Ref - Todays Bet.

Hi Ian, H, and others so to speak,

In case you're looking for my bet for today, its under - Sport

= Todays Advices

Cheers
Ken

Good luck.

To say hi to Ian and you its you too.

Hi Ian and the others ( name skips me, must be age lol------------nah )

How are you doing, im not to bad, but the horses are not, it happens
you just plod on.

Hope to hear from you guys.

Cheers
Ken

Dear all,
I have agreed with CountryKen that he should have his own tread where we can talk horsey things and also for Ken to post his tips AS and WHEN there are selections.
I do not mean to offend anyone but ask that you dont fill up the thread with "are there any tips today? questions.
If there are he will post them, OK?

Thanks Ken, I and others very much appreciate your offer to post your tips
Dave

his thread is Country Ken's Tips and racing discussions under the sports board

spectacular winners and profits coming easily now, but there was a sticky May with the worst rain fall for 20 years now that was not a very easy time but thats horse racing for you, the trading backing and laying is also doing very well now :cool:

602511 said:
spectacular winners and profits coming easily now, but there was a sticky May with the worst rain fall for 20 years now that was not a very easy time but thats horse racing for you, the trading backing and laying is also doing very well now :cool:

interesting . . . . .

of course I really don't think you believe that. You're just another con artist like most of the systems and tipsters sellers

anyone used the melchior system for betting?if so what did you think,any good tipsters out their at the mo.?

nunny said:
anyone used the melchior system for betting?if so what did you think,any good tipsters out their at the mo.?

Yes I am currently using the melchior system. 1 stop at a winner bet and in the long run makes good profit. Had a poor start to the year but has been doing much better this month.

ramps1 said:
Yes I am currently using the melchior system. 1 stop at a winner bet and in the long run makes good profit. Had a poor start to the year but has been doing much better this month.

no it doesn't. In the long run you lose money.

Used a similar system 3 years back that had 67 winning days, all it took was one day to wipe out all the profits!!! Go figure.

Advice to ramps1 and nunny: nobody gives away free money. What will happen to you when you join these tipsters is you get a good run and then things turn sour and all sorts of excuses come about, and you hang on hoping for it to get better, and it usually doesn't.

There are probably 2 decent tipsters in the country at the moment and they are on losing runs!! They do make a profit, but not much because that's how this game is.

Using other people's systems always has a psychological burden/expectation since you don't know when things will go sour, as they inevitably do in horse racing. And also brainless mechanical systems should be avoided at all costs - if you can use it what stops everyone else using it? Mechanical systems don't allow discretionary intervention on them, and sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes not, which can confuse you psychologically, which in turn does not help nor let you develop any ability. With mechanical systems you do not "get better", unlike the markets where the right mindset and getting more experience can greatly add to your growth as a trader and increase your monetary gains.

Tipsters are similar to mechanical, but at the end of the day it's down to trust. Most tipsters are utterly awful and should be avoided at all costs. But the good ones almost definitely make most of their money from subscriptions, EVEN though they are profitable, because that's how hard the game is, and how skewed the effort to reward is. I seriously believe that trading is easier than trying to win at horse racing, either by laying or backing.

Trading on the exchanges is a different matter all together and does not fall into the above two categories and there are quite a few people who managed to make a living out of it, because it's easier than doing the above.

In summary, I wouldn't ever bother with horse racing, unless it trading prices etc. . . , a lot of work for not much gain. I should know, I've tried it for 4 years and it's really not worth it. As a final point you do hear of millionaire/billionaire traders, but you won't hear of even millionaire tipsters/backers unless they are doing something illegal or they made their money from the subscribers.

i started the melchior system early feb,it got off to a good start,but then hit a loosing run that wiped my profits out in one go,so it was about starting all over again,the system seems ok though ,and the selections are starting to win again now,the person in charge of the melchior has always kept me well informed and can be contacted anytime,all betting is risky though,i was a bit unlucky that i missed a long winning run just before i joined,which would stand you in good steed should their be a bit of a loosing run,thanks for all the comments about this subject,i was looking for a tipping sevice to use alongside the melchior.any suggestions of inform tippers

nunny said:
i started the melchior system early feb,it got off to a good start,but then hit a loosing run that wiped my profits out in one go,so it was about starting all over again,the system seems ok though ,and the selections are starting to win again now,the person in charge of the melchior has always kept me well informed and can be contacted anytime,all betting is risky though,i was a bit unlucky that i missed a long winning run just before i joined,which would stand you in good steed should their be a bit of a loosing run,thanks for all the comments about this subject,i was looking for a tipping sevice to use alongside the melchior.any suggestions of inform tippers

I am confused how you wipe your profit out in one day. The bet is 9 points (1,3,5), therefore the liability is only ever 9 points. As long you stick to fixed stakes and betting bank for Melchior of 72 points which is what is recommend then you won't have any problems.

My experience is that the reason people fail with tipping services is for the following reasons:-

1) They think they are better than the system so start trying to be clever like only backing the selections given they think will win or adjusting the stakes based on their knowledge.
2) They adjust stakes based on winning or losing runs. The only way to do this properly is a percentage bank method. I personally use fixed stakes as it is easier for me.
3)They don't have the patience when a long losing run occurs.
4)They don't back the selections everyday.

I have been with one for example Brimardon for 3 years and every year it has made a profit. They have to have a maximum bet and lay on each race on every single race today and lose on every race to wipe out the bank in one day.

Isiris again had a bad run until recently but in last few weeks have done really well. To be honest I not really an advocate of tipping services because it requires a very focused mindset and most people don't have it and then start slagging off the services. The reality is they thought they could get rich quick, lacked the mental stregth, tried to beat the system and lost money. I have done the same myself. Fortunately I was able to accept it was my fault and not the system.

I don't want to be drawn into a big argument though. As the general opinion is that tipping services are for stupid people like me. I am happy to be stupid if it means that I make a very healthy yearly profit.

In addition I have created my own trading system so I am covered from both angles. Creating my own system has taken huge amount of effort but it is extremely rewarding.

i think you misunderstood me,i agree you should never think you are better than the system,and should always stake as suggested,my profits didnt get wiped out in a day,just over a period of loosers,with the system backing 2nd favourites you need the luck and judgement from the tipster to give you a good start as most 2nd fav,s dont have a good price,if yor winners are followed by a few loosers it does not take long staking 900 per day to loose your profit,i sll recomend the melchior,the system tries to build up dosh gradually,o quick fix methods.and like i said roy who runs the system is a great bloke,whos always available for advice

nunny said:
i think you misunderstood me,i agree you should never think you are better than the system,and should always stake as suggested,my profits didnt get wiped out in a day,just over a period of loosers,with the system backing 2nd favourites you need the luck and judgement from the tipster to give you a good start as most 2nd fav,s dont have a good price,if yor winners are followed by a few loosers it does not take long staking 900 per day to loose your profit,i sll recomend the melchior,the system tries to build up dosh gradually,o quick fix methods.and like i said roy who runs the system is a great bloke,whos always available for advice

Eventually your bank will be wiped out, and your Roy will make lovely excuses. I'm not being rude, just telling you what is going to happen.

In horse racing, and I may get flamed for this, when you are doing back testing and fitting methods to historical data you are doing, whether knowingly or not, no more than making the assiumption that it is a random sequence that you are dealing with. Problem with dealing in random sequences is that, whether you like it or not, you are not at any advantage if you are clever or dumb, since the system is mechanical. Granted you will have periods of profitability and losses, but do you seriously think anyone would want to sustain the painful period?

My advice to you nunny, and you don't have to take it, is get the Hell out of the Melchoir system and spend your profits/money that you would have lost on something enjoyable - like a holiday. Same for the Brimardon system.

I am sure that Roy is a nice guy and also so are the people at Brimardon. But ask yourself:

1) why do they need your money? (I know this is stated to death but it needs to be stated again)
2) where are they making THEIR money from, if they don't mind my asking?

I could tell you a system now that will have 80 or more winning days IN A ROW with a staking plan similar to the Melchoir, and then there will be events that wipes out the bank and I'll have to rejig a few rules and sweet talk the clients telling them it will get better, hope it will, and start the process all over again, collecting my subscriptions to keep me going.

Oh, and isn't it strange how these tipsters/service providers are so nice and well mannered when it comes to parting you with your money, almost sycophantically so.

As I stated before certain tipsters are very good, most are bloody awful. But if you are hoping to become very wealthy relying on them forget it. Livermore's advice about not taking any tips should apply to horse racing as well.

My personal view is that you can be profitable on your own backing and laying horses but the work involved is horrendous, and it's not a really sustainable livelihood, which is why the professionals need subscribers. In short the risk/reward ratio is not great, trading is easier than horse racing, because the horse can f*ck up all your analysis work on a race by falling, having a bad day, being doped etc . . .

Me and a friend of mine were thinking of getting into horse racing professionally. We would get a flat/house, spend 10 - 14 hours a day analysing the races and use back/lay our selections, and literally have no life apart from this - I am deadly serious about this. We know we can be profitable because we've done it in the past in a less intense way, but the hours and the work involved is too great for little rewards that we get and the losing runs would just p*ss us off. When we did it we took over 5K from betfair in a period of 3 months, working on the racing after coming back from work. We could have scaled up to make about 3 times that before emotions crepted in, but then both he and I realised what it was that it was doing to us. We are both quite young, early thirties, and realised that doing this literally left us with virtually no leisure time - because that's what it takes!!!

I don't mean to be motivational or anything, but it is my belief that you can be profitable if you give this game the dedication and attention it deserves, but you might not like the price you have to pay for it. The last thing I would ever want to do is to rely on a tipster or a system from somebody else, because then you just have expectation from someone/something that you don't really know much about.

Ken's Selections

Hi all !
Just spent ages reading all the archive stuff here and almost bored now re Brimardon comments and decided I just dont have a view ! But please can someone explain - simply - how I find Ken's selections which seem well informed as as worth following as anything else. Thanks and hope things are going well with whoever reads this !
Rob

bramble, let me explain as it seems confusing about what brimardon is , what it does, and how can it make us profits, brimardon was and still is run by the founder martin, he started writing software IN 1983/4 with 3 friends, brian,martin and don. the experience that martin has of programming a computer to find the winner of a race is very interesting, the software has over 170 positive and negative variables, one of those would be the trainer has he had a winner in 3,7,14,21,28 days if he has thats positive, if he has not then he would be awarded minus figures, another of the 170 variables is going has the horse run on todays going firm or soft and how has he performed, if he won or got placed then thats a positive if not its a negative, in a twenty runner race some horses could have run 50 times, the software checks every run of every race using over 170 variables, i have given you a example of 2 of the variables. All the variables are added up for a unique rating for that day only that is the predicted winner and as a example 3 weeks ago there was a 3 runner race, the top rated was 20/, the second rated was about 7/1 and the third rated was the 1/6 odds on favourite, the 1/6 favourite was a over bet horse with talk of it being the best fot its age what all the other punters forgot was this was a novice race(novice means not experienced) and they were jumping big fences, on the telephone line they told us to back the top two( just as it said on the software) at 16/1 and 7/1 the result was the 1/6 favourite fell and the outsider won at 20/1 although we had backed it at 20/1, on betfair it was 29/1, so as you are trying to make a profit they sometimes invest on two horses in a race depending on the prices to secure a profit.
They use data supplied by the press association and manipulate that data to send it to the members at 5-00pm the day before the races, it takes no more that 5 minutes and thats it.
So you now have the program up and running with the data, betfair is the leading exchange and as you are now on a person to person exchange all we have to do is to be cleverer than the man next door who has not got a edge and is betting for fun or has just come from the traditional bookmakers after hearing he can make more money on betfair( even though he has never made a profit year on year in his life) 99.9% of punters lose because its a fun hobby just like golf and golfers pay for that hobby just like gamblers do, the high street betting shops and there are around 9000 of them is a glorified amusement arcade, the punter does not bet to make money if he did he would give up, he bets because he enjoys a bet and the majority of your opposition on betfair are doing it for fun( so now its getting interesting)
The market is now around £50 million a week on betfair, brimardon have the only piece of software that can accurately predict the outcome of a race and it does it in the blink of a eye.
If brimardon is good at predicting the winners then it must be good at predicting which horses cannot win and that bring us to the term af laying that means backing a horse to lose, so as a example in a 16 runner race the software tells you which horse will not win if the price of the predicted horse is even money you back that horse to lose and if you placed a bet of £100 and any one of the other 15 runners won we would win £100, we have 15 runners running for us to make a profit and we have one against us that if it wins the race we lose £100.
Brimardon is the worlds first laying to lose software and it is very selective on average 2-5 lays a day and the profits if you did them all blind would blow you away.
The software is also very good at finding winners at decent prices see the web site and click on winners again nothing out there can match it. The new pro software only gives you from 0-4 races a day, ideal if you are a new starter but you can view every race by clicking on the classic system,only use that if you have experience of using the software.
The telephone service where they place the best bets from the software on a telephone line and you phone in at around 12-00 daily and its not a premium rate telephone line its ideal for new comers so you get used to what's going on and if you followed them blind on the phone service you would again make profit but you must understand that there will be losing months.
I could go on but i was sceptical but thats why they do a free demonstration live in Harrogate and london, dont believe what anyone says as most of the comments are negative either because of jealousy that brimardon are the largest in the business or as i think it could be that people just presume just because it involves horse racing it cannot work, how wrong most of you are, horse racing is the 7 the largest industry in the country, 6 billion pounds turnover, over 100, 000 employed, its massive all that money swirling about so very few win because not many take it seriously, im a full time trader on betfair, open your mind to new and more profitable markets, horse racing is the most profitable its just you never thought it could be.
If you have no racing knowledge that means you have no pre-concieved ideas and you are more likely to win as the normal racing man if full of losing ideas and he cannot win if he brings those losing ideas over with him.
good luck and i hope i have not confused you to much.

It seems that you are a member of the Brimardon staff. I wonder how fair your post really is?

I am sorry to say this, but I am currently using the Brimardon software on fully automatic mode and I haven't been in profit since I started 3 months ago. In fact my bank is down by 28.4%.

an old chestnut but i think quite easy to explain, if you have a product and you use it yourself like i do and i know most of those employed there do, if that secret is protected and you have people who also want that advantage of using the software and are willing to pay for it , only a idiot would say no to more cash. if you yourselves produced a product for trading, yes you would use it yourself but if it was that good others would also buy it from you because they are not clever enough to produce a winning system themselves or in brimardons case no one else has the that 20 od years experience, no other product does what there's does, then you would sell it as well.

update to the brimardon system and how to use it,
you can trade on the prices of their selections to lock in a profit without any risk, you can back in a race and lay in the same race to also put the odds in your favour, if your target is a set profit a day and then turn the system off then that is the easy to achieve.
just think of it as a numbers game where you use your skill as a trader but in a different market, its not horse racing to me but trading prices, thats all i do im not interested in a winner im interested in a profit

If Brimardon's software was so good, then they would have built such a large and loyal
subscriber base over 25 years that they would not need to advertise any more. Just the
new subscribers being referred by their existing membership would cater for the small
attrition through natural causes.

At the moment, because my betting bank is looking rather sick because of Brimardon
and I got suckered by Brimardon's marketing machine, I have only one piece of advice
for anyone considering Brimardon. Ask yourself, "what if it doesn't work?" Can you
afford to throw away the cost of the service, because there are no refunds.

Sandfire,

This thread has not had any posts for well over 2 years apart from yours (and now mine).

Paul

Sandfire,

This thread has not had any posts for well over 2 years apart from yours (and now mine).

Paul

Hi Paul.

I posted because I am so fed up with Brimardon that I felt the need to remind people to
be more careful than I was in researching Brimardon's track record. I was sceptical
and was persuaded against my better judgement to join.

If I buy any systems now, I buy only where there is an independent guarantor such as
clickbank, so if the "bar stewards" don't deliver I can get my money back.

Sandy

here we go again

i think the problen lies with many wanting instant profits and not being patient, im still a member like many others year after year we know the ups and downs but if we have a few months up and down we longtimers are quite used to it and its quite normal.

just to update on what they are doing now, which is quite interesting for a trading to win forum.
The software now trades automatically and the call it the coverbet it can get your money back on some losers as long as they run well, they are saying there are no losing runs which is true in a way.
The difference to normal trading software is they are trading on the top rated named horseS but only in certain races, it looks like they are heading for fully automatic trading on betfair so its getting very interesting, use it the traditional way or the new trading way.im still using both and finding my way with the new coverbet

i still think they give a 12 month money back guarantee that you will make a profit,
(i might be wrong now but i know they used to because i got one years ago)

i suppose the problem is some systems will not suit everyone, i covered that many years ago on here and the last few months have been up and down, the 9 months before that was more plain sailing.
i also still use the phone line but that always has its ups and downs.

there you go its official now

ASA Adjudication on Brimardon Systems
Brimardon Systems
14-15 Regent Parade
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
HD1 5AW
Date: 17 February 2010
Media:press general
Sector:Leisure
Number of complaints:1
Complaint Ref:105372

Ad
A press ad in the Racing Post for a cover bet system stated in bold text “over £37,500 PROFIT. 375+ POINTS PROFIT.” Smaller text stated “These profits are backing to win… PROFIT FROM 13 OCTOBER 08 UP TO END OF APRIL 09… For the first time ever we can get our stake money back on losers… The Cover Bet will place and manage that bet for you more efficiently than you can do it yourself.” Small print provided information about turnover figures.

Issue
The complainant objected that the ad was misleading because it implied that a profit could be achieved.

CAP Code
Response
Brimardon Systems (Brimardon) provided a brief explanation of their Cover Bet system and how the cover bet could win stake money back on losing bets. They stated that all the selections were proofed in advance of the races taking place by e-mail to their chartered accountants, Brays Ltd, and to the Racing Post. They sent a master proofing spreadsheet which contained details of the selected horse, race time and meeting and odds from 13 October 2008 to 30 April 2009 and their accountants provided copies of time and date-stamped emails in support of the claim. Brimardon also sent screenshots from the relevant bookmaker's website to prove the availability of their recommended odds.

Assessment
Not upheld

The ASA understood that the profit claims were based on Brimardons horse racing telephone selections and noted that the running total at the end of the period, set out in their master spreadsheet, exceeded the £37,000 figure stated in the ad. We noted that each recommended bet was lodged independently, by e-mail, with the Racing Post and Brimardons accountants before each race. We asked Brimardon to provide copies of over 100 of the proof e-mails, showing wins, throughout the relevant period, and we asked the Racing Post to provide a smaller sample of emails received, which we selected at random. We assessed the data and noted that the selections sent to the accountants and the Racing Post corresponded with Brimardon's master record and that the e-mails were sent before the start of the relevant races, which was confirmed by the electronic date and time stamp in the e-mails. Furthermore, we noted from the sample of sent e-mails provided by the Racing Post that the dates, times and content of the e-mails corresponded with the received versions held by Brimardon's accountants. We also noted Brimardon included screen shots from the relevant bookers website confirming the availability of the recommended odds for the horses Brimardon had advised.

Because we considered that the two selections of proofing e-mails provided by Brays and the Racing Post verified the accuracy of Brimardons records between October 2008 and April 2009, we concluded that they had substantiated the profit claims.

We investigated the ad under CAP Code clauses 3.1 (Substantiation), 6.1 (Honesty) and 7.1 (Truthfulness), but did not find it in breach.

Action
No further action necessary.

Adjudication of the ASA Council (Non-broadcast)
link
http://www.asa.org.uk/Complaints-an...ns/2010/2/Brimardon-Systems/TF_ADJ_48086.aspx