The Taylor Trading Technique

this thread is about the Taylor trading technique
... i have read his book many times.... and will continue to read it

Not sure if this an appropriate question, however, in his book Chapter 12,
Limit Day Moves, do you have an interpretation of what he meant?
Or was this chapter only applicable to the period he was trading i.e. 1940/1950s?

Sure it's very difficult to understand the original Taylor's book,
better to study it from other sources eg George Angell's books.

the original Taylor book is not difficult to understand

no other source is similar to Taylor's original book

everything else is rubbish

Hi there,
I have read the TTT book and feel curious to see if there is any one who is trading that way. I would love to adapt that technique for shorter time frame - 60mins. Any comments on that?
Thanks

I would love to adapt that technique for shorter time frame - 60mins. Any comments on that?

How will that work?

The entire Taylor technique is based on the underlying premise of an immutable 3-day cyclical manipulation of the markets (seems pretty odd, but maybe in the late 1940's when he "observed" it? Who knows?). Do you think there's now deliberate manipulation of some markets on a regular 3-hour cycle, as well? :eek:

How will that work?

The entire Taylor technique is based on the underlying premise of an immutable 3-day cyclical manipulation of the markets (seems pretty odd, but maybe in the late 1940's when he "observed" it? Who knows?). Do you think there's now deliberate manipulation of some markets on a regular 3-hour cycle, as well? :eek:

I am not sure. But the markets are fractal, so if a strategy works for one time frame /1 day/ it should be applicable to any time frame /1 h/ with some adjustments.

the markets are fractal, so if a strategy works for one time frame /1 day/ it should be applicable to any time frame /1 h/ with some adjustments.

I don't understand the reason for thinking that that would apply to a trading method whose (alleged) profitability is based solely on a theory of three-day cyclical deliberate market manipulation.

Have you actually read Taylor's original book, and if so, how do you see its underlying rationale being applicable on a 3-hourly basis? :confused: