The end of the EU

The last time Europe had some unity was under Chalemagne and then it split up.

Why not have a trading area and independent countries ? They were all doing ok before this unity nonsense.

If the small fry need help it won't be for free. They will be selling out on their Sovereignty. I can't see the Germans just giving away their hard earned money for ever. So how will they enforce debt repayment ? Do I hear the sound of marching jackboots yet again ? Don't hide your heads in the sand politicians - it could happen again !!

It could happen because the veterans of WWII are, mostly dead, now. The younger people don't remember it and can, always, be fanned up by the politicians.

On another thread I said that the human is the only species that will trip over the same stone twice. We are auto-destructive and doomed to wipe ourselves out in the end.

First, though, let's get this measly trillion debt problem sorted out! :D I'd like to get my affairs sorted out before I go.

Not quite true. It is true that we follow, but both Blair and Cameron seemed to have relished the opportunity to go to war. Blair in particular seemed to consider a month wasted if he hadn't embroiled us in a new and disastrous foreign adventure.

He laughed all the way to the bank and is reputed to be worth 100 million now. Barely shed a tear over the dead and orphans but that's politicians ! More bubbly Tony ?
The new consignment from George should be here by now.

Am I reading this wrong?

Greece Will Form National Unity Government to Secure EU Emergency Payment - Bloomberg

First the referendum is called - as to whether to accept emergency funding terms or not?
Seconds later it is cancelled because if the vote is NO their is no alternative!
Third act - a coalition government is formed to secure EU emergency payment...

I fail to see what has been gained and what has been lost other than Georges head on a plateu

Like a bad chess move - not well thought out all. I find it hard to believe Papandreou can not think two moves ahead.

PS. What has been suggested is that having obtained the 50bn debt write off, by unilaterally proposing a referendum - Papandrou was angling for for even more, thinking the French and Germans were over a barrel.

Alternatively, he merely forgot to mention this small detail - during the 10 day negotiations with his paymasters. Understable really under current strain and stress of events.

Last edited:
Let's hope Sleazebag-oni gets the sack. He gives Italy a bad name. What does that guy do for work when he's not busy screwing etc.

:innocent:

Let's hope Sleazebag-oni gets the sack. He gives Italy a bad name. What does that guy do for work when he's not busy screwing etc.

:innocent:

Not much.

However, he doesn't do much screwing at all as he has trouble getting it up, hence the proffesional help he needs... :cheesy:

You shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers... ;)

Italy Bond Attack Breaches Euro Defenses, Contagion Worsens - Bloomberg

What were the leaders of the Euro expecting?

To be honest if you got all the clever cloggs in Europe into a brewery - could they arrange a ****-up?

inF_ijGbL.LA.jpg

Comon everybody let's have a huddle and group hug.

I'm really on the edge to wishing a total melt down of the whole system just to see what comes out the other end. Only obstacle to that wreckless thought is the suffering that will ensue to millions of people if not billions as the impact will undoubtedly be global.

How can government debt be so large? £1.2 trillion for a major country like Italy (8th largest). As for Spain they still have daft valuations in their books and they are just around the corner.

There is no cure to printing lots of Euros to provice liquidity into the system otherwise they and us we are well and trully stuffed.

Ofcourse - inflation is just about the only cure after taxation. The rest is all a lot of bollox...

Did someone suggest a Eurobond once upon a time?

Can't see what the arguements againts this was but it would have been a nice cover up to remove the focus on weaker countries.

I reckon we need to sack the lot of these tosspots and bring in some fresh ideas.

Meltdown imminent. Incoming metorite into Brussels. Turn off all fans and take cover :cheesy:

Atilla;1718730 I reckon we need to sack the lot of these tosspots and bring in some fresh ideas. :[/QUOTE said:
Think you are being too kind
Let's have a show trial of the EU makers like Jaques Delors, Prodi, Trichet etc.
and shoot the guilty, so the next lot should do a much better job !! I mean what's the punishment for losing Trillions of Euros and wrecking a whole continent's finances ?

:cry:

Last edited:
Think you are being too kind
Let's have a show trial of the EU makers like Jaques Delors, Prodi, Trichet etc.
and shoot the guilty, so the next lot should do a much better job !!

:cry:

If we ask nicely by saying please do you think they'd go quietly.

Papandreou and now Berlusconi reluctantly relinquish power as if they have been leaders worth dying for. Crem la de crem...
_56597303_56596898.jpg

Merkel and Sarkozy another pair of nits. What with the Arab spring I reckon Europe needs a jolly good clean out.

Cusp of a new era n all that... Start of an amazing new millenium.

We live in hope :)

I'd like to get my affairs sorted out before I go.

I sure could help you with that problem. I was thinking of telling you all my good points, but nah it would take too long and you might have fallen off your twig before you got to the end.

:)

I did tell him that markets would end up dictating policy !
I did tell him that govt would become increasingly irrelevant !
I did tell him.......oh whats the point :LOL:

It's a full moon CV and you are coming out to play... That time of the month eh?

Big bad wolf that you are...

Good day in the markets I hope :)
werewolf_of_london_portrait_b1.jpg

:LOL: Stronzo Coglioni :LOL:

Normally you supply four dribble posts and now we are down to three.

You losing your touch dude - the attention seeker with no parents.

Only attention you get - the sad hopeless social reject that you are is by hurling abuse. Perhaps your parents were right to abandon you ;)

Your wish granted, you get to join my ignore list again.

Enjoy all that you do... (y)

The present financial crisis makes me wonder if democracy, invented in Greece, is not long overdue for an update. I think the markets are trying to tell the Greeks something. But can they respond ?
Shouldn't someone tell them their big idea of 2,500 years ago has had it's " use by date".

Yes, but it was limited to the chosen few and you would hardly recognise as democracy as we know it today. Besides, the Greeks never really had democracy - rule under the Ottomans follwed by monarch, civil war after the war and then they had a bunch of colonels ......

Anyway, you have to ask why did the EU bother .....this graph tells the story: FT Alphaville » Eurozone, why did we bother

Bests

Mayfly

Hey great news and lightening reactions to the fore -

Mervyn King has woken up to the fact there is a problem with the Eurocrap - zone. Pity the ole boy didn't speak up years ago !!

Sarkozy and Merkel should start grasping the facts soon - I hope !!