Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Hi, Captain, that's right, we have a couple of news releases this week from Unemployment claims to Retails sales which may send this already under pressure pair to 1.2800.

announcements tend to favour the gbp.

You could be spot on this time Stephen, Pound looking like it will fill that hole in the chart.

gbp.usd%204hr%20chart%20t2w.png

What next, I'm curious to see what cable does from here over the next few days and into next week.

Andy
Captain Currency

Hi guys,
First of all, great thread captain. Have read it all yet, but. It's helping my trading no end.
The gap down over the weekend seemed to be caused by a poll out over the weekend that said the no campaign was in the lead in the Scottish referendum. Since then most of the other polls have indicated a narrow win for the yes side, hence the rally back up. Likely to be a choppy week and I think the polls may drive sentiment. The referendum is on Thursday, so be careful about holding positions over night!
If I may, I'd like to ask some advice from the more experienced guys on here......I have a habit of moving my stops down too tightly when I'm in profit. I find myself getting 20 pips in moves where I could have got more like a 100. So concerned am I that a winner doesn't turn into a lower I feel that I miss out on a lot of the larger moves.
Any advice would be great.
Best regards
Marcus

Hi guys,
First of all, great thread captain. Have read it all yet, but. It's helping my trading no end.
The gap down over the weekend seemed to be caused by a poll out over the weekend that said the no campaign was in the lead in the Scottish referendum. Since then most of the other polls have indicated a narrow win for the yes side, hence the rally back up. Likely to be a choppy week and I think the polls may drive sentiment. The referendum is on Thursday, so be careful about holding positions over night!
If I may, I'd like to ask some advice from the more experienced guys on here......I have a habit of moving my stops down too tightly when I'm in profit. I find myself getting 20 pips in moves where I could have got more like a 100. So concerned am I that a winner doesn't turn into a lower I feel that I miss out on a lot of the larger moves.
Any advice would be great.
Best regards
Marcus

as long as you have a good handle around the ATR for the time range concerned you should be able to gauge where to trail the S/L

try this thread as well

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/117416-best-exit-strategies-forex-market.html

N

hey all

heres caps biggest duck on the 60ma 4hr TF .............see the action selling the GBP recently ??

it came south against most other currencies in phase 1 last week .........then settled into more sells on phase 2 and phase 3.............more recently we have been waiting for more sells this week but they have been pretty light on the ground .........and its back in the pack now .........but what a run of sells !!

such is life

N

Attachments

• selling gbp on the 3 ducks.PNG
    selling gbp on the 3 ducks.PNG
    49 KB · Views: 130
this week the usd was the bull currency (top of the 4hr 60ma duck chart)

some nice sells on the AUD and the YEN were the cream of the crop........trading when the other 2 ducks said sell them as well

nice week on the 3 ducks system then ! (y)

respect as always cap :smart:

N

Attachments

• steady sells into usd this week.PNG
    steady sells into usd this week.PNG
    40.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 2 biggest moves.PNG
    2 biggest moves.PNG
    39.9 KB · Views: 141
Thanks for the reply Nvp
Just so I understand you correctly, if I'm trading say the 5 minute chart and the average true range is say 10, I could try trailing the stop by 10?
Have I understood correctly?

Cheers

this week the usd was the bull currency (top of the 4hr 60ma duck chart)

some nice sells on the AUD and the YEN were the cream of the crop........trading when the other 2 ducks said sell them as well

nice week on the 3 ducks system then ! (y)

respect as always cap :smart:

N

Let's check it out.

Is it safe to come out yet .... has the dust settled after the Scottish Referendum?

Looking like the Euro is slipping down against the USD once again - 3 Ducks favor selling set-ups on Eur.Usd.

Have a great weekend Duck Hunters,

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• eur.usd 4hr chart.gif
    eur.usd 4hr chart.gif
    31 KB · Views: 159
I think there might be a good chance eur/usd going straight down from the start. Let's see how 3 ducks system setting up.

Thoughts on CADJPY? The ducks have lined up nicely.

Attachments

• CADJPY_2014-09-24 21_19_23-eSignal.png
    CADJPY_2014-09-24 21_19_23-eSignal.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 179
There are much better pairs out there than CADJPY. Look at EURUSD and NZDUSD - Bagged over 300 points in the last 24 hours!