THE BUY ZONE - TheRumpledOne

Also -

I would suggest that the long & short BZ entry line, acts as support or resistance, at least as often as it leads to a gateway to a 5-7 pip profit. :confused:

EDIT: Sorry if it sounds like i am being harsh on you TRO, its nothing personal. If you had just posted the BZ with nothing to gain financially from other people adopting your preferred approach of using an EFX trading account, for which you are an IB, and your none-free BZ for dummies indicator that you have shown here, I would not be anywhere near as tenacious in my search for answers. :). Due to the above 2 issues, I'm sure you'll agree that you can expect to be subjected to firmer interrogation here :cheesy:.

t'is best to deal with & hopefully eliminate all of the doubts at the beginning IMO :).

Last edited:
OK

perhaps i over estimated the failed trades during the 12 day manual back-test of EURUSD M1 charts from 7/1/8 - today (this minute).
Using a maximum of 1 entry per M1 candle, an entry line 4 pips from the open, a 6 pip from entry profit take exit, and a 5 pip stop-loss, the split between winners and losers is 149 winners to 95 losers. It looked like a much more even split b4 i tallied up. My mistake. Apologies for that TRO :).
The candle of entry had to be moving up through the long line, or down through the short line. If the candle opened on the long or short line, i classed this as an immediate signal.

Therefore, with these rules/parameters, we have 60% winners and 40% of trades hit a 5 pip SL, approximately.
But despite the fact winners outnumber losers, we still have to account for the 1-2 pip EURUSD spread. This means that loser lost 6-7 pips in total, and winners only made 3-4 pips net profit.
With this in mind, I'd have thought that it would require a higher % of winners than 60% in order to turn over profits.

:idea:
I think that eg. a 6 pip trailing stop-loss, and a break-even stop-loss, or break-even stop-loss +1 pip at +5 pips , might be additional money management rules that preserve capital by stopping +5 pips that didn't hit a +6 pip profit target, from becoming a stop-loss hitter. This could ensure that losses are smaller on average.

Last edited:
well the buyzone just smashed it again.....................finished already and up $190.

I know it is not always going to happen, but if i had the bottle could have got lots more outta the move up from the bz, a hell of alot more............

now i can chill out and take my son over the driving range this afternoon.

jason

Please take all the time you want to evalute the Buy Zone or any other system before you risk your money.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will keep making money with the Buy Zone. You'll be welcome aboard if/when you decide to join us.

Hi TRO

Is it an audio pal-talk chat room?

if so, who gets the microphone, you and who else?

How does it work exactly, are you all placing the same trade/s at the smae time?

Cheers.

Audio and text.

Anyone who steps up to the mic gets the mic. If you abuse it, you get the red dot or bounced.

All we do is call out the open for our platform. It is up to the trade to enter/exit.

Sometimes, I'll do a running commentary if the action is fast and furious. That helps traders make easy pips.

Traders will post their pip p/l after their trades. Dollar amounts and number of lots is personal information. Asking about that in a public room is frowned upon.

OK

perhaps i over estimated the failed trades during the 12 day manual back-test of EURUSD M1 charts from 7/1/8 - today (this minute).
Using a maximum of 1 entry per M1 candle, an entry line 4 pips from the open, a 6 pip from entry profit take exit, and a 5 pip stop-loss, the split between winners and losers is 149 winners to 95 losers. It looked like a much more even split b4 i tallied up. My mistake. Apologies for that TRO :).
The candle of entry had to be moving up through the long line, or down through the short line. If the candle opened on the long or short line, i classed this as an immediate signal.

Therefore, with these rules/parameters, we have 60% winners and 40% of trades hit a 5 pip SL, approximately.
But despite the fact winners outnumber losers, we still have to account for the 1-2 pip EURUSD spread. This means that loser lost 6-7 pips in total, and winners only made 3-4 pips net profit.
With this in mind, I'd have thought that it would require a higher % of winners than 60% in order to turn over profits.

:idea:
I think that eg. a 6 pip trailing stop-loss, and a break-even stop-loss, or break-even stop-loss +1 pip at +5 pips , might be additional money management rules that preserve capital by stopping +5 pips that didn't hit a +6 pip profit target, from becoming a stop-loss hitter. This could ensure that losses are smaller on average.

Since I use EFX Group, I don't have to overcome the spread. Perhaps, you'll want that same advantage someday.

Why would anybody be happy to trade a system without knowing the basis of it? Nobody here knows the reason behind choosing the bands. Nobody can define them for another market, except for guessing a random number. Why not buy a black box system with verifiable track record and trade it?

i know the fed did an emergency cut today but i could have made a serious amount of money today if i had bulls of steel and let my buyzone trade go all day, i know it's in hindsight and tempting, but just a thought thats all..........

jason

Why would anybody be happy to trade a system without knowing the basis of it? Nobody here knows the reason behind choosing the bands. Nobody can define them for another market, except for guessing a random number. Why not buy a black box system with verifiable track record and trade it?

What bands are you talking about?

Since I use EFX Group, I don't have to overcome the spread. Perhaps, you'll want that same advantage someday.

But you are still faced with a 1-2 pip spread at the end of the day. The EFX commission per round turn trade alone is equal to ONE pip, REGARDLESS of the size of the trade - $5 per 100,000 units traded.

Sure, with an ECN you can buy on the bid and sell on the offer sometimes. But this is not a reliable way of entering a trade, as may may not get filled, or may get a partial fill. Also with the BZ, speed of entry ((on the line) would be important.

Audio and text.

Anyone who steps up to the mic gets the mic. If you abuse it, you get the red dot or bounced.

All we do is call out the open for our platform. It is up to the trade to enter/exit.

Sometimes, I'll do a running commentary if the action is fast and furious. That helps traders make easy pips.

Traders will post their pip p/l after their trades. Dollar amounts and number of lots is personal information. Asking about that in a public room is frowned upon.

Cool. That certainly makes the process a bit more interactive/interesting than sat alone in a silent room looking at a chart.

Sure, with an ECN you can buy on the bid and sell on the offer sometimes. But this is not a reliable way of entering a trade, as may may not get filled,

Do you trade using an ECN ?

Paul

JTrader:

The Buy Zone is NOT for everyone.

Perhaps it is NOT for you.

The Buy Zone is difficult for experienced traders to learn because it is so simple. Experienced traders bring their chart/indicator knowledge to the table and all that usually does is impede their learning the Buy Zone.

Inexperienced traders simply follow the simple rules and make money right away. They are not questioning spreads, commissions, whipsaws, etc.... They just learn and earn.

Trading the BUY ZONE just a few minutes ago in my Chat | Chat Rooms | Paltalk TWO PERCENT CHAT ROOM:
(6:00 AM) orimarc_2: ok
TheRumpledOne: open 106.72
TheRumpledOne: +7
(6:02 AM) jimburger: SWISH airball
(6:02 AM) jamtheman: +6
(6:02 AM) davidb_12: hi guys.......4
(6:02 AM) danglin: +6
(6:02 AM) airball_1: +8
(6:02 AM) orimarc_2: requoted, no trade for me here

Note: in/out of the trade in 2 minutes or less!!

zy5nr.png

Last edited:
Hi TRO

Why bother paying for esignal charts when you can use MT4 for free :idea:.
Join the revolution, ditch the subscription services!

I have eSignal, TradeStation and MT4 live.

Why?

1) If one feed goes down, I want to know what is going on. I am trading with REAL MONEY

2) Sometimes one feed will lead/lag the others. This may allow me to exploit the situation.

When trading, you are trading against the world's biggest, best, fastest, etc.. traders. You need to have the best tools that you can afford. DO NOT BE CHEAP WITH YOUR TRADING TOOLS!!

rumpled, why are you now using meta over tradestation/easylanguage??

I started coding in MT4 because some of my friends are trading and they are not ready to pay for eSignal or TradeStation.

I still use them all.