The Next US President

I read Richard Branson's remarks about Trumpet. They met a few years ago and the only thing that Trump would discuss is the fight he was having with 5 other people !
RB says what a nasty fellow he really is. He can't even pretend to be a nice guy.

If you have made negative remarks about him you are probably on one of his hit lists. If he gets in he will have the CIA to help him out too.

What a bully.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/25/news/branson-trump-white-house/

Last edited:
As someone said in the US he is voting for the lesser evil between the candidates but with all the revelations it does make the choice difficult.

Hitler got elected and then grabbed total power for himself. Could it happen again ? Probably.

. . . Hitler got elected and then grabbed total power for himself. Could it happen again ? Probably.
Pat, are you comparing big Don to Adolf? If so, I think you're doing Mr. Hitler a disservice!

Don't get me wrong, my feelings about Hilter fall in line with everyone else's. Even so, despise him as we may, there's no denying he had some remarkable talents which, sadly, he exploited to the detriment rather than the benefit of others. Trump does have some talents, but there's no way he's going to energise the U.S. in the final run up to the election in the way Hilter energised Germany in the run up to WW2.

Even allowing for the Brexit factor, I can't see him winning, unless the FBI turn up some really incriminating evidence against Teflon Hillary. But that's unlikely, because in spite of her shortfalls - dishonesty being #1 on the list of course - her great skill is in covering her tracks and making it difficult for anyone to pin anything very concrete on her. In the unlikely event that that changes in the next week, Trump just might steal it. To sum up: the election is for Hillary to lose - rather than for Trump to win.
Tim.

Can they not wheel out the guys who were part of the triangulated crossfire ? They never got caught , don't have to kill him , just paintball him into submission...:LOL:

Pat, are you comparing big Don to Adolf? If so, I think you're doing Mr. Hitler a disservice!

Don't get me wrong, my feelings about Hilter fall in line with everyone else's. Even so, despise him as we may, there's no denying he had some remarkable talents which, sadly, he exploited to the detriment rather than the benefit of others. Trump does have some talents, but there's no way he's going to energise the U.S. in the final run up to the election in the way Hilter energised Germany in the run up to WW2.

Even allowing for the Brexit factor, I can't see him winning, unless the FBI turn up some really incriminating evidence against Teflon Hillary. But that's unlikely, because in spite of her shortfalls - dishonesty being #1 on the list of course - her great skill is in covering her tracks and making it difficult for anyone to pin anything very concrete on her. In the unlikely event that that changes in the next week, Trump just might steal it. To sum up: the election is for Hillary to lose - rather than for Trump to win.
Tim.

This card has been in the deck for a long time. They (the republicans) pulled it out at the right time....little did we know it would be 650k emails.
I was saying before that the email situation was overblown but it would only take one email linked to the Benghazi attacks that would cancel her presidency.
My god this is crazy

I really think it is high time the academics had a good look at the whole US system. It needs upgrading from an 18th century effort. As circumstances change so should systems.
1. The post of president for instance puts too much responsibility onto 1 person.
2. The run up to voting time is too long.
3.Too much depends purely on money spent and not policies

etc.

But they have to do this themselves.

I think a captive under torture (some say interrogation) has blurted out a piece of confidential information that was in her emails. So the word is she compromised US security. Oh dear!

Who is to say if this was to stop the pain, have a bit of a rest-bite to give up a piece of information or just real information? Who can depend on any information submitted by a tortured poor sole who doesn't like our freedoms and way of life.

Personally, I don't think this is half as bad as Libby and Bush blowing out V.E.Wilsons CIA cover to the media because she objected to the lie Saddam was purchasing nuclear weapon grade uranium (to justify 9/11 war on Iraq and all that nonsense). They were Republicans and so very patriotic but lets forget about that one. They made a film about it too, worth a watch called Fair Game!

Anyhow, suspect this a setup and FBI are obliged to investigate?

From my perspective, I doubt it matters much as the Clinton foundation and dynasty has enough money to last them 10 generations so it's about time she hobbled off.

I'm now a waverer and can't decide who I want. I was thinking I can't decide as they are both so so bad that my best option is simply not to vote and let those who have stronger beliefs decide.

I'm not a yank by the way and don't have the US vote, just saying thoughts like, you know what I mean Harry!

:whistling

Last edited:
I think a captive under torture (some say interrogation) has blurted out a piece of confidential information that was in her emails. So the word is she compromised US security. Oh dear!

Who is to say if this was to stop the pain, have a bit of a rest-bite to give up a piece of information or just real information? Who can depend on any information submitted by a tortured poor sole who doesn't like our freedoms and way of life.

Personally, I don't think this is half as bad as Libby and Bush blowing out V.E.Wilsons CIA cover to the media because she objected to the lie Saddam was purchasing nuclear weapon grade uranium (to justify 9/11 war on Iraq and all that nonsense). They were Republicans and so very patriotic but lets forget about that one. They made a film about it too, worth a watch called Fair Game!

Anyhow, suspect this a setup and FBI are obliged to investigate?

From my perspective, I doubt it matters much as the Clinton foundation and dynasty has enough money to last them 10 generations so it's about time she hobbled off.

I'm now a waverer and can't decide who I want. I was thinking I can't decide as they are both so so bad that my best option is simply not to vote and let those who have stronger beliefs decide.

I'm not a yank by the way and don't have the US vote, just saying thoughts like, you know what I mean Harry!

:whistling

Where are you appearing in panto this year?
Can I get some complementary tickets?

Best possible exit route from this tragic farce would be for Hillary Clinton to be elected (so I get my win from the bookie), then gets impeached and disqualified before she can take office, leading to a new election next year without Trump either. Then the US gets a decent chance of a decent president.

Best possible exit route from this tragic farce would be for Hillary Clinton to be elected (so I get my win from the bookie), then gets impeached and disqualified before she can take office, leading to a new election next year without Trump either. Then the US gets a decent chance of a decent president.
Hmm, Interesting point Tom.

Perhaps our US friends can tell us whether there are grounds for impeaching either / both of them to ensure that neither of them take office - regardless of who wins the election? I've not heard the prospect of impeachment discussed in English media, but perhaps it is on U.S. media?
Tim.

Perhaps our US friends can tell us whether there are grounds for impeaching either / both of them to ensure that neither of them take office - regardless of who wins the election? I've not heard the prospect of impeachment discussed in English media, but perhaps it is on U.S. media?
Tim.

Haven't heard anything.Right now there's not enough for the media to speculate on so close to the election date it would be foolhardy without something more concrete from the FBI / another source.

Tim.

Going to be the same story as Monica Lewinsky.

This story is going to run and run and run, on and on and on until people simply die off the planet.

Tonight I'm with Trump. He seems to be the one that'll give us better entertainment.

Not many people may know this but the Berlin wall was originally known as the Anti-Fascist Protective Wall. It stood tall for best part of 30 years. I'm going to forecast that the Mexicans will build one before Trump as US citizens try to get out once they realise what a Fry-Up he really is :idea:

So I reckon sometime in 2050 North America will be knocking it back down again and then having one big party hugging and snogging each other.

Crazy world we live in but jolly good fun :whistling

i was thinking this the other day ...........most americans seem to believe they have been presented with 2 very average and flawed options for the whitehouse ....so there should be a plan B if neither are votable enough ?

this presidential straightjacket is a very ironic situation if you think about it for the country that gave us infinite opportunies , products and choices for most of the products / services they have !

anyone else think that the democrats are holding that last nuke piece of news / scandal bck to launch now this week ?

got to be something .........my bet is another woman who will testify to Donald going further than a little banter ..............

anyone else think that the democrats are holding that last nuke piece of news / scandal bck to launch now this week ?

got to be something .........my bet is another woman who will testify to Donald going further than a little banter ..............