Article The Top Reasons for Trading Failure

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,456 58
In life, we are each ultimately responsible for our own actions. The markets are no different. We are responsible for our own success and / or failure and the degree to which we are successful.
Winning at a career in trading is no different. To ensure a profitable future, one must be proactive. Preventing failure is an important part of that process. If you find yourself saying:

" I?m just not cut out for trading."
"I?m not disciplined enough."
" I hate staring at the computer all day and not doing anything."
" I see the trade; I just cannot pull the trigger."
" I cannot believe I got out of that trade so early."
" I cannot believe I am still in this losing trade."
" I had a hunch."
" It feels as though I?m fighting just to get nowhere."
" I cannot take another loss?"

?or any number of negative mental messages, you are heading down the path that leads to failure.
Having been a successful business consultant and having traded for many many years, I have found several recurring...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

FetteredChinos

Veteren member
3,897 40
pretty good..

doesnt address the fact that no matter how much discipline or positive thinking you have, if your method or system has a negative expectancy then you are burgered.

still, i like the bullet point style.

could be a "cut-out and keep" table , that one.

FC

SOCRATES

Veteren member
4,966 134
Very apt commentary on the inabilities of the Human Persona, that most people have a natural propensity to operate via it with regard to trading.
It doesn't and cannot work properly. Additionaly it will not work at all if the trader does not know what to do, or when, or for what reason or when to abstain if conditions are not right, and, to have the ability to recognise all of this as well.

The General

199 16
FC,

Your quote:

doesnt address the fact that no matter how much discipline or positive thinking you have, if your method or system has a negative expectancy then you are burgered.

Is not strictly true (IMHO) because someone who has the right characteristics but a wrong method will not carry on using the same method until wipe-out, that is why thay have the right mindset.........

SOCRATES

Veteren member
4,966 134
You see....There you have it, I am not the only one to say this.

obayo

5 0
Amen, I work with a company that helps people deal with this aspect of trading when we teach them a discipline. If you can deal with these aspects of trading the battle to become successful is on your side!

twiggytwo

206 4
This is a very good wake up Article, we all need to pin it up and read it as often as possible it may keep us from sliding down the ladder and help some to start to find the ladder

RUDEBOY

Experienced member
1,157 6
Excellent article, get your head round that and it'll make your trading life easier. I agree with twiggy, pin this one up!

Salty Gibbon

Experienced member
1,535 6
He forgot to mention that another of the major reasons for trader failure is because they spend too much time posting bullsh*it on T2W rather than concentrating on making money.

1lotwonder

19 1
Salty Gibbon said:
He forgot to mention that another of the major reasons for trader failure is because they spend too much time posting bullsh*it on T2W rather than concentrating on making money.

AMEN TO THAT!

a good trader with a bad system will beat a bad trader with a great system.

tradenow

1 0
I guess that at least 50% of wannabe-traders would do better with having a normal day-job and having their account managed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock