X of the hight divided by the length multiplied by your grand ma's string size. They must laugh, the boys who trade real big money.

Trade the flow, that's it. Don't trade the funny pics

Last time I asked this question I got a sh..load of virtual traders having social problems in real life jumping on me, Bollinger bands mixed with EMA plus Fibs and other Mongolians' religion.

I personally think technicals are very successful products for books editors and big boys who just f...k the stops of all the morons based on pennants/flags/triangles and so nonsense.

Ah, it's a triangle! The price target must be X of the hight divided by the length multiplied by your grand ma's string size. They must laugh, the boys who trade real big money.

Trade the flow, that's it. Don't trade the funny pics

Bal

I think there is truth in your post, but TA is not only about pennants and so on, it is also the visual representation of the psychology's participant in many ways.

Said that, I am not suggesting that everyone will get great result out of it.

technical analysis is the only way you can win in trading. the banks pay millions to get news first, so you cant win being a fundamental trader (although you can take an educated guess sometimes). the problem you will face is what technical analysis wins more times than it loses. even if you get the higher win ratio then you must make sure your risk/reward is then adhered to.

I'd have to disagree that you can't win using fundamentals, seriously, what do you think is driving the Eur market.... what, technicals?? Most of all Euro market sentiment is being driven by fundmentals at the moment, trends are being defined and are trading on future market projections rather than immediate data releases, which is what I'm assuming you're saying the banks a paying "big money for".

I think it's best to choose a directional bias in the pair you're trading, then look for fundamental drivers/catalysts to give conviction to your trade, then you enter on a technical basis.

But that's not to say people don't make money just from technicals, or fundamentals, i prefer i mixture of both, as it gives you extra confidence in the trades you make.

I'd have to disagree that you can't win using fundamentals, seriously, what do you think is driving the Eur market.... what, technicals?? Most of all Euro market sentiment is being driven by fundmentals at the moment, trends are being defined and are trading on future market projections rather than immediate data releases, which is what I'm assuming you're saying the banks a paying "big money for".

I think it's best to choose a directional bias in the pair you're trading, then look for fundamental drivers/catalysts to give conviction to your trade, then you enter on a technical basis.

But that's not to say people don't make money just from technicals, or fundamentals, i prefer i mixture of both, as it gives you extra confidence in the trades you make.

fundamentals do not give you an entry, stop or a target, so just on fundamentals you should not be in a trade. fundamentals allow you to be an analyst NOT a trader.

never said they did mate... did you even read my post?

" fundamental drivers/catalysts to give conviction to your trade, then you enter on a technical basis."

ffs

Why don't you ask George Soros what he thinks about techinicals..

never said they did mate... did you even read my post?

" fundamental drivers/catalysts to give conviction to your trade, then you enter on a technical basis."

ffs

Why don't you ask George Soros what he thinks about techinicals..

AT, i have assumed a new trader asked in the thread "Is there anyone out here who's successful in Technical Analysis" and i said "you can only make money from technical analysis" and you are saying that you can make money form both, but you need technical analysis to enter - so you are arguing the same point as me, because you can not enter from fundies. so i think you need to read my post. this is a new trader do you think as a new trader he can make decisions (and winning trades from a fundamental analysis) so he needs to learn technical first to make winning trades.

also AT why swear? are you annoyed that the euro has bounced 200 pips from the low? is it hurting your account? because on friday nothing from a fundamental basis changed in europe, obviously it did over the weekend with the spanish banks, but at the weekend you cant manage your trade.

ps i dont have Mr Soros's number to ask him, but i make my decisions based on TA.

I came to this site 2 years ago as i needed help as i had lost a lot of money, but i got conflicting info, so went away and have now been successful for 8 months in a row (that is 8 months with positive pips in all of the 8 months) and came back here to help new traders and unsuccessful traders.

Here is the problem with teaching trading is that 2 traders may have different targets and stops. so for instance me and AT may trade in the same direction but are now arguing about what to look for. I try and make 200ish pips from a 40 stop but AT might trade 1000 from a 400 stop. but when on here surely the best advice for a new trader or unsuccessful trader is he/she needs to learn TA not fundies as he may interpret the fundies incorrectly and you have already said you need to enter on TA. so my advice to the trader that asked the original question would be learn technical analysis and yes it does work. as my focus whilst being in this community will be to think of the trader that asked for the help, rather than focusing on another trader in the thread that does not ask for help. AT, i am sure we can agree that they are the persons we are trying to help. lets not confuse the person in the OP

There are plenty of people here who are successful at TA, those who are successful at FA don't tend to come here but plenty of them exist too.

But what's the real question? - Is it possible? How's it done? When will it happen?

AT, i have assumed a new trader asked in the thread "Is there anyone out here who's successful in Technical Analysis" and i said "you can only make money from technical analysis" and you are saying that you can make money form both, but you need technical analysis to enter - so you are arguing the same point as me, because you can not enter from fundies. so i think you need to read my post. this is a new trader do you think as a new trader he can make decisions (and winning trades from a fundamental analysis) so he needs to learn technical first to make winning trades.

also AT why swear? are you annoyed that the euro has bounced 200 pips from the low? is it hurting your account? because on friday nothing from a fundamental basis changed in europe, obviously it did over the weekend with the spanish banks, but at the weekend you cant manage your trade.

ps i dont have Mr Soros's number to ask him, but i make my decisions based on TA.

I came to this site 2 years ago as i needed help as i had lost a lot of money, but i got conflicting info, so went away and have now been successful for 8 months in a row (that is 8 months with positive pips in all of the 8 months) and came back here to help new traders and unsuccessful traders.

Here is the problem with teaching trading is that 2 traders may have different targets and stops. so for instance me and AT may trade in the same direction but are now arguing about what to look for. I try and make 200ish pips from a 40 stop but AT might trade 1000 from a 400 stop. but when on here surely the best advice for a new trader or unsuccessful trader is he/she needs to learn TA not fundies as he may interpret the fundies incorrectly and you have already said you need to enter on TA. so my advice to the trader that asked the original question would be learn technical analysis and yes it does work. as my focus whilst being in this community will be to think of the trader that asked for the help, rather than focusing on another trader in the thread that does not ask for help. AT, i am sure we can agree that they are the persons we are trying to help. lets not confuse the person in the OP

Yeah look, i wasn't trying to make an argument or anything like that, sorry if i came across that way. Just the way i interpreted your original reply was that i thought you were saying fundamentals were nonsense, and pure TA is the only way.

Cheers,
AT

You have to define "successful".

I think the OP clearly means, is there anyone here on Trade2Win, who has supplanted their previous income from being an employee (or, from running a different business) with revenues generated purely from trading the currency markets.

That has to be at the very top of a very short list of definitions for: Successful.