The Delta Phenomenon

chris_ri

Hello,

I'm looking for a copy of the Welles Wilder book "The Delta Phenomenon".

Regards,

Chris

I wouldn't bother it rubbish - sorry. You barking up the wrong tree if you want to be successful. It is a type of method that says you can predict the market. Accept that you can't and you will be a far better trader.

jimbo57 said:
Looks like the city index(?) tart has just become a tart pure and simple, or am I too harsh?

I think he still works for City Index. He seems like a nice enough person to me. Can't blame him for making money doing other things as well as trading. I am not a big fan of any market analyst, as they often seem to be saying that the markets will go up, down or sideways. Can't be bad getting paid to do that though :)

chris_ri said:
Hello,

Regards,

Chris

Save your money its total rubbish. You've got more money winning the Lotto without buying a ticket than using the Delta Phenomenon to make money out of the Markets.

chris_ri said:
Your local library will be able to get a copy for you.

I recommend you do this. Then decide for yourself if you feel it is worthwhile purchasing.

dojistar said:
Save your money its total rubbish. You've got more money winning the Lotto without buying a ticket than using the Delta Phenomenon to make money out of the Markets.

Sounds like you have had a bad experience with it dojistar.

Would you care to enlighten us about how you came by your opinion?

G-Man

Bigbusiness said:
I think he still works for City Index. He seems like a nice enough person to me. Can't blame him for making money doing other things as well as trading. I am not a big fan of any market analyst, as they often seem to be saying that the markets will go up, down or sideways. Can't be bad getting paid to do that though :)

True enough! I don't know him personally though so can't really comment on the 'nice enough person' comment.

G-Man said:
Sounds like you have had a bad experience with it dojistar.

Would you care to enlighten us about how you came by your opinion?

G-Man

Hi G-Man,I didnt have a bad experience with it as I managed to borrow it from a Trader I know.I was very disappointed with it as Welles Wilder other book had some good ideas in it for a beginning Trader.The delta phenomenon consists of paying a large chunk of money to join the delta society and then you will learn the delta secrets,enough said I think.I dont post much on T2W but had to post on this subject as it might save a T2W member wasting there hard earnt cash on a rubbish book.

something can be taken from any book
what you can take from this book is that there is a cycle of 3-4 days that exists

how you take advantage of it is another matter

Theres no real hidden order in The Delta Phenonmenon that much I can assured you. The only way you're going find a hidden order in the market is an ancient technique that goes back to the sages. Unless you have heard of the Hexagon Growth of the Dow, than there is no way you can have a hidden order. The geometrical laws are laid down in the Flower of Life of which explains all the support and resistanance points upon SQUARES and TRIANGLES. The only problem is you have to know the vibrations behind the background of these geometrical points. Knowing which Squares and Triangles to take, but it can be a really important trading tool to use. The Delta Phenonmenon is probably not logical, and is more than just a vague story going back from the 70's.

Squares and Triangles are soooooo pre-Mayan.

I use the Rhombus of Osiris to trade these days.

I had the book, sold it.

Mr Wilder would interpret the signals in a newsletter continuously adjusting the predictions.

It is a FANTASTIC system with hindsight. But to predict the future based on what Mr Sloman(the discoverer) saw is pretty much impossible. But that is only my opinion.

I have the solution for many markets somewhere in my apartment.

If I remember correctly there were 5 time frame(not sure it was the name used) and for every time frame a different solution for each market.

Once again it is not because it did not work for me that it does not work. But I am highly skeptical...

Thats ok I am introducing something new that will be highly accurate base on forecasting. When I say vague is because it seems a lot of people believe in some magic formula. After I have study the markets for a long time I found out that the most accurate method is by the planets vibrations. Its that simple problem is no one astrologer knows a method base on vibrations and they're only guessing at objects at best. The best person is still William Delbert Gann who live before the even the age of the calculator. He concealed his secrets for why would he reveal them in full if he did what he did in 1909? But the interviewer was Richard Wycoff and he did this interview for his own Digest Publication...

Regarding Gann I read an interesting story.
He basically spent his own life trying to duplicate something he was getting from a close friend.

Last edited:
Regarding Gann I read an interesting story.
He basically spent his own life trying to duplicate something he was getting from a close friend. Do you want to know more?

In regarding to W.D Gann I know his own personal vibration as who is when he came into this life. I know what he is capable of, and I do believe he was an excellent forecaster. Due to the early scientific innovations in those days the radio was discover by Marconi in 1908. In that same exact year W.D Gann discover the law of vibration as he liken to term it. Gann had a knack for studying things like scientist do whereas most us study things like trading. Believe me there is a far difference why he accomplished a feat equal to invention of any piece of technology.

if you look on the net you'll see that the Touro family is a very rich family with money invested in many many fields.

Gann met Touro(sorry don't remember first name) and they became very very close.
Touro decided to share a family secret.
We'll call it the enigma machine.
It was a calculator using previous date/time/price level to forecast future price level for a specific date at a specific time. Touro started to share the forecast with Gann so he could make money too.
Only two conditions, keep quiet and don't bet too big so that when you win nobody will notice.
At first Gann respected the rules but it became more and more difficult to keep quite and bet low.
People were starting to notice Gann could not make a bad trade... Only winners.
So one day he blew it. Told everybody wheat would reach a specific level at a specific time even if wheat was way below target and there was not much time left for the forecast to unfold. in the last few minutes, prices skyrocketed upward to reach the predicted price level just before the close.
From that day on, Touro never gave another forecast from the enigma machine and Gann spent the rest of his life trying to duplicate without success what he was given for free by Mr Touro.

As well if you check you'll find stories about Gann dying rich and dying poor.
Hard to find the truth but we know the wife sold his stuff for pretty much nothing cause she thought it was all it was worth. And his son said his father made most of his money through all the speeches and books he sold(because of the fantastic last forecast Touro gave him), rarely made money trading. Also, the man died broke.

The Touro family was very active in the cotton market and we're told they made millions.

the whole truth or a buch of lies?
We'll never know for sure but that is an interesting story I read only once...