The Great Global Warming Swindle

The most compelling part of TGGWS for me was when they stated -

The total CO2 pollution created by man such as cars, factories etc. (not sure if this included man itself) was less than the total CO2 created by -

1. Volcanoes
2. Animals
3. Dying vegetation
4. The sea

There may have been a couple more examples.

You may be right, but I suggest that the sources of CO2 on your list are due to natural causes and
that those caused be man are upsetting the natural balance.

Modern medicine is enabling man to live longer, too. I'm not suggesting that this process should be reversed but, certainly, we should be conscious of the planet's limitations to support us all, especially as we are consuming what there is left at an ever increasing rate and polluting the globe with what we do not need. I just read that in 1916 a person was considered old at 57.

laptop1 said:
You can watch the Channel 4 The Great Global Warming Swindle (Complete) here

I agree that it is a swindle. The whole matter is not being taken with the seriousness that it deserves.
Seen the photos of the reservoirs in Spain this year? This is a tourist industry and all you guys like a good shower after a heavy day's sweat. Someone is going to go short this summer, I think. What will happen when there is insufficient water? The tourists will find another place where there is some, in the same way that we make and drop friends as soon as their oil runs out. Business is business.

Split

Splitlink said:
I agree that it is a swindle. The whole matter is not being taken with the seriousness that it deserves.
Seen the photos of the reservoirs in Spain this year? This is a tourist industry and all you guys like a good shower after a heavy day's sweat. Someone is going to go short this summer, I think. What will happen when there is insufficient water? The tourists will find another place where there is some, in the same way that we make and drop friends as soon as their oil runs out. Business is business.

Split

I wouldnt be so quick to take this program at face value. I m in the dont know court at the minute. The problem with this program is that it was made by Michael Durkin who has a histroy of making very bad science programs, using wrong data etc.

take a look at this article. this program used graphs and data that are out of date and have since proven to be wrong. They didnt use the most up to date stuff.

Global warming Swindle program full of errors and distortions

tradewinds said:
I wouldnt be so quick to take this program at face value. I m in the dont know court at the minute. The problem with this program is that it was made by Michael Durkin who has a histroy of making very bad science programs, using wrong data etc.

take a look at this article. this program used graphs and data that are out of date and have since proven to be wrong. They didnt use the most up to date stuff.

Global warming Swindle program full of errors and distortions

Whichever side of the debate is right or wrong, exaggerated or distorted (maybe both?) is something none of us have any power to accurately determine.

In essence, what this program helped show me was the power of government and the mass media, to make us believe whatever they want us to believe through powerful propaganda.

We the general public are like a person caught in the middle of a row between two other people who are both saying to you - "Don't listen to them, they're lying, I'm telling the truth, believe me........"

It is all very confusing, and must just go over the top of many members of the publics heads.

JTrader said:
Whichever side of the debate is right or wrong, exaggerated or distorted (maybe both?) is something none of us have any power to accurately determine.

In essence, what this program helped show me was the power of government and the mass media, to make us believe whatever they want us to believe through powerful propaganda.

We the general public are like a person caught in the middle of a row between two other people who are both saying to you - "Don't listen to them, they're lying, I'm telling the truth, believe me........"

It is all very confusing, and must just go over the top of many members of the publics heads.

The Independant article says it all for me...

"The original Nasa data was very wiggly-lined and we wanted the simplest line we could find," Mr Durkin said.

If you don't find what you are looking for - make one up dude.

It's the bull sh1t syndrome.

Who knows the truth ........ ?
But when an issue is being rammed down out throats relentlessly ... all of a sudden... there is something odd going on. ... an agenda perhaps ?

This green thing gonna cost ordinary citizens .... plenty the taxes have been edging up but Uncle Gordon is bound to add to them overtly or in the fine print. The Lads have entered into a global accord.... so it's pretty much unstoppable and will take many forms..... congestion charges nationwide ? increase in number of Toll roads ........ any opportunity take a "rake off" will be considered. ...... on top of the Airline taxes..........rubbish to be collected once a blue moon... unless it's recyclable etc....

The core concepts do make sense..... but I smell a racket in play....

Split - water prices will rise significantly The Lads reckon it's way too cheap... and needs to be priced accordingly ! This was all known in advance..... to quote a legendary phrase...!

Hey.... certain places in Australia.. water can be traded on an "exchange" like oil is.
Is this coming our way anytime soon ?

Possibly preparation for a NWO takeover or an admission that oil is running out. The other explanation for this "mania" is that it reflects a very ebullient social mood like 1971-2, 1989-90 and we all know what happened to property prices don't we!

I read somewhere that Australia has a water shortage so this may explain the trading of (a scarce resource) water.

Hook Shot said:
Who knows the truth ........ ?
But when an issue is being rammed down out throats relentlessly ... all of a sudden... there is something odd going on. ... an agenda perhaps ?

This green thing gonna cost ordinary citizens .... plenty the taxes have been edging up but Uncle Gordon is bound to add to them overtly or in the fine print. The Lads have entered into a global accord.... so it's pretty much unstoppable and will take many forms..... congestion charges nationwide ? increase in number of Toll roads ........ any opportunity take a "rake off" will be considered. ...... on top of the Airline taxes..........rubbish to be collected once a blue moon... unless it's recyclable etc....

The core concepts do make sense..... but I smell a racket in play....

Split - water prices will rise significantly The Lads reckon it's way too cheap... and needs to be priced accordingly ! This was all known in advance..... to quote a legendary phrase...!

Hey.... certain places in Australia.. water can be traded on an "exchange" like oil is.
Is this coming our way anytime soon ?

hmm yeah, I like the idea of creating a water shortage for the future/s :?: :idea: no wonder those buggers dont want to invest in desalination plants to resolve the issue.... so people can drink the sea water n stuff.

Some bottled water already trades higher than petrol in the shops....... per litre.

Make people think they need it, create demand, or control the flow of the resource "corner it" to control price income flows...... now some might say, "Oi CB, thats a projection of what you want to see..."

Nope, its what I see that happens , and is happening, same behaviour patterns different commodities thats all isnt it?

Yep we've seen this video before..........
Brilliant thing this internet - you can discover all sorts of interesting stuff - these guys do things in plain view and we still miss what's going on :rolleyes:
HS

I think people should look at the facts about the accelleration of global warming.

In any change there are always losers and gainers. Nothing new there. Look at taxes for anything other than GW. Industry always aligns it self to fads and common interest - nothing new there either. Everyone is blurting out as if it's all something new that's just been let out of the bag. Smart Alex syndrome.

The conspiracy theory or the BS is the US and some others pretending there is no GW and that we are being duped into believing there is. Remember, it was US going against the rest of the globe in Kyota agreements, including all the scientific evidence of 100+ countries.

Wise up everyone. Listen to facts and scientists. Not programme makers for lots of lolly.

Sad aspect of society we live in. Literally hundreds probably thousands of scientist carry out life long delligent work on GW and never get heard.

Along comes Mr Durkin who's treatment and understanding of the science is

"The original Nasa data was very wiggly-lined and we wanted the simplest line we could find,"

and the Bull Sh1tter is now much mentioned and probably will make 10 more BS full controversial programs that catch the headlines.

So who is dishing out the money and who is making the money?

I ask myself -

1. Do governments ever lie to the people?

2. Why should i start believing the government now?

3. Are independent government funded/contracted scientists truly impartial?

4. How independent/impartial are the mainstream mass media?

I'm very suspiscious of any kind of official statistics etc. - and from the government, they're usually manipulated (operation waiting lists, unemployment figures, WOMD's etc. etc.), unless i have an accurate way of verifying them for myself.

Last edited:
I don't believe that our politicians care about GW. If they did, why are we still using diesel when we could be using vegetable oil? I was shocked when I first found out about this.

David Cameron mentioned it but wouldn't it be a better policy to reduce the fuel tax for vegetable oil rather than increase it for aviation fuel? People will still fly but they might change to vegetable oil, if there was an incentive.

http://www.ravenfamily.org/andyg/vegoil.htm

Bigbusiness said:
I don't believe that our politicians care about GW. If they did, why are we still using diesel when we could be using vegetable oil? I was shocked when I first found out about this.

David Cameron mentioned it but wouldn't it be a better policy to reduce the fuel tax for vegetable oil rather than increase it for aviation fuel? People will still fly but they might change to vegetable oil, if there was an incentive.

http://www.ravenfamily.org/andyg/vegoil.htm

Why are we not driving around in electric cars?

Ask the oil companies.....

http://www.sonyclassics.com/whokilledtheelectriccar/

Despite having sewn 20,000 acorns last fall, this is why i will not worry about controlling my CO2 emmissions etc or let it impact on my lifestyle.

I believe recycling is good though.

Last edited:
JTrader said:
Why are we not driving around in electric cars?

Ask the oil companies.....

http://www.sonyclassics.com/whokilledtheelectriccar/

Despite having sewn 20,000 acorns last fall, this is why i will not worry about controlling my CO2 emmissions etc or let it impact on my lifestyle.

I believe recycling is good though.

I always wondered the answer to question if the national speed limit is 70mph why we have cars that can drive in excess of 130mph?

Atilla said:
I always wondered the answer to question if the national speed limit is 70mph why we have cars that can drive in excess of 130mph?

Good point.

Why not have a lock out on speed at 70mph on cars, vans and MB's, similar to how lorries operate at 60 mph speed limit.

This would be safer and would burn less petrol.

But would this be good for the automotive industry - who rely on progression of technology, gimmicks etc. just like with consumer electronics - to make the next sale.

Atilla said:

for the same reason we have to have "may contain hot liquids" on coffee cups - human stupidity.

the limitation on any technical device is the human component.

trendie said:
for the same reason we have to have "may contain hot liquids" on coffee cups - human stupidity.

the limitation on any technical device is the human component.

Has everyone heard they are talking about £400 road tax on 4 wheelies... :cheesy:

Delighted with that news.

Hopefuly it will get all the mummies off the bloody pavements in front of school gates.

If I had it my way I would whack on £1K. :devilish: