The Technical Trader Forum - where is it headed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been in the TT forum but the from reading the posts here it is said that the charge for this site is to cover costs not make a profit, if so i can't imagine the costs are £300 per person per month.......
According to the website the subscription is £249 for 1 month, £25 for 1 day and £1,195 for a 3 day training course - true altruism

Charlton

Have to agree with the general opinion on this thread.

I have known Grey1 for a couple of years and been a member of TT for about the same time, and I am very disappointed with recent developments. How one person can enter the forum and so quickly undo so much of the good work that went before, is just astonishing. Feedback is asked for and then when it is received and it is perceived as negative, it is unable to be absorbed in a professional way.

I am not sure how much Grey1 is behind this venture....'truely behind this venture'. I can only guess that he has shared information, after he felt sorry for him with his trading, and it has all now got out of hand quickly. Events can take on a life of their own. 'Some' information was given freely and openly, and now it has been packaged up at an inflated price. This is very distasteful. The fact that it is openly discussed as 'not' Grey1's idea, to me, really speaks volumes, and I believe this. It is indeed very sad that Grey1's reputation could now get tarnished and he does not deserve this. I can only hope that he withdraws from supporting this shoddy enterprise.

It is important to remember that only 'some' information was shared by Grey1 and that there is no way of knowing the validity of what has been shared or known or indeed how well it has been understood and can be relayed. These are all variables with little or no track record on top.

And finally, a 'vendor' status now needs to be applied.

Frank.

If I get this right, JayJay has a long term portfolio which is in loss. For 2 months, he's been making a profit scalping, using an indicator. For £300 per month, you get the benefit of his scalping experience, but without the indicator.

Is this a fair summary?

UTB

PS - I have a pair of stained boxer shorts for sale, if anyone's interested.

Reactions: BSD
i would say what about mr charts?, newton bomb?, don't you feel grey1 is a better trader number1 and don't you feel his strategies and program trading which is included within the fee are a little more advanced concept?

What makes you think this? How do you know grey 1 is a better trader? Because of his advanced analysis, indicators, automated algorithms, position sizing?

IMO the simpler the better and I'm sure many would agree.

My 2cents

From visiting the website, this seems as commercial as it comes and it does promote it as Iraj's. Indicators for sale, courses for sale, books for sale. Oh dear! I had utmost respect for Grey teaching his methods for free and having live trading rooms and he clearly in the past made clear what he thought of vendors.

If you can't beat em join em ;)

if JJ and Grey are serious about providing "training" to people, why not do so for free and recover any "costs" through advertising revenue on their website ?

Or some sort of agreement so as payment is reflected by the % gain of the strategy every month.

£2 per 1% gain maybe...if they could postlive calls to double your account per month i'm sure most people would happily pay £200

Have to agree with the general opinion on this thread.

I have known Grey1 for a couple of years and been a member of TT for about the same time, and I am very disappointed with recent developments. How one person can enter the forum and so quickly undo so much of the good work that went before, is just astonishing. Feedback is asked for and then when it is received and it is perceived as negative, it is unable to be absorbed in a professional way.

I am not sure how much Grey1 is behind this venture....'truely behind this venture'. I can only guess that he has shared information, after he felt sorry for him with his trading, and it has all now got out of hand quickly. Events can take on a life of their own. 'Some' information was given freely and openly, and now it has been packaged up at an inflated price. This is very distasteful. The fact that it is openly discussed as 'not' Grey1's idea, to me, really speaks volumes, and I believe this. It is indeed very sad that Grey1's reputation could now get tarnished and he does not deserve this. I can only hope that he withdraws from supporting this shoddy enterprise.

It is important to remember that only 'some' information was shared by Grey1 and that there is no way of knowing the validity of what has been shared or known or indeed how well it has been understood and can be relayed. These are all variables with little or no track record on top.

And finally, a 'vendor' status now needs to be applied.

Frank.

Brilliant post.

Trouble with some people is they love a freebie and forget about people's time and energy required to run a project of this size

I think you're missing the point a bit though. Grey was doing this before you ever got involved and didn't charge anything (and never intended too)

fair enough bsd, but the indicators and all theories where programmed by a top programmer who also programs for goldman sach's so i was as honest i could be. sorry if you feel i was not honest.
Grey is behind the whole concept involved with the programming and thats all i can say. He has been working with this programmer for many years and consistantly updated them costing thousands of pounds and time.

I may have had an argument or two through the years with Grey1 but his kindness has always been admirable and it is a shame to read this.

I and many, many others have spent years and tens of thousands getting to where we are but I have helped numerous traders (on another site) as many do here without even contemplating charging.

Grey1, I'm disappointed!

fair enough bsd, but the indicators and all theories where programmed by a top programmer who also programs for goldman sach's so i was as honest i could be.

You are in a hole, and I suggest you stop digging.

And thanks for completely destroying the integrity of the few decent threads of actual value left on this forum.

JJ I can tell you for a fact that NOBODY at GS believes ANY part of the success they have or do not have has ANYTHING to do with ANY indicator.

That is nonsense reserved to those fools like Mesa's Ehler who makes a living off of selling indicators, NOT running a trading desk let alone a hedge fund.

And like everybody else GS are or were pretty volatile in their proprietary trading which is an indicator of, umm, nobody being able to predict markets, and that was also one reason they cut down on prop trading when they went public.

The reason grey makes money has ZILCH to do with any indicator, the reason he makes money in a market that has a very strong tendency to revert to mean is that he like pretty much every floor trader in ages past faded tops and bottoms, only because grey is more of a mathematical person he does what they did off of price levels via indicators.

That's it.

No secret behind any of that.

And I really would stop mentioning Goldman Sachs in this context, again, that is pure BS.

I may have had an argument or two through the years with Grey1 but his kindness has always been admirable and it is a shame to read this.

I and many, many others have spent years and tens of thousands getting to where we are but I have helped numerous traders (on another site) as many do here without even contemplating charging.

Grey1, I'm disappointed!

But grey has said he isn't making a cent out of any of this...Jayjay is (which I already find a little bizzare)

Its like he's stolen grey off of us somehow so that he can make some extra $$$ through a subscription.

The only thing grey is guilty of is being so easily led away. Grey seemed happy doing everything for free. Jay somehow got in the mixer, and now its flipped a 180! Never mind. Was fun whilst it lasted...

fair enough bsd, but the indicators and all theories where programmed by a top programmer who also programs for goldman sach's so i was as honest i could be. sorry if you feel i was not honest.

Two direct questions:

1. Will the source code for the indicator be made available ?

2. If not then will the algorithm be disclosed ?

If the answer is No and No, then I don't care who the hell the thing is written by, you have got to be barking mad to stake money on it if you don't understand what it does.

"Top Programmers" in general don't earn their living writing Tradestation code.

I am honestly amazed beyond belief to what extent people are willing to believe that somewhere some elusive holy grail exists.

Hasn't anybody got the news of the current mass implosion of of the buy side ?

George Soros believes that anything from half to two thirds of all current hedge funds are going to go under.

Vicious Cycle: The Hedge Fund Contagion

Or of the disastrous results of the sell sides last investment bank that has also now lost that status ?

Goldman Sachs loses billions in its hedge fund and own business

LOL !

All those players could invest millions on research and development and yet don't achieve better results.

Holy grails do not exist, period !

You can buy low and sell high, ie pick tops and bottoms, OR you can buy high and sell higher, ie momentum or trend trade, and that is it !!!

There is nothing else you can do.

What is the freaking big secret and mumbo-jumbo people keep investing in all that.

Grey's method doesn't get it right any more than anything else I've ever seen, the reason he has a high hit rate is NOT some magic indicator where the mere notion of it's existence is really just nonsense driven by wishful thinking already, no, the reason for his high winning percentage is because he picks tops and bottoms in a market that constantly reverts to mean, he then gives his trades quite some room to breathe initially, and then pockets 3/4 of his winners almost as soon as they turn profitable.

THAT is the success relevant element in what Grey does, and does well at that as far as I can tell.

But it is no rocket science people, let alone a holy grail.

I hope this is not the death of Technical Trader

This feels a bit like watching an old helpful friend getting pimped out for cash. Then kicked to death

(I mean Technical Trader as a BB, I'm not going to get involved slating individuals)

sad to see this

belflan

Status
Not open for further replies.