The Next US President

""We did it because of Barack Obama. He said all those people in the Midwest, you've got to have compassion for them because they're clinging to their guns and their Bibles. I found that quite offensive."

"We all go to church on Sunday and we all carry guns," said Muller. "I've got a gun in my pocket right now. I have a rifle in my truck. We've got to shoot the coyotes out here,"

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-missouri-gun-idUSN2249853620080523

a couple of years ago :whistling

After campaigning on a promise to clean up Washington and rid it of special interests, Donald Trump has stacked his team with the likes of former Goldman Sachs banker Steven Mnuchin and ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson.

Now, just weeks before taking office, Trump has decided to sideline his pledge to “drain the swamp,” his ally Newt Gingrich said Wednesday.

“I’m told he now just disclaims that,” Gingrich (R-Ga.) the former House speaker, told NPR’s “Morning Edition.” “He now says it was cute, but he doesn’t want to use it anymore.”

WASHINGTON ― If President-elect Donald Trump defunds Planned Parenthood, some of his supporters would be “surprised,” “frustrated,” “misdirected,” “disappointed in the democratic system,” and “pissed off as hell,” according to a series of focus groups commissioned by the family planning provider and conducted by an independent research group.

In focus groups in Arizona, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin, Trump voters reacted candidly to the news that Republicans in Congress will try to pass a bill stripping the family planning provider of $400 million in Medicaid funds as early as January, and that Trump has said he would sign it.

“The guy I voted for, I’d be disappointed if he signed it,” said one middle-aged man in Milwaukee. “He’s making sure the Congress is on his side, but he doesn’t care about all us people who voted for him.”

In video recordings of the focus groups, the Trump voters opposed to defunding the family planning provider appeared surprised that Trump had committed to signing such legislation Some of them were even more surprised to realize his running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, has led the fight against Planned Parenthood and reproductive rights for half a decade.

“I’m astounded,” said one Trump supporter in Phoenix, upon hearing about Pence’s anti-abortion record. “I guess I’ve been living in a bubble. He sounds like a tyrant.”

Duh

Have we mentioned The Environment Protection agency ?
Their new boss is a known opponent of theirs and will make doubly sure big money will trash the environment at will !!

yuk

Have we mentioned The Environment Protection agency ?
Their new boss is a known opponent of theirs and will make doubly sure big money will trash the environment at will !!

yuk

Does New Orleans matter?

In the rush to rebuild after Hurricane Katrina, Congress told the Corps of Engineers to raise the levees and floodwalls around New Orleans to protect against a 100-year storm. There was one problem: That was weaker than what Congress ordered 50 years ago.

I don't think gun ho cowboys take the weather and climate warming seriously do they?

Does New Orleans matter?

In the rush to rebuild after Hurricane Katrina, Congress told the Corps of Engineers to raise the levees and floodwalls around New Orleans to protect against a 100-year storm. There was one problem: That was weaker than what Congress ordered 50 years ago.

I don't think gun ho cowboys take the weather and climate warming seriously do they?

Have the New Orleans suburbs been rebuilt yet ?
Like California, rich and won't spend the money on much needed public works.
I wouldn't worry but our idiots copy the same philosophy, which is " put the spending off as long as possible". i.e. until it is too late and there is a flood.

They all own large tracts of land in Oklahoma, Arkansas, etc anticipating that it will all eventually be ocean-front property.

Just as a point of interest I wonder if they have thought of dredging the Mississippi and piling up the embankments with the reinforced mud ?
The Army isn't noted for it's innovation exactly.

:clap:

I'm afraid NO is done, as is Miami. But no one but those who actually live there don't want to talk about it.

I'd be interested to know, quite a few bodies in this blog said US was weak and Obama was weak.

What is their opinion on Trump's "strengthen and expand" nuclear weapons blurb?

I find it strange as there is enough material to blow the world apart several times over. How is having more going to make US stronger?

Secondly, it is common knowledge China and Russia conduct joint military exercises and that any attack on one (much like our NATO) will see retailiation by both.

I'm at a lost as to what kind of a fool can say something like this...

“must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes”.

Last edited:
It's directed toward his base, which is the sort of thing they want to hear. But it's also an indication of the level of his ignorance.

If you're old enough, remember that these people want to go back fifty years, imagining that as some sort of golden time. How long it will take to get past this is anybody's guess. How long did it take to adjust to the English industrial revolution? How long did it take to adjust to the American industrial revolution? How long did it take to adjust to the transition from horses to the internal combustion engine?

This could go on for decades more. The question is whether or not we can get through it without killing each other. If one reads Comments sections, the more likely outcome is not encouraging.

The guy is not even president yet and considering our festive season, it's very poor conduct not befitting the US.

Season of love and peace offering, celebrating good will to all men.

Great ding dong talking tosh. Not great at all. Just damn right ugly.

Someone should put a sock in his gob. Taking his twitter account away hasn't worked.

Peace through strength is what he has said. If the US does nothing other countries may surpass us.
Also Trump was responding to Putin's words about increasing military strength yet no one here or in the media makes any issues of that.

Peter

"Peace through strength" was the mantra sixty years ago, which led to nuclear proliferation. Shall we start this all over again?

I'd be interested to know, quite a few bodies in this blog said US was weak and Obama was weak.

Obama IS weak, the US has just abstained from a vote banning Israeli settlements. He has made enemies from allies and doesn't support any allies that are left.

Peter