Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Read the e-book this afternoon. Looking at Cable today, if you'd got in on price breaching prior high on the 5 minute chart while also being above the 60 SMA on the same chart and if you'd exited on the break back down through the 60 SMA, you'd have had 5 or 6 entries today with only one being profitable, so there has to be something else brought o the party. Commonsense is a prerequisite and features at the very start of the e-book, but I'm not sure how that translates into the entry/exit criteria.

Hi, guys how long do you think I should test it on my demo before I move to live account?
Go straight to live with as small a position size as you are able. Demo counts for nothing. It is actually counter-productive.

Go straight to live with as small a position size as you are able. Demo counts for nothing. It is actually counter-productive.

Ya - that's what i did. Went live with the minimum.

I'm curious to see how this system goes.

I had a class with the captain over skype last night and it was very informative.

Thanks again captain !

I will post my orders here just for fun if anyone's interested.Not trading today of course due to non-farm payroll.

No trading today due to non-farm payroll- BUT - if there was trading going on then I would have selected the following pairs:

• GBP/USD – BUY @ 16891
• EUR/GBP – SELL @ 8207

Last edited:
Really? I should move to live account from start. BTW, I'm testing another system called ''3 little pigs trading system'' at the same time, I will see which one is working for me.

Really? I should move to live account from start. BTW, I'm testing another system called ''3 little pigs trading system'' at the same time, I will see which one is working for me.
I'm long Brick: Short Straw.

I traded the 3 ducks for about 6 months back in 2011. Had to take a break from trading due to work commitments back then but am trading part time now. From my own 6 months trading this "system" it was profitable, noting like 100 pips a day but it could turn out some nice trades when market conditions favoured this trend trading strat.

Bottom line is this is a straight forward and sound set of guidlines, thanks to Andy Captain Currency for sharing the EBook but not much point trading a trend followin system in a choppy market. Maybe have 2-3 systems: one for when the market is trending and one for when the market is goin side ways

Just my opinion.

I'm ahead of the curve there. I'm marketing the "3 Whipsaws" strategy.

Basically, when the 3 Ducks doesn't work, you don't trade until it does.

$99 please.

I'm ahead of the curve there. I'm marketing the "3 Whipsaws" strategy.

Basically, when the 3 Ducks doesn't work, you don't trade until it does.

$99 please.

Problems is most retail traders are bad gamblers and wouldn.t be able to wait or have the patience not to trade. That would go against their nature specially if they are trading a dummy or small account. Don, t spoil their addrelin rush :cry:

are you guys crazy ?

dont mess with the ducks ..........Dewey is now 100 foot high and 20 ton of muscle dudes

N

Attachments

• big duck.JPG
    big duck.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
are you guys crazy ?

dont mess with the ducks ..........Dewey is now 100 foot high and 20 ton of muscle dudes

N

So it's working for you yes? I'm curios as to how people are getting on with it as I've just started it last week.

Are you doing exactly what the captain teaches ? Or have you introduced your own slant on it out of curiosity ?

What are the 8 major pairs? I have tested it on USDCNH, it does not seems working very well.

So over what period of time did you test it?

I've I my just started using it since last week. Am curious to see what kind if results you got ?
Any other details on your testing you can offer ? (E.g. Number of trades taken, number of winners/losers, over what period of time... and anything else)

Currency in major pairs include USD, CAD,EUR, CHF, YEN, AUS. If you go onto your broker there is a section called major fx pairs (at least there is with ig index which I use).
It should work across any currency id imagine though.

Last edited: