The Alba System Journal- EUR/USD intraday system

Forex Trade- 3/22/06- No Trades

With the lack of economic reports today it was no surprise that the Euro stayed in it's range and didn't give us any trades. You can see from the chart that there were clearly no breakouts or signals. Hopefully we'll get a little more action the rest of the week. Cheers! ~ Big Pippin

Results: +0 pips

Attachments

• EURUSD-3.22.06.gif
    EURUSD-3.22.06.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 355
Forex Trade- 3/23/06- 1 Trade Won

Another great day for the Alba system! At 10am we had the Existing Home Sales report and the report came out higher than expecting creating a dollar surge today. The Euro proceeded to drop and at 10:20 we had an Alba breakout. I entered 3 lots short at 2014 with a stop at 2058 and a target at 1992. My target was hit on the next candle and I closed 2 lots and moved my last lot's stop to breakeven. I held on to my trade and waited to see if the price would drop any lower but at 12:30pm I decided to go ahead and close out my last lot at 1978 because I didn't think the dollar would gain any more ground on the Euro today. Overall it was a very rewarding day. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Results: +44 +36 -9(spread)= +71 pips

Attachments

• EURUSD-3.23.06.gif
    EURUSD-3.23.06.gif
    14 KB · Views: 401
Forex Trade- 3/24/06- 1 Trade Won

The US New Home Sales had a major impact on today's market even though Forex Factory only categorized it as a yellow event. Housing data has had a lot of significance lately and it's a good thing we paid attention to it. At 10:20 we had an Alba breakout and I entered 3 lots long at 2022 with a stop at 1970 and a target at 2048. Unfortunately, there was not enough juice to make the Euro shoot up some more but we did get a gradual increase in price throughout the rest of the day. By 1pm my target was still not hit so I decided to go ahead and close all 3 lots at 2037 since I was already in profit and it was getting late in the day. It was a great way to end this week and I hope you all were able to get in on it. Have a great weekend everyone! ~Big Pippin

Results: +45 -9(spread)= +36 pips

Attachments

• EURUSD-3.24.06.gif
    EURUSD-3.24.06.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 334
Big Pippin said:
It was a great way to end this week and I hope you all were able to get in on it. Have a great weekend everyone! ~Big Pippin

Results: +45 -9(spread)= +36 pips

Looks easy after the event, you should post live, but somehow I doubt you do that.

indexgold said:
Looks easy after the event, you should post live, but somehow I doubt you do that.

Actually I do trade live in front of students who are learning the system so it makes it kind of hard for me to post my trades live at the same time. Unless of course I had 4 hands :)

Alba Results for 3/20/06 - 3/24/06

Well I must say this week was a very good week for Alba. Hopefully next week will follow suit so we can finish March off on a strong note.

Monday: No trades
Tuesday: +42
Wednesday: No trades
Thursday: +71
Friday: +36

Total: +149 pips

Thought so, how do you charge then?. for a simple B/O method.

Anyway, it would only take you 10sec..post long 78 or short 78, how long will it take you to post that, I know under 10sec..there so many like you out there, looking for newbies.so don't make excuses saying you have not got 4 hands. I trade live with a 2 year old screaming child and the wife mother coming around talking ****.

indexgold said:
Thought so, how do you charge then?. for a simple B/O method.

Anyway, it would only take you 10sec..post long 78 or short 78, how long will it take you to post that, I know under 10sec..there so many like you out there, looking for newbies.so don't make excuses saying you have not got 4 hands. I trade live with a 2 year old screaming child and the wife mother coming around talking ****.

Actually when you have like 10 people asking you questions while a trade is going on, there really isn't time to post my trade. But you're right, no excuses. I'm a slacker.

I hope you sensed the sarcasm because I laid it on pretty thick. It really sounds like you have some kind of chip on your shoulder. First you come in on the thread saying you made xx amount of money in what I called a rangebound market. And the point of that was?? to brag?

Yes you are a trading god. <-notice the sarcasm again

You trade with a 2 year old screaming and your mother in law talking rubbish. I commend you. You are a real trading trooper.

I trade on the back of my beach house where it's nice and quiet. You should try it sometime. You might have less negative energy towards others.

This is my last post towards you. I enjoy trading- not flaming. Have a great weekend.

Cheers mate!

-BP

Cheers mate, thats english, you based in the USA, should you not say have a good day.

I dont real care wha you do, Hvae a good weekend,in good old USA

Forex Trade- 3/27/06- 1 Trade Lost

After a great week last week, we've started off on a bit of a slump today. With the lack of economic reports, and the fact that it's a Monday, there was very little movement in the Eur/Usd today. At 11:20am there was an Alba breakout and I entered 3 lots short at 2006 with a stop at 2025 and a target at 1996. Unfortunately the price did not continue down and pretty much just stayed still for the rest of the day. By 12:30 pm my target was still not hit and although I was negative, I felt like it was time to cut my losses. I exited all 3 lots at the close of the 12:20 candle at 2009. Although it was a loss, I'm satisified with being able to keep the loss small. Hopefully the rest of the week will be better. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Results: -9 -9(spread)= -18 pips

Attachments

• EURUSD-3.27.06.gif
    EURUSD-3.27.06.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 300
Big Pippin said:
Hi Baptist,

I should've clarified. The black candles mean that the 5 WMA crosses above the 8 WMA and the purple candles mean that the 5 WMA crosses below the 8 WMA. It's a neat feature on my charting package that makes it easier for me to see crossovers.

Cheers,

-BP

Thank you for that, it makes sense.

Eliseo said:
Hi all:

Could you please explain how is your strategy?

Thanks

Hi Eliseo,

I'm sorry I should've clarified. I cannot give out the system specifics on the board. The thread was started simply to document my trades and show that it is not that hard to be profitable in the forex if you stick to the rules of your system and practice good money management.

However, the system is not rocket science. Follow the thread long enough and I'm sure you will be able to pick up the basic idea of the system. Yes, it is part breakout system, but it is also part price action as well.

If you have any general questions about trading feel free to send me a pm.

Happy trading!

-BP

Forex Trade- 3/28/06- 1 Trade Lost

Unfortunately, Alba took another loss today. Although the trade looked good, the market decided to do it's own thing like it always does :) At the close of the 10:10 candle there was an Alba signal and I entered 3 lots short at 2063 with a stop at 2086 and a target at 2052. The price got as low as 2056 but then proceeded to head back towards the EU high where it just hung around probably waiting for the Fed's statements today. By 12:30 my target still wasn't hit and I decided to cut my losses as I closed all 3 lots at 2075. This marks only the 3rd time we've had 2 losing days in a row since inception of the system and I'm hoping that the rest of the week will give us something good so we can finish of March on a strong note. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Results: -36 -9(spread)= -45 pips

Attachments

• EURUSD-3.28.06.gif
    EURUSD-3.28.06.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 263
Forex Trade- 3/29/06- 1 Trade Lost

For Alba, it was a win. For me, it was another loss. So technically, this doesn't count as 3 losing days in a row Actually, it's just me trying to justify my loss today, haha. At 11:30 am there was an Alba breakout and I entered 3 lots long at 2033 with a stop at 2015 and a target at 2048. By 12:30 my target still wasn't hit and it looked like the market was dead so I closed all 3 of my lots out at 2028. Had I waited until a little after 1:00 pm, my target would've eventually gotten hit. So not a good day for me, but it was a good day for Alba. Hopefully MY trading will be better tomorrow Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Results: -15 -9(spread)= -24 pips

Attachments

• EURUSD-3.29.06.gif
    EURUSD-3.29.06.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 252
Forex Trade- 3/30/06- 1 Trade Won

Woohoo! After following the footsteps of one of our traders (thanks Brad) I decided I was going to hold onto this trade for longer than I usually do. There was an Alba breakout at 9:30 am and I entered 3 lots long at 2138 with a stop at 2087 and a target at 2169. Once again, 12 noon rolled by and our target still was not hit. However, instead of closing my trade early, I waited it out and just now closed my trade at 2:30 at 2160. 1 more day to go for March, and hopefully we'll end up on a strong note. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Results: +66 -9(spread)= +57 pips

Attachments

• EURUSD-3.30.06.gif
    EURUSD-3.30.06.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 274
Forex Trade- 3/31/06- No Trades

Well even with the plethora of news reports today, there was still no clear direction. The Euro stayed inside its range and didn't give us much to look at. Overall it was a pretty boring day for the Alba system. So it wasn't a great finish for March but we were still able to manage a decent number of pips. I'm looking forward to a brand new month next week. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Results: +0 pips

Attachments

• EURUSD-3.31.06.gif
    EURUSD-3.31.06.gif
    10.7 KB · Views: 211
Alba Results for 3/27/06 - 3/31/06

Well, unlike last week, we really didn't gain much ground for the last week of March. I don't like to make excuses but I forgot about the EU DST and that is the reason why I traded bad this week, hahaha j/k. All kidding aside, it wasn't the greatest week, but at least we managed to keep most of the pips we made last week. Overall, March was definitely alot better than February and I'm hoping that April will be even better. Hope you all did well.

Monday: -18
Tuesday: -45
Wednesday: -24
Thursday: +57
Friday: No trades

Total: -30 pips

Total pips for March: +162 pips