The Outliers Talisman

Ok, even if this is an april 1st lulz thread.
Its the longterm outcome that will mean you fail, tommorow you are highly likely to succeed.
Think about that.

Yes, in terms of probability my method will fail at some point. However, inbetween now and the inevitable loss of the first 1000GBP, there are x amount of trades within x amount of time.

Yes, in terms of probability my method will fail at some point. However, inbetween now and the inevitable loss of the first 1000GBP, there are x amount of trades within x amount of time.

Well with luck the ADR of ES won't exceed 27.5 for the next 3 years...:whistling
I'm off, thats my lulz contribution for today :LOL:

It depends how many times one picks up the tops and bottoms (within 1 point) - if less than 3% it may work.

Well with luck the ADR of ES won't exceed 27.5 for the next 3 years...:whistling
I'm off, thats my lulz contribution for today :LOL:

ADR is a double edged sword. Would this actually have any impact on my chances of longterm survival? Don't forget, i can change the trade parameters if i feel that there is a need to do so.

ADR is a double edged sword. Would this actually have any impact on my chances of longterm survival? Don't forget, i can change the trade parameters if i feel that there is a need to do so.

On a daily basis probably not unless you enter at or close to the daily high or low.
There will be trades that don't close on the first day, increasing the risk of the stop being hit the next day. The profit from 27 winning trades will then be wiped out.

Changing parameters will only get you so far, sooner or later one trade will not come
back. It won't be an isolated instance either. You are obviously going to continue,
so I guess you'll find out one way or the other :)

Two orders that are already placed:

1. BUY 1412.9 (SPX CFD)
2. BUY 1416.0 (SPX CFD)

Order No.1, was filled last night (01.04.12) at 23:03 with an immediate take profit fill. Order No.2, filled today at 16:47 with and immediate TP fill.

It's nice to get immediate fills and profits, i can tell you from experience it does not always work out that way.

Trade tally: 2

Two orders that are already placed:

1. BUY 1412.9 (SPX CFD)
2. BUY 1416.0 (SPX CFD)

Order No.1, was filled last night (01.04.12) at 23:03 with an immediate take profit fill. Order No.2, filled today at 16:47 with and immediate TP fill.

It's nice to get immediate fills and profits, i can tell you from experience it does not always work out that way.

Trade tally: 2

Bravo.

There are a couple of subjects regarding this journal and method that i'd like to talk about about in the future.

1. Technicals.
2. Pros and cons of method.

One point i would like to make. You could demo this type of method for 5 years and make hundreds, if not thousands of trades, multiplying the trading account beyond your wildest dreams. None of this really matters though, because with the very first trade of the live account, it could all go wrong.

I'm drunk but quite fascinated by this. I wish the hare would spill his beans too. He knows some sh1t about random. I just wonder whether it is the same sh1t or even the same random. Who knows. Goodnight.

I'm drunk but quite fascinated by this. I wish the hare would spill his beans too. He knows some sh1t about random. I just wonder whether it is the same sh1t or even the same random. Who knows. Goodnight.

That would be great. If anyone trades, or has traded, in a similar fashion in the past, then please feel free to add comment. It would be interesting to hear other experiences, good and bad.

That would be great. If anyone trades, or has traded, in a similar fashion in the past, then please feel free to add comment. It would be interesting to hear other experiences, good and bad.

Dark

Are you also going to show us some charts?