The Direction of Today's Footsie...

You could be right, Andy, but my trend is down. I think I'll go shopping and see if this has settled by the time I get back.Have an idea that we are entering the crazy period where "All Men of Good will" have a go.

Split

You could be right, Andy, but my trend is down. I think I'll go shopping and see if this has settled by the time I get back.Have an idea that we are entering the crazy period where "All Men of Good will" have a go.

Split

Morning Split

I agree with you Split:confused: but I am sticking with Long and the side of the swing trend

Intra day time frames down, all under most ma"s/ema"s etc I just smell value on the higher time frame and I am prepared to put my paper money on it intra day :eek:

Index at point of no return IMO = rally a bit at least or fold and test 5800 ish

So based on what I have posted on other occasions we are closest to being wrong=

I might be right BIG

Paper big that is :cry:

Andy

3 mins ticking up, looking for test on top of open hr range, if weak gone if none Im in the s..t

9:08

09:40

arrrrrrrrrrr in the Sh...t again

Have to go to work in a momento, nothing resolved for or against, should trade out at -15 and take my loss, and certainly would if real trade, just looked and can"t any more:cry:

Hard stop was at 82 and I have moved it back under the open hours range to 47 :eek: :eek:

I chased market in 1st thing, original stop in a p...s poor place IMO so 47 it is and thats +10 over my max comfort level and +35 over my very comfortable level :cry:

Andy

Last edited:
Late for work again

That was an excellent example of how to run a loss :eek: and how not to trade your opinion

I am looking for swing entry(see previous posts) not intra day but I usually do a lot better than 60 pt Stop Loss order in the market:eek:

That could have been -60 very very very easy, plenty better Long oportunities out there than my 307 chase the market trade, I do use the open hour and am pretty used to reading bars but

You only have to be wrong a couple of times and you end up chasing your own tail for a week or two and thats not FUN I assure you.

Hope Split was not watching, could be buzy down the shops, so might get away with it

Any way trade in the money, see how it re-acts to top of open hour range then make my mind up.

Scrabbled eggs very nice

Index sat ontop of open hrs range @ R1 yest days high @ 344

R2 @ 372

Not moved Stop in yet, see if 11 hr high goes and any up move

Pain in the trade

This is the pain with trading IMO and working some place else at the same time

We are sat on open hours range, not broke yest high :devilish: :arrowr: :arrowd: :arrowu: all possibles, news out later :devilish: :idea:

If I move Stop in it will get tripped for sure, you don"t want to come home to a loser when you have been +20 pts up, I don"t anyway, might suit others defo not me

Have a jaguarrrrrrrrrrrrrr to repair and I am stuck at the pc, have to get more mobile, need one of them bluberry thingies

Andy

11:30 off to repair a jaguarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Stop in to 310 +3 for costs BE, its inside the open hours range under a little gathering of 3 min bars, and after this mornings performance I should be very happy to get out alive and still have a reasonable chance of getting a paper indian behind enemy lines before Crimbo.

Index just backed of yest high and no more watch time available so using the Split method

Stop in going out and hope for the best

Trade well all

Andy

Stop in to 310 +3 for costs BE, its inside the open hours range under a little gathering of 3 min bars, and after this mornings performance I should be very happy to get out alive and still have a reasonable chance of getting a paper indian behind enemy lines before Crimbo.

Index just backed of yest high and no more watch time available so using the Split method

Trade well all

:eek:

Just got in. Looks like my down trend theory has taken a beating today. :eek: Wouldn't you say that we are waiting for the Dow, now?

Not trading today, either, because the best appears to have gone for me :cry:

Yesterday, by the way, I didn't trade but said that I would have shorted. My stop was too close and I would have been out within minutes. These close stops must be taken with the idea of repeating in the same direction, until you get it right. If you have a close stop, get stopped and just walk away, that is no good IMO. You might as well put a farther away one on and leave it - So don't, anyone, do close stops unless you have a firm opinion of where the market is going to go and intend keeping at it until it goes right. I say this because I post quite a bit but I have a hell of a lot to learn and don't want to give any false impressions.

We're all in it, together, fellers.

Split

Afternoon Split Good Call/ a day of two halfs

Trade well all

:eek:

Just got in. Looks like my down trend theory has taken a beating today. :eek: Wouldn't you say that we are waiting for the Dow, now?

Not trading today, either, because the best appears to have gone for me :cry:

Yesterday, by the way, I didn't trade but said that I would have shorted. My stop was too close and I would have been out within minutes. These close stops must be taken with the idea of repeating in the same direction, until you get it right. If you have a close stop, get stopped and just walk away, that is no good IMO. You might as well put a farther away one on and leave it - So don't, anyone, do close stops unless you have a firm opinion of where the market is going to go and intend keeping at it until it goes right. I say this because I post quite a bit but I have a hell of a lot to learn and don't want to give any false impressions.

We're all in it, together, fellers.

Split

Hi Split

No Good call Split,

I Agree with all above I am not going any where near the stops subject at all, or even the live trades post subject I am just not interested.

That is up to the individual trader and no one else IMO

I am posting for FUN and my benefit, they are as close to live as I can post and are paper trades (getting used to new platform) and well a bit boring paper trading again so having fun.

I would not like anyone to follow this thread and in any way think this is how to trade. I would not trade real money this close to Christmas anyway.

Just look what happened on the Dow thread, taken weeks to sort its self out :eek:

Anyway ~

I Got Stopped out for +3, after the Dow opened by the look of it = better than I deserved today I think, a lot better :eek: could just as easy kicked on up to IMO.

I trade intra day mornings mainly which as resulted in very Ok gains since last oct 06

Method intra day 4hr 1 hr 15 min time frame, I watch 3 mins and use Splits trend lines once in on the 3 mins Time frame

Day High Low Week High Low and normal Pivots, the days pivot is replaced with the open hour range and that then becomes my Pivot. I use a couple of ma"s and trade off the above locations, if I get the right side on a monday, consider a hold if well in the money otherwise gone.

I don"t like trades overnight (My weakness as far as I am concerned) I do on occasion on what swing traders refer to as 1st cont of trend like to try and get in for next to nothing intra day, some times it works sometimes not, this time obviously not and I did risk 60 pts this time, which for me is double + 10 of what I usually risk intra day trading :devilish: so achieved absolutely nothing.

Upon reflection = emotional trading crept in even when only paper trade at stake:eek: = Reason Posted trade and did not like to fold for -15 after a rash entry 1st thing this morning, let it run bad and left with no other choice but to put the stop where I would give myself at least a chance of getting out un-scathed under the open hour range @ S1= a usual location for my stop = just not 60 away from where I am :eek::cry:

on a brighter note :D

risk given my intended target which I have achieved in the past from this kind of entry was not that far outside my plan given only 1 on.

Index at what I regard as a potencial turning point, if not would have churned my account over the last few days in the usual way +15 to + 30 pts -12 -25 +25 etc and straight in the bank or straight out of the market at the 1st wiff of any trouble in the 3/15 min time frame.

EOD DAMAGE REPORT

did ok considering +3 less Com :LOL::LOL:

Good trading all, Hope you found a good one Split

Andy

Last edited:
Ftse Direction = unknown

Morning Split

I agree with you Split:confused: but I am sticking with Long and the side of the swing trend

Intra day time frames down, all under most ma"s/ema"s etc I just smell value on the higher time frame and I am prepared to put my paper money on it intra day :eek:

Index at point of no return IMO = rally a bit at least or fold and test 5800 ish

So based on what I have posted on other occasions we are closest to being wrong=

I might be right BIG

Paper big that is :cry:

Andy

Hi Split

no one else posting so I will talk to you Split

Above post covers trend

Still with Swing trend, Dow done OK, both at Pivots tomorrow with SB"s

Andy will trade correct and observe his own rules and will not trade like an a..se hole having a fun day out at blackpool just because he is paper trading and Chrismas is getting near. :|

Andy

FTSE Direction

Hi guys,

Like the idea of the thread, but I won't be putting my thoughts down because I don't have any.

I try and start at 8am with a blank sheet. No ideas, no thoughts and trade what the market throws at me. Contra trend or with the trend, because I don't get too involved in yesterdays charts I have no idea what the larger trend maybe. Some may think this is suicide, I actually find it works quite well this means that I am totally unbiased in terms of direction so will trade a move should it meet the criteria of my setup.

Good trading

Mark

Hi guys,

Like the idea of the thread, but I won't be putting my thoughts down because I don't have any.

I try and start at 8am with a blank sheet. No ideas, no thoughts and trade what the market throws at me. Contra trend or with the trend, because I don't get too involved in yesterdays charts I have no idea what the larger trend maybe. Some may think this is suicide, I actually find it works quite well this means that I am totally unbiased in terms of direction so will trade a move should it meet the criteria of my setup.

Good trading

Mark

Hi Mark,

Starting with a blank sheet is a good way of expressing it. That's what I do unless I carry over night, which is not often. Even now, I have no clear idea of what I shall do after the opening.

Have a good day.

Split

Morning Split Mark

Hi Mark,

Starting with a blank sheet is a good way of expressing it. That's what I do unless I carry over night, which is not often. Even now, I have no clear idea of what I shall do after the opening.

Have a good day.

Split

Morning Split and Mark

I agree :confused:

Always agreeing me :rolleyes:must just be a yes man I guess

Good advice follow it

What are you up to Split :?:

I no mark can"t post to busy watching for a signal :-0

Checked something last night, don"t check many things these days but Paul from tips thread brought something up or inadvertantly brought something up perhaps, it regards the dreaded Stops debate :devilish: so I am going to think regards answer but

I am after checking back last night for some considerable time a bad lad = :eek::-0

It turns out that I move my stop about all the F..ckin time, I see it as a tool I guess, I no where to take a loss my last years trading says I do, my last 6 months trading really says I do, :confused: I think what I am doing is moveing my stop with what I see at the moment in the watched time frames in mind :?:

Its a Question to anyone really = because I dont no why I do it, one reason for sure is I like to trade out on my own only after price accepted or I think it as been accepted at an area, I do not see the point if a stop area you set reached in taking the loss if at that area price looks likely to reverse and offer a better exit :confused: thinking aloud anyway anybody any ideas or am I a bad lad

just traded out of that long = stuck in range=not interested @ +1 covered costs

Andy

Last edited:
Flat in the range

Ftse still in open hour range

tested quick below but both time rejected pretty quick, still see it as up/long

flat and staying flat its to scratchy for me

Mark hows the readings on yours going, I am guessing your a watcher today, 1 short perhaps :?:

Splits quiet = hes up to something

Split post at the same time :) Lag arrrrrrrrr

Andy

Last edited:
All gone to sleep and I don"t blame them, my dogs flat out next to me waiting for walkies.

Glanced at yest day chart, quite a large green vol bar compared to the others / index spooked after Wall St open again

Any thoughts anyone ?

Andy

All gone to sleep and I don"t blame them, my dogs flat out next to me waiting for walkies.

Glanced at yest day chart, quite a large green vol bar compared to the others / index spooked after Wall St open again

Any thoughts anyone ?

Andy

No news due today. Consolidating recent falls.
Wait for ducks to line up, which they may not, meanwhile do nothing unless you can scalp (scalping is not for spreadbetters).

Glenn

Am experimenting with a VERY cheap go on SP. I like VERY cheap trades, rather than paper ones when experimenting.

My trend line is still down and I took an earlier trade on FT that gave me ten. To be honest, I'm here, all alone, because I don't like shopping much and I did some yesterday. I don't, even, have dogs to take for walks.

I like SP, as you know. If I can get a few points profit with out of hours trading I will leave it on while at work. That way, there can, sometimes, be pleasant surprises when I get home. Otherwise I get stopped out with no loss.

The experiment is, was that the day's low at 1020? Dunno, if we don't try ;)

Split