The Final Holy Grail Journal Discussion Thread

Re: The final Holy Grail!

Does the originator of this thread know what a margin call is?

Its very easy to say, yes the position will come back eventually,but this is not true in the real world of trading, because of nasty little things lik margin call.
This buffon could not run a demo account let alone a real one.
This is a very good example in how not to trade!

Does the originator of this thread know what a margin call is?

Its very easy to say, yes the position will come back eventually,but this is not true in the real world of trading, because of nasty little things lik margin call.
This buffon could not run a demo account let alone a real one.
This is a very good example in how not to trade!

Gamma, you're right, and actually, eventually a position may never come back to the original entry.....see part of my earlier comment:

"....if on July 15, 2008 mr Medbs then had executed his famous high risk super 100% long, with no stop as usual, and it was his unlucky 1% momennt, and he bought eurodollar at 1,5882, he was still waiting in vain to see his Super 100% System recover the 3170 pips that went against him...."

Why don't you just explain your Stratergy Medbs. You've said yourself "it's an ego thing" so if the stratergy is as excellent as you claim or even decent or workable you'll get even more applaudits. You'll only ever get abuse for jumping on here, giving a few trades, highlighting the small winners but ignoring the large losers. I and many like me will give credit where it's due, call it "the medbs system", who knows you may become a "forex net legend" instead of your current status as a "14yr old schoolboy fraud". Anyway only my thoughts.

Gamma, you're right, and actually, eventually a position may never come back to the original entry.....see part of my earlier comment:

"....if on July 15, 2008 mr Medbs then had executed his famous high risk super 100% long, with no stop as usual, and it was his unlucky 1% momennt, and he bought eurodollar at 1,5882, he was still waiting in vain to see his Super 100% System recover the 3170 pips that went against him...."

Theres no guarantee his positions will comeback. Look at EURUSD over the last 30 years. It doesnt have to come back thats why its stupid. Plus he doesnt realise that all this time wasted looking for it to come back, he could be making money taking on other positions. Like i said before, we have a client who does this, takes 100 ticks at a time and he has about 10 positions still all massively offside and potentially will never come back.

Theres no guarantee his positions will comeback. Look at EURUSD over the last 30 years. It doesnt have to come back thats why its stupid. Plus he doesnt realise that all this time wasted looking for it to come back, he could be making money taking on other positions. Like i said before, we have a client who does this, takes 100 ticks at a time and he has about 10 positions still all massively offside and potentially will never come back.

Your point is quite correct but I'm not sure the EURUSD over the last 30 years is the best example given the fact it didn't exist. Not even Meds could have taken that trade.

Can I suggest people just stop responding to this thread and giving it attention it dosnt deserve.

That's really a great idea.

The only thing this thread is really good for is padding your post count.:cheesy:

Your point is quite correct but I'm not sure the EURUSD over the last 30 years is the best example given the fact it didn't exist. Not even Meds could have taken that trade.

Yea you're right it wasnt tradable but there is a euro dollar price for the last 30 years made up of a basket of european prices that gives you a good indication of where the price would have been. If you have reuters it shows this.

Yea you're right it wasnt tradable but there is a euro dollar price for the last 30 years made up of a basket of european prices that gives you a good indication of where the price would have been. If you have reuters it shows this.

Youre point is spot on though, another example is GBPUSD, if you went long on 9th November 2007 at 2.10ish youd still be in drawdown.

well, i did not have to go back 30 years...i was talking 15 july 2008.....3600 pips+ negative and still waiting for the turn.....

well, i did not have to go back 30 years...i was talking 15 july 2008.....3600 pips+ negative and still waiting for the turn.....

Yea. Sorry wasnt going against your post, just reinforcing what you said.

He's just some 15 year old boy tapping away on his Mum's netbook, alternating between fake stories on t2w and his Facebook page.

All in all this has been one of the most educational threads on T2W.
It should be listed in the must read journal of anyone new to trading.