The Next US President

Hi Atilla,
Trump has never been accountable for anything!

Son of a tycoon, he was born with a billion dollar silver spoon up his rear.

When things go wrong he blames other people and/or sues them to shut them up.

When things go right as it should do when one has so much, it's all about him and what a super hero he is. Never about the team or anyone else like the country.
I don't know that much about Trump, but I'm happy to take your word for it that your comments about him are accurate.

Are you seriously saying that this accountability, honesty and integrity is something you see in Trump?
No, absolutely not.

Tim you know I like you but with that analysis you are seriously falling off that pedestal of sense and sensibility. :whistling
I like you too Atilla! Unlike some others, you're courteous, respectful and don't resort to insults when someone posts a view that you don't share.

I suspect you've misconstrued my criticism of Mrs Clinton as support for Mr. Trump. That's not the case. I have made clear in previous posts that I don't like the man and there's no way I'd vote for him. However, as an objective observer from across the pond, I do understand why he's so popular in the U.S. and, more importantly, why Mrs. Clinton isn't trouncing him in the polls. By rights, she ought to be mopping the floor with him. That she isn't is largely - if not entirely - down to the fact that large swathes of Americans don't trust her further than they can throw her. And with good reason. The PDF I attached to my previous post is a dull document full of jargon that people outside the trading world will struggle to get their heads around. But you'll have no such trouble and, once you've digested it, I'll be extremely surprised if you post saying that 'accountability, honesty and integrity is something you see in Mrs. Clinton'. She's untrustworthy. Sadly, there's so little doubt about that, that it's not even a contentious comment to make about her. Do a Google search for 'Hillary Clinton Scandals' and it returns over 39,000 results! That's my only real point.

Hopefully, this explanation is sufficient to allow me to be re-instated on the pedestal of sense and sensibility!
:cool:
Tim.

Last edited:
There should be a health warning pinned onto blonde haired idiots. That fool Boris Johnson ( born in the US ) is another one, I see he is calling for enforcing a no fly zone over Syria. Could easily escalate to war with Russia !!

It was not Boris Johnson advocating a no fly zone but Andrew Mitchell MP (the rather gobby one, who got involved in an altercation with a couple of not over-bright policemen at the exit of Downing Street - "Bicyclegate"). This wise gentleman wants to get us into the situation where, to maintain our credibility we would be faced with having to shoot down a Russian aircraft in a combat zone where Russian surface-to-air missiles would predominate – in short, military madness. Fortunately, just like Tony Blair, we could only do this on the coat tails of the Americans and there is therefore no prospect of it happening......... though of course, if Donald wins the election anything could happen.

Boris has called on the " Stop the War" movement to demonstrate their supposedly moral intentions outside the Russian Embassy. But with a leader who supports North Korea and a movement that is politically motivated rather than morally, it ain't gonna happen. Politics and morals don't seem to mix very well do they?

Last edited:
It was not Boris Johnson advocating a no fly zone but Andrew Mitchell MP (the rather gobby one, who got involved in an altercation with a couple of not over-bright policeman at the exit of Downing Street - "Bicyclegate"). This wise gentleman wants to get us into the situation where, to maintain our credibility we would be faced with having to shoot down a Russian aircraft in a combat zone where Russian surface-to-air missiles would predominate – in short, military madness. Fortunately, just like Tony Blair, we could only do this on the coat tails of the Americans and there is therefore no prospect of it happening......... though of course, if Donald wins the election anything could happen.

Boris has called the " Stop the War" movement to demonstrate their supposedly moral intentions outside the Russian Embassy. But with a leader who supports North Korea and a movement that is politically motivated rather than morally, it ain't gonna happen. Politics and morals don't seem to mix very well do they?

Little boys can be really really fierce - when they know their Mummy is there to stop any fight before it starts.

Hi Atilla,

I don't know that much about Trump, but I'm happy to take your word for it that your comments about him are accurate.

No, absolutely not.

I like you too Atilla! Unlike some others, you're courteous, respectful and don't resort to insults when someone posts a view that you don't share.

I suspect you've misconstrued my criticism of Mrs Clinton as support for Mr. Trump. That's not the case. I have made clear in previous posts that I don't like the man and there's no way I'd vote for him. However, as an objective observer from across the pond, I do understand why he's so popular in the U.S. and, more importantly, why Mrs. Clinton isn't trouncing him in the polls. By rights, she ought to be mopping the floor with him. That she isn't is largely - if not entirely - down to the fact that large swathes of Americans don't trust her further than they can throw her. And with good reason. The PDF I attached to my previous post is a dull document full of jargon that people outside the trading world will struggle to get their heads around. But you'll have no such trouble and, once you've digested it, I'll be extremely surprised if you post saying that 'accountability, honesty and integrity is something you see in Mrs. Clinton'. She's untrustworthy. Sadly, there's so little doubt about that, that it's not even a contentious comment to make about her. Do a Google search for 'Hillary Clinton Scandals' and it returns over 39,000 results! That's my only real point.

Hopefully, this explanation is sufficient to allow me to be re-instated on the pedestal of sense and sensibility!
:cool:
Tim.

Thank Tim, although I'm not sure if I am worthy of your good words.

Anyhow, agree on this election seems to be picking lesser of the two evils.

Bill Clinton's reign was good for US as was Obama's. Continuity and consistency are better options than whaffling self indulgent egomanic words of a man who has displayed none of those virtues and given a position of power can and will only do worse.

Why would any of them change? Whilst Clinton may tone down I can only see Trump ramping up discord, in the USA and internationalliy.

His already turned on his own party. Will not be long before he turns on his family and his country. Anyone who stands in his way of his ego of what he thinks is his mind. Guy's a loony imo.

I feel sorry for people who sell their soul worshipping money to put up with a schmuck like that.

You can add Farage to that list too. It's all about the protest vote and voting for change.

What kind of change seems to be of no consequence. Scary times!!! :(

It was not Boris Johnson advocating a no fly zone but Andrew Mitchell MP (the rather gobby one, who got involved in an altercation with a couple of not over-bright policemen at the exit of Downing Street - "Bicyclegate"). This wise gentleman wants to get us into the situation where, to maintain our credibility we would be faced with having to shoot down a Russian aircraft in a combat zone where Russian surface-to-air missiles would predominate – in short, military madness. Fortunately, just like Tony Blair, we could only do this on the coat tails of the Americans and there is therefore no prospect of it happening......... though of course, if Donald wins the election anything could happen.

Boris has called on the " Stop the War" movement to demonstrate their supposedly moral intentions outside the Russian Embassy. But with a leader who supports North Korea and a movement that is politically motivated rather than morally, it ain't gonna happen. Politics and morals don't seem to mix very well do they?

This is indeed a crazy idea. Russia is building a permanent air base in Syria. Iran also said to have located air craft in Syria or promised support.

Saudies were supposed to put planes in the air but they backed down. They only buy weapons and help but never get involved in fighting anywhere unless it is to beat slaves or local poor tribes into submission.

With Russia's advance land to air missile defence system and permanent air base and special forsces that no-fly-zone idea is not flying anywhere soon.

Super powers fight proxy wars. They should not be directly engaged against each other as that would be VERY dangerous escalation. It will be ISIS harassing Russian troops and bases assuming their Western funding and support doesn't get turned off.

One other development here is that there are some rumours US was behind the coup in Turkey. The guy responsible - yet another religious cleric, for orchestrating it is in the US and will not be extradited to Turkey. So who could have guessed Turkey and Russia are now back in bed again renewing bilateral wows and doing pipe-line deals.

One other development here is that there are some rumours US was behind the coup in Turkey. The guy responsible - yet another religious cleric, for orchestrating it is in the US and will not be extradited to Turkey. So who could have guessed Turkey and Russia are now back in bed again renewing bilateral wows and doing pipe-line deals.

Very Interesting. That (failed) coup will certainly have significant ongoing effects.

Expect a pivot from donald trump debaucheries to the republican party itself within the next few weeks .
The question now isn't hillary or trump but Hillary impeachment 2017 or 2018? Considering republicans have the house....liberals will do everything in their power to get these seats

Meanwhile China and Russia are planning world domination

Atilla, no-one needs to ask what your day job is :LOL:

Full time 24 hour t2w poster-in-chief :LOL:

PS Most of your posts are pretty good imho :LOL:
Doesn't mean to say I agree with all of them !

Trump's comment about putting Hillary in jail just shows his demagogic attitudes. I know it was a flippant moment, but the US has a judicial system and Presidential candidates don't jail their opponents like tin pot dictatorships such as Russia.

That ^^^ was the 911th post in this thread, I wonder if there's any significance :eek:

rofl

however, no comparison b/w the trumper and HRC. stop blaming her for her usband's infidelity...

like blaimg YOU for War of 1812..you had nothing to do with it, and you couldn't have stopped it if you did.:eek:

Trump's comment about putting Hillary in jail just shows his demagogic attitudes. I know it was a flippant moment, but the US has a judicial system and Presidential candidates don't jail their opponents like tin pot dictatorships such as Russia.

I wouldn't characterize it as a "flippant moment" any longer:

A bitter Donald Trump on Wednesday ratcheted up his accusations about a rigged system designed to coronate Hillary Clinton, blaming a corrupt Democratic nominee, a dishonest media, a partisan debate commission, an unjust justice system and a Republican establishment that’s in on it all.

Trump also offered a glimpse into his potential administration, a reign that would jail Clinton and the law firm that helped delete emails from her private server and would include an investigation into the “phony” Justice Department investigation that ultimately cleared her of criminal wrongdoing.

But Trump signaled that such things are unlikely to happen — not because that’s not how the federal government operates — but because the political establishment is working to elect Clinton over him.

“Look, we’re in a rigged system, folks. This is a rigged, rigged system,” Trump said Wednesday during an afternoon rally in Ocala, Florida.

“After getting a subpoena to give over your emails and lots of other things, she deleted the emails. She has to go to jail,” he declared at his second rally in Lakeland, Florida, prompting supporters to chant “lock her up!” “And her law firm, which is a very big and powerful law firm, which is the one that said oh, they’ll determine what they’re giving, those representatives within that law firm that did that have to go to jail.”

The real estate mogul lamented Republicans and Democrats in Congress for not doing enough. He recommended that the next Congress pass a bill to address Clinton’s email scandal. Simply put, he added, he’s embarrassed that Congress has allowed Clinton to run for president after committing “crime at the highest level.”

“I don’t know. Do they make a deal where everybody protects each other in Washington?” Trump mused. “Maybe that’s it. I really believe it. I really believe it. I almost say, ‘Listen, we’re gonna leave you alone, but when it’s our turn you have to leave them alone.’ Do they make deals like this? This is the most heinous, the most serious thing that I’ve ever seen involving justice in the United States in the history of the United States.”

But Trump heavily focused on “this WikiLeaks stuff,” which he said “is unbelievable.” He hammered the document dumps of hacked emails from Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s personal email account at both of his campaign stops.

“It tells you the inner heart. You gotta read it, and you gotta maybe get to it because they’re not putting it out,” he said, blaming the press for not reporting on enough on the hack. “They wanna put it out, but they can’t do that because without the media and without the press, Hillary Clinton would be nothing. She’d be nothing. Zero.”

Trump repeatedly seized on the contents of some of the most potentially “election-changing” emails revealed within the thousands of documents, such as exchanges talking about Catholics and evangelicals, showing a CNN contributor and Democratic National Committee staffer giving Clinton a heads-up on questions ahead of a CNN event and communicating with DOJ amid its investigation into Clinton’s email practices to, Trump alleged, give the campaign time to produce a cover-up.

“They must be dying watching this, but, you know what, they know it’s OK because they know it’s not gonna be properly reported,” Trump said of the Clinton campaign.

Nevertheless, he used the emails to overshadow his own controversy, a damaging videotape of Trump in 2005 making incredibly crude comments about sexually assaulting women with impunity because of his celebrity. The leaked tape has sunk Trump’s poll numbers and sparked an exodus of support from more than two dozen establishment Republicans.

He didn’t accept any responsibility for his flailing campaign, though. Rather, he attacked Republicans who abandoned him after he “annihilate[d] the enemy the other day,” referring to a promising debate performance last Sunday in St. Louis.

Trump claimed the Commission on Presidential Debates slants left because a co-chair worked in Bill Clinton’s White House. The other co-chair, however, is a former Republican National Committee chairman. He blamed the commission for a faulty microphone that he maintained it knew needed to be fixed.

And he expressed frustration that his party no longer has his back, telling supporters he’s at “a massive disadvantage” because “leaders” have some type of “sinister deal” going on.

“You’d think that they’d say: ‘Great going, Don. Let’s go. Let’s beat this crook. She’s a crook. Let’s beat her. We gotta stop it,’” Trump said, stressing that House Speaker Paul Ryan specifically failed to do that. “There’s a whole deal going on there. I mean, you know, there’s a whole deal going on. We’re gonna figure it out. I always figure things out. But there’s a whole sinister deal going on.”

Gee, it's so hard to decide . . . :cool:

Electing hillary is a big mistake for this country, but the fix is in. Left wing media is all against any republican administration no matter what the consequences.
Why are voters more concerned about some of the (absurd) things he said than what hillary has actually done or not done while in office?

GO TRUMP

Electing hillary is a big mistake for this country, but the fix is in. Left wing media is all against any republican administration no matter what the consequences.
Why are voters more concerned about some of the (absurd) things he said than what hillary has actually done or not done while in office?

GO TRUMP

Because we're chiefly interested in someone who's competent to run the country.

No reasonable citizen is against a Republican administration. Just choose someone who can do the job.

Hillary has a proven record if incompetence including a lack of understanding of classified information.

GO TRUMP