The Final Holy Grail Journal Discussion Thread

Re: The final Holy Grail!

Ah OK!
You're too stupid to understand an order or a request, excuse me :LOL:

order = "Get out of my thread, Go On!"

request = "So please: No criticizes before the end of the month of May"

Lately you're been Long on orders and Short on requests.

Good luck with that.

Peter

damnit you let him off the hook, for a minute there he was riled but now he's safely back into his teenage fantasist bubble.

Medbs, as I was asking y/day and you replied that you don't see it happening, with Brown effectively resigning y/day and removing a stumbling block to the possible Lib-Lab coalition, those 2 parties now in formal talks, what if a Lib-Lab coalition is announced later today and the gbpusd sells off as is the most likely reaction? Will you still hold the 5150 area long below the last 4474 Low?

Of course anything can happen and a Con-Lib colation or even a Tory Moinority govt are also possibilities, the first of which might more likely see a rally in gbpusd ?

G/L

Do you see it as that exclusive? I kept shaking my head whilst listening to so many talking heads in the mainstream media over the weekend saying that "the markets need an answer by Monday, otherwise it Brown Monday" etc...That silly rhetoric was thankfully removed yesterday when the much much bigger issue of the Eurozone and the inevitable continuation of the great recession (we're still in) reared its head...

Do you see it as that exclusive? I kept shaking my head whilst listening to so many talking heads in the mainstream media over the weekend saying that "the markets need an answer by Monday, otherwise it Brown Monday" etc...That silly rhetoric was thankfully removed yesterday when the much much bigger issue of the Eurozone and the inevitable continuation of the great recession (we're still in) reared its head...

For this pairing, I do see the immediate short-term direction of the pairing as that exclusive yes....ie 4 poss scenarios and most likely knee-jerk (+ ?) market reactions to both

a. Con-Lib Formal coaltion-likely gbpusd rise
b. Lab-Lib Forma coaltion-likely gbpusd fall
c. Conservatiove minority govt with lib dems abstaining on queens speech and budget...more difficult to say, but more likely some gbpusd rise
d. Lib's saying no formal coaltion and will oppose above by conservative so new election....gbpusd likely sell-off

G/L

Sterling is going to sell off anyway when phase 2 of the credit crunch kicks in.

I find it preposterous how the deficit is a side issue as these preening peacocks strut around making overtures to each other, whilst solemnly declaring "we need to do what is best for the country". Of course the only objective is naked self interest. But the deficit is still there and the day of reckoning is fast approaching, it doesn't matter who is in power.

I hope that Labour does tie up with the Liberals, and are in charge when the ship finally hits the rocks. Only that way will we finally get the Conservative government we need, to sort the unholy mess out.

What I find quite puzzling is
Should labour get together with the libdems, they would have 315 odd seats, still not enough for a majority. And the tories can cause a lot of problems for the pact by simply getting together with a few independents on key issues.
Should the libdems go with the conservatives, then yes they have an outright majority,
It almost seems suicidal for the libdems to even contemplate any sort of alliance with labour, so why are they even talking to labour?

They will be taking immense pleasure from finding themselves in this position. They've gone from being the wallflower to sudden and intense courting from two directions. They SHOULD explore all options open to them ---- why on earth not? Also, don't forget the polled 6mio votes, fairly respectable, so they are well within their rights to side with whichever party they believe will bring them the PR they want (this is the only thing they care about, the economy is a very distant issue).

I do agree that if Libs join with Labour it looks simply terrible. So for that reason, I hope this is what happens, and we get a second election within six months and these cockroaches are kicked into the long grass.

Should labour get together with the libdems, they would have 315 odd seats, still not enough for a majority. And the tories can cause a lot of problems for the pact by simply getting together with a few independents on key issues.
Should the libdems go with the conservatives, then yes they have an outright majority,
It almost seems suicidal for the libdems to even contemplate any sort of alliance with labour, so why are they even talking to labour?

lab+libs = 53% of the electorate (tories 36%) add in the scottish and welsh minor parties and you get 258+57+8+3 = 326, the majority needed especially as sin fein don't turn up to vote anyway (5 seats) so there it is....a progressive alliance (so-called) that can re-centre the balance of power in the Uk, this is what is exciting about it, this could lead to abolition of monarchy and all the hangers on, directly elected police chiefs and judges, bottom uppower not top down paternal govt etc.....a real revolution, up the workers!!! Or am I just dreaming...in any event I'm on the wrong thread-lol!!

Because from a party point of view, a pact with the Tories in cutting mode would be equally suicidal. From their own point of view, the best thing would be to withdraw to the sidelines and let Cameron get on with it, if he can.

As I understand the issue of PR, there will be a public vote on it.
A big part of the population have no idea what PR is (I had to to read up on it to undestand it )
And the vast majority of our Sun reading electorate would not bother finding out what PR is.
so fearing change will vote against a PR system. The only hope for PR is through Parlimentary change

so I feel the libdems have one ace card to play and if they scew up on it they are back to little boy status amongst the big boys.
Also should they be another general election maybe the libdems would not get as votes and their bargining power will be lost.
Thanks for elaborating on the subject BBMac I wonder how many of the electorate are as ignorant of polictics as my self.

apologies for derailing the thread.

Last edited:

The coalition of losers, I love that expression. It's up there with "axis of evil".

The coalition of losers, I love that expression. It's up there with "axis of evil".

yeh and look what happened to that...they sepnt every waking moment retracting it...since Bush uttered it in the 2002 state of the union. Such a coaltion would be only be a coalition of losers under the first past the post system and when you consider that the tories only won under that system with 36% of the 65% turnout = only 23% of the electorate supporting them,.... no system is perfect, but better to be proportional and have every vote count rather than have elections decided by 20,000 or so in the middle england marginals. In Europe there are 30 of the 33 govts with coalitions...Germany being a prime eg....the scandanavian countries the other....There is nothing to fear from PR, although it will take a cultural shift in the public consciousness...(my apologies too for going off subject re this thread)

Hmm I read somewhere they are soon to have a vote in New Zealand to get rid of PR. I googled this but couldn't find a whole lot.

I read an article in the paper today about the KFC in Leicester Square - the health inspector had taken a picture of a cockroach eating a chip. Looking at it made me physically ill, but it's a similar reaction to when I see or hear Gordon Brown speaking.

The press reported that he had resigned yesterday. In fact he has done no such thing, he could be in power for many months yet.

Do we really want to get this thread back on track? Back to "I am 23/23 trades so far" etc.??

Medbs must be hoping for a Con-Lib coaltion or Con minority govt announcement to save the gbpusd long @ 5150 area entry (currently 400 in the hole again,)...the weekly screenshot below shows the Hi of y/day found at those 23./6%'s of the 7044 and 6876 highs to 4474 low moves.

G/L

rv9j7b.jpg

Tories were always clever at that kind of thing. One painfully effective one from the 1980s was "one-sided-disarmament", even though I was and remain a committed nuclear disarmer. Intellectually, such phrases don't hold much water, but emotionally, they work very well.

Cable slipping despite good data

The earlier 0830am gmt Uk release of the strongest ind and manuf production numbers in 8 years has not, so far, kept cable afloat, the political and debt problems weighing on the pairing. Medbs-you must have your fingesr crossed for that Conb-Lib coalition or possibly a conservative minority for a possible bounce up to your 5150 area entry ??

G/L

Mebds, your quiet, I thought you were making live calls, surely to god, you must have traded today, eur/usd, eur/jpn cable, plenty of opportunities, just wondering