The Technical Trader Forum - where is it headed

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally, i would like to see some direct response from grey1 on this thread.

How about it Iraj, we've heard from the monkey, how about a few words from the organ-grinder now ?

why be sad to see this?, you should stop the negitivity and be excited to see this, you have a chance to move your trading onto the next level and stop all the dreaming. Yes you have to pay, but if this means you get educated and able to use professional concepts and modules then its money well spent imo.

rath, you have always been a ignorant person who clearly's has no direction in your life let alone your trading so please use your powers and ban me please thankyou. wiil soon have its own forum for constructive converstaion.

why be sad to see this?, you should stop the negitivity and be excited to see this, you have a chance to move your trading onto the next level and stop all the dreaming. Yes you have to pay, but if this means you get educated and able to use professional concepts and modules then its money well spent imo.

That was about as convincing as a used car salesman trying to sell me one of John Prescotts old jags because the suspension was still in perfect nick!

Indicators are a step backwards, price tells the story so blatantly tick by tick that one only has to spend time studying as chart, which, despite opinion differences, is the jist of what Grey1 showed others, for free...

One shouldn't pay to have supposed 'profesional concepts and modules' they should just open their eyes and pay attention to the charts in front of them.

'tis a sad day... bring back the old times of t2w where trading knowledge was the common goal, not this.

I'm sad to see it because there are other good traders on TT who have contributed good advice in the past for free.

Now that some members are going to be profiting out of giving their advice, I can’t see to many other members contributing anything of any use (for free). I fear it will change the whole set-up and feel of TT.

belflan

rath, you have always been a ignorant person who clearly's has no direction in your life let alone your trading so please use your powers and ban me please thankyou. Wallstreettrading wiil soon have its own forum for constructive converstaion.
Why are the mods so quiet. Please do ban this person and his blatant advertising

Charlton

sorry guys - my mistake. I thought this thread was part of the private forum and left it the owner (grey). But it's not - it's in General Trading Chat so here goes:

jayjay - you need to register as a vendor straightaway and be sure you do not infringe our guidelines concerning any advertising (direct or implicit) of your services. Thanks.

jon

Well there is the rest of the forum for good contributions too I hope Bel.

;)

I'm doing some introspection here lol and trying to analyze what's bugging me about the whole thing.

It's not the indicators as such.

I have the greatest respect for wasp who trades very successfully off of price alone but i think that's a question of how people are wired.

I'm a rightbrainer so I'm visual, I guess wasp is too, even though I always have some on my screen nevertheless, not as decision makers per se but simply as tools.

Grey is a leftbrainer I'd say so more mathematical, more rules bound, for which indicators are fine as they go.

The Right Brain vs Left Brain | The Daily Telegraph

But that said I've never been in the camp that only one method works and everything else is crap for losers, nope, I'm in the camp that as long as you're net profitable that's fine even if you look at sun moon cycles, hehe.

I mean look at Market Wizards, the only theme in common there was respect for risk and cutting your losses short.

Essentially thirty years ago Marty Schwartz was doing what these guys are doing here, picking reversals off of multi time frames via indicators including moving averages for trend and stochastics etc.

Made him on average (non-compounding) 33% / month that did, far more than being proposed here.

So that isn't my problem.

My problem is marketing this as a holy grail which very clearly it's not as per my explanation of the mechanics behind Grey's trading above, or looking at Marty Schwartz who had the same approach yonks earlier as did most floor traders anyway, who were largely always faders.

And on top of that my major grievance I suppose is that Grey was someone who always shared freely, not saying he had the grail but he did have lots of very interesting things to share like many of us here.

But then what started out as a friendly chat hey presto out of the blue turned into a commercial venture.

And by a to me totally unknown third party.

JJ I wish you no harm, you've had a very tough time with your baby who almost died of coddlers death and that I can absolutely imagine is an absolute nightmare.

Maybe that is part of why you want some additional security in form of this added income stream.

And not having kids I really do not want to judge such a situation.

Maybe that is also why Grey helped you out.

But, I guess that really brings me to the heart of why I feel bugged about this:

Why didn't you guys simply say so from the start ?

Why start out saying Grey wanst to do a chat room where to be honest I go looking more for fun than anything else but thats just me.

Why didn't you just say from the outset look I'll establish a track record for several months with the objective of then starting a signal service ?

I mean there is a market out there for that so who am I to judge.

I just did not like the subterfuge which imo was entirely unwarranted.

But as I said earlier to each their own, and I do hope your little baby girl stays fine.

sorry guys - my mistake. I thought this thread was part of the private forum and left it the owner (grey). But it's not - it's in General Trading Chat so here goes:

jayjay - you need to register as a vendor straightaway and be sure you do not infringe our guidelines concerning any advertising (direct or implicit) of your services. Thanks.

jon

ps: having digested the thread more thoroughly - alright, alright I'd just returned from a 650 mile trip down to plymouth and back to help my son's move :sleep: - I think I should add:

grey1 - it would be helpful if you would comment and declare your interest or otherwise. Thanks.

mea culpa :eek:

jon

According to the website the subscription is £249 for 1 month, £25 for 1 day and £1,195 for a 3 day training course - true altruism

Charlton

Ouch, only just noticed the price tags! :eek:

I think everyone would be better subscribing to the new EA FAPTURBO- the latest in automated trading technology. Turn $200 into $2 million in no time. And it only costs $149

ps: having digested the thread more thoroughly - alright, alright I'd just returned from a 650 mile trip down to plymouth and back to help my son's move :sleep: - I think I should add:

grey1 - it would be helpful if you would comment and declare your interest or otherwise. Thanks.

mea culpa :eek:

jon

Even if the person/s mentioned, declare their commercial interest and register accordingly; should the t2w facilitate private forum that, now clearly a commercial enterprise?

Even if the person/s mentioned, declare their commercial interest and register accordingly; should the t2w facilitate private forum that, now clearly a commercial enterprise?

The simplest solution is to apply vendor tags to grey1 and co, and everyone from this point on clearly knows where they stand. Personally I dont have an issue with vendors being allocated private threads, its much more preferable than seeing them openly touting for business

Yes, it would appear that the whole tt ideal has gone commercial, although there is little in the tt forum to indicate what the position is regarding the fate of the tt forum here at t2w, looks like they will have their own forum up and running in january at their commercial site. Clarification has been asked for by barjon I believe, I see cv asked earlier questions in the tt forum with no reply from them!

I don't know so can't comment on admins position on all this. We know as much as you do as the story only broke in more detail on the main forum this morning, the mods have been deleting any mention of a commercial chat/web site both on the main boards and in tt when we find it.

I can see your concerns regarding this and we should wait for grey1's clarification on his position in all this before speculating on the fate of the tt forum. By all accounts grey1 has been very generous with his knowledge, so should be given every courtesy in waiting for an answer.

Once clarification has been given on their respective positions in all this, they will then be given the opportunity to do the right thing and apply the vendor badges if applicable. If not admin can do it.

But grey has said he isn't making a cent out of any of this...Jayjay is (which I already find a little bizzare)

Its like he's stolen grey off of us somehow so that he can make some extra $$$ through a subscription.

The only thing grey is guilty of is being so easily led away. Grey seemed happy doing everything for free. Jay somehow got in the mixer, and now its flipped a 180! Never mind. Was fun whilst it lasted...

Hi

just saw this,,

I get nothing not even a cent from calls and that is it,, I been in 10 other chatrooms for years giving my calls all free,,, JAY JAY wants to charge then his choice,,

I am also in other chat rooms which i post my trade perhaps people want to come there ,, The guy does not charge there

up to ya

If members want to open a room of their own them i will attend and post my calls for FREE

grey1

Yes, it would appear that the whole tt ideal has gone commercial, although there is little in the tt forum to indicate what the position is regarding the fate of the tt forum here at t2w, looks like they will have their own forum up and running in january at their commercial site. Clarification has been asked for by barjon I believe, I see cv asked earlier questions in the tt forum with no reply from them!

I don't know so can't comment on admins position on all this. We know as much as you do as the story only broke in more detail on the main forum this morning, the mods have been deleting any mention of a commercial chat/web site both on the main boards and in tt when we find it.

I can see your concerns regarding this and we should wait for grey1's clarification on his position in all this before speculating on the fate of the tt forum. By all accounts grey1 has been very generous with his knowledge, so should be given every courtesy in waiting for an answer.

Once clarification has been given on their respective positions in all this, they will then be given the opportunity to do the right thing and apply the vendor badges if applicable. If not admin can do it.

I have no plan of any sort to leave T2w and Technical Trader what so ever,, as simple as that ,,, TT remains my prvt forum and I will contribute there and only there

Grey1

The simplest solution is to apply vendor tags to grey1 and co, and everyone from this point on clearly knows where they stand. Personally I dont have an issue with vendors being allocated private threads, its much more preferable than seeing them openly touting for business

VENDOR gets paid and sell ,, I donot , I have my program trade making $$$$ for me as simple as that ,,, People have seen it in real time and LIVE and it make s***T loads of money as well ,, Good job people have seen the daily P/l LIVE from Program trading

Grey1

I have no plan of any sort to leave T2w and Technical Trader what so ever,, as simple as that ,,, TT remains my prvt forum and I will contribute there and only there

Grey1

Thank you for that grey1 but what of your involvement and participation in the commercial web site and the sale of your indicators and code?

jon

It only make sence for him to register as a vendor.. Nothing wrong with that ,, I wont cos i am not a vendor and never will be ..

Grey1

but your name is splashed all over a website being advertised on these forums!

What have you got to do with JayJay's venture?

Status
Not open for further replies.