What is the average age of a consistent trader?

I think that one thing that is relevant to trading is maturity, rather than age. If you are impulsive and immature, regardless of age, trading may be difficult for you.

I think that one thing that is relevant to trading is maturity, rather than age. If you are impulsive and immature, regardless of age, trading may be difficult for you.
I definitely agree for you, the age doesn't reveal much, it's more the understanding of the probabilities in trading, and as you say, the maturity that makes the consistent trader. Someone who's been 20 years in trading but only repeating the same mistakes without working on them, will stay an inconsistent trader, no matter what.

I have been studying a research paper. It was written in the paper that most of the young people of the current age are interested in trading on the Forex and crypto trading. But, old age and experienced traders are making consistent profits. Young traders are failing due to the lack of hard-working nature!

Actually, old codgers like me are scathing about young people because in many cases we just don't know any young people. I mean any. Parents of young people and young people themselves often just don't get this.

I remember being asked by my boss once about doing some training for teenagers on apprenticeship schemes and I had to tell him I knew nothing of how to relate to teenagers as I hadn't spoken to one since I was a teenager myself. As I was then 55-plus and had never had children I asked him when he thought I had ever had good reason to talk with 18-year old girls. And what he thought would be my reason for talking with an 18-year old boy? He was lost for words. But its true. And I still haven't had any good reasons to talk with 18-year olds.

It's a very subjective question as you may have younger people who can control their emotions better than older people and also who have a better understanding within the economic conditions because they've studied economics but on the other hand you have much older people who have been trading for donkeys years and dedicate their lives to this so therefor they have the time to research about the economy and also have a better understanding on technical analysis. In regards to a 14 year old becoming successful is never impossible but unlikely because as you said the maturity is nowhere near substantial enough. But the conclusion for this discussion for me is that the younger you start the better of course with more experience you'll gain a lot of knowledge, but trading is all about YOU and THE COMPUTER no one else. Some people learn quicker than others, WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT. It doesn't take a genius to learn about the economy if you put in the time to study it.
Yes true. Average age of a consistent trader is something that you will never know as it purely depends on sheer handwork.

indeed, most of my eureka moments have come from sheer handwork
You're obviously a very handy guy :) ......and replacing the hard work is something we can all admire.

Meanwhile: imo the OP's original question is still valid and remains unanswered. The 10k hours is no more than a red herring as all sorts of disciplines take far fewer hours to achieve competency (e.g learning a language) and also the idea that age is irrelevant seems naïve if nowt else. The adage regarding those taking to the air is entirely apt when it comes to trading "There are Old pilots, and there are Bold pilots...but there are no Old Bold pilots." There might not be causality but there is definitely correlation.