The Mycroft Algoman Thread

All we need now is his previous nickname.

To be fair to Mycroft, he has taught me something extremely useful. On another thread last night he told us the DOW was going to tank. Although it has completely disobeyed him and has carried on going up, it's apparently still a win because we went out and didn't trade it. No doubt it it will come down at some point and he can claim that too as a win when it does so.

To be fair to Mycroft, he has taught me something extremely useful. On another thread last night he told us the DOW was going to tank. Although it has completely disobeyed him and has carried on going up, it's apparently still a win because we went out and didn't trade it. No doubt it it will come down at some point and he can claim that too as a win when it does so.

Yes, I tried to point out that after he said it was all down from here the DJ kept rising, but he quickly explained why that didn't count. It's a long today before the US open, apparently, so you know what to do.

MA,
Anyone can - and over the years lots of people have - come on here and claimed all kinds of impressive feats such as teaching advanced maths, writing algos and making thousands of ££££s every week. Like you, they all have inflated egos and think they're better than us mere mortals. And, also like you, they declined to take up the challenge to walk the walk rather than just talking the talk. It's a familiar pattern. As I've said before, if you want to break the mould and be taken seriously, the onus is very much on you to change the way you interact with other members - not the other way around. Until you do that, everyone will assume you're here for the lulz, which is fine so long as you confine yourself to The Foyer.
Tim.
You are still thinking like LV and in my opinion it is making a mockery of your good senses as a result.

So is that why the posts made this week clearly delineating how the market would proceed post mid-week have been removed?

When I offer good advice that makes money, you'll remove it right?

I shall walk the walk, but not in yours or anyone else's footsteps.

I will tell you again, I retail only what is sent my way, be polite, talk sense and you get all that back and more, believe I'm someone I'm not, ask dumb questions and you will be treated with contempt.

I am still amazed that you either won't or can't quash this stupidity regarding me being a sock-puppet, if you have access to this BBs control panel you can readily correct this false idea, it would be a start at the very least... if you are not competent to do it, then your BB supplier will show you how, if you feel uncomfortable I can talk you through it, this is the second time I've offered these alternatives, the last time I offered it was deleted.

I can't take you seriously all the while you fail to do such a basic thing, respect is a 2-way street, the petulant removal of posts, the blank refusal to put those labouring under a false assumption 'right' all run your own standing down this side of this screen.

The foyer is fine, the irony of the best financial advances emanating from here pleases me no end... and I fully intend to make that situation come about.

I'm cool with that.

Cheers!

Yes, I tried to point out that after he said it was all down from here the DJ kept rising, but he quickly explained why that didn't count. It's a long today before the US open, apparently, so you know what to do.

It dropped 100 points (to 15020) by 11.00pm... that is damned accurate by anyone's standards.

Still don't let your fevered imagination get in the way of the truth.

Last edited:
It dropped 100 points (to 15020) by 11.00pm...

LOL. You are an embarrassment to hard-working charlatans everywhere.

Can you explain this post to us plebs, please, Algae, particularly the part about going long and short at the same time?

I pulled out at 15049.6 I came in at 14808.7 @£10pp... tidy.

But I used have actually made much more than that...

Someone PM'ed me about something I mentioned on another thread... I mentioned that the algorithms can't cope with countervailing positions and I had taken up a countervailing position on this yesterday morning.

My gut feeling was that prior to the announcement of Janet Yellen the price would drop and so at the same time as I went long at 14808 I went short too at the same price with a different account, my guess was that the market would go down 100 points prior to the announcement and sold the short out at 14722...

Just to clarify... the DJI is 85% likely to punch through 15203.3 today and perhaps on to 15225 in that hour, it will retreat from there in the following hour.

The timing is dependent upon who speaks first on the role call of representatives returning home for the week-end, but 1pm and 2pm (our time) are faves atm.

Can you explain this post to us plebs, please, Algae, particularly the part about going long and short at the same time?

I pulled out at 15049.6 I came in at 14808.7 @£10pp... tidy.

But I used have actually made much more than that...

Someone PM'ed me about something I mentioned on another thread... I mentioned that the algorithms can't cope with countervailing positions and I had taken up a countervailing position on this yesterday morning.

My gut feeling was that prior to the announcement of Janet Yellen the price would drop and so at the same time as I went long at 14808 I went short too at the same price with a different account, my guess was that the market would go down 100 points prior to the announcement and sold the short out at 14722...

I held countervailing positions, I didn't need to stratify due to my level of confidence.

It' s really very simple.

Hey Timsk... that's £10,030 up on the week and £4500 of that in the last two days and clearly defined by time and placement... still confident I'm a trickster? :):):)

I'll learn ya!

Hey Timsk... that's £10,030 up on the week and £4500 of that in the last two days and clearly defined by time and placement... still confident I'm a trickster? :):):)

I'll learn ya!
My emphasis added

Point us specifically to where you 'clearly defined time and placement'. Un-edited posts please. If you can, I will apologise for my bad manners in thinking you a charlatan and blowhard, will feel appropriately chastened and everyone will know you are the better man.

Can't take any more of this nonsense.

MA,
So is that why the posts made this week clearly delineating how the market would proceed post mid-week have been removed?
As I have already made very clear, I am not a Moderator - and have not and will not - delete any of your posts.

When I offer good advice that makes money, you'll remove it right?.
:sleep:

I shall walk the walk, but not in yours or anyone else's footsteps.
No one is asking you to do it in anyone else's footsteps. Just show us some real trades - it's that simple.

I will tell you again, I retail only what is sent my way, be polite, talk sense and you get all that back and more, believe I'm someone I'm not, ask dumb questions and you will be treated with contempt.
Treating members with contempt is a breach of the Community Constitution. If you do it, your posts will be reported and the moderators will take appropriate action. Repeated offenses are likely to result in a ban.

I am still amazed that you either won't or can't quash this stupidity regarding me being a sock-puppet, if you have access to this BBs control panel you can readily correct this false idea, it would be a start at the very least... if you are not competent to do it, then your BB supplier will show you how, if you feel uncomfortable I can talk you through it, this is the second time I've offered these alternatives, the last time I offered it was deleted.
It's not clear what you're asking / expecting of me here, but it rather sounds as if you want me to silence your detractors by deleting posts that are critical of you. Doubtless you'd be very amused if I did that - dream on - it ain't gonna happen. There's only one way you can silence your critics, and that's by you starting to interact with them in a courteous and respectful manner. Everyone on this forum deserves your respect. Period. If you don't agree with that, then you're not welcome here and your tenure s likely to be short lived.

I can't take you seriously all the while you fail to do such a basic thing, respect is a 2-way street, the petulant removal of posts, the blank refusal to put those labouring under a false assumption 'right' all run your own standing down this side of this screen. . .
I've only ever moved your posts, so if any have been deleted, it's likely to be because they were reported to the Moderators for breaching the Community Constitution. If you're concerned about it, I suggest you take the issue up with them. They act independently of staff and, as such, I have no influence or control over their decisions. And that's the way it should be.

Now, if it's alright with you, I'd like to get back to enjoying my holiday . . .
Tim.

Treating members with contempt is a breach of the Community Constitution. If you do it, your posts will be reported and the moderators will take appropriate action. Repeated offenses are likely to result in a ban.

I will remind you that I only retail what is passed me, so if what you say is true, then before I am even considered for removal the progenitors of the original contempt need to be dealt with... Causality or Cause and Effect is dealt with quite adequately here if you need to brush up:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cause_and_effect

;)

I will remind you that I only retail what is passed me, so if what you say is true, then before I am even considered for removal the progenitors of the original contempt need to be dealt with... Causality or Cause and Effect is dealt with quite adequately here if you need to brush up:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cause_and_effect

;)

"I only retail what is passed me..." ?
"progenitors of the original contempt..."

cant u just write somefink in english using real wurds :?:

My emphasis added

Point us specifically to where you 'clearly defined time and placement'. Un-edited posts please. If you can, I will apologise for my bad manners in thinking you a charlatan and blowhard, will feel appropriately chastened and everyone will know you are the better man.

Can't take any more of this nonsense.

Did our hero forget to mention it when he went long at 11pm yesterday?

Did our hero forget to mention it when he went long at 11pm yesterday?
DJ isn't an area in which I have any experience at all, but I can pull up a chart. I don't think the prices he quoted were available at the times he said - even in retrospect he can't get it right.I'm still not sure why I'm wasting time with this joker.