Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

why buy the cow

I just use the free one from currencynewstrading Once you understand how it works it a great tool and it alerts me to upcoming news as well

What I see as a potential breakout--but might not be, on Euro/USD, I've gone long on.

I know that 4H and 1H are north and 5M is, still, south, but I feel that there might be something in it and I have a stop fairly close.

I am mentioning it, here, because if it goes wrong, it will be a lesson to everyone. If it goes right, we'll call it a fluke.

And here's me thinking I developed my own little strategy using the correlator alongside the ducks, only to find out everyone's at it. :LOL:

I'm not sure what that is going to do, now, so closed it for 12 points.

If in doubt ... bail out.

Deal or no Deal, does 12 pips of profit have a similar psychological effect on a trader as when the banker in Deal or no Deal offers the contestant £26,000 (the governor), the always find it hard to say no to that type of money.

Psychological barriers, let us know your thoughts on this after you've finished watching Jeremy File ...

Andy
Captain Currency

3 Ducks, Weekend of 15th - 6th October '13

Greeting Duck Hunters,

Eur.Gbp is a bit of an outsider at the moment for a trend trader but next week it might just be worth your while looking for the buying opportunities (selling the Pound) if your Ducks line up.

Price is above the 4hr sma, on the "buy side" and your 1st Duck only favors the buying set-ups at the mo (see chart below).

A 20 pip stop loss and a 30 pip profit target could be a good approach if/when all the 3 Ducks line up for a buy.

Andy
Captain Currency

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

Attachments

• eur.gbp 4hr Forum.png
    eur.gbp 4hr Forum.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 157
3 Ducks, Weekend of 19th - 20th Oct '13

Greetings Duck Hunters,

After the big sell off on Thursday Usd.Jpy is a bit of an outsider and bears have pushed the price across onto the "sell side" (see chart below).

But next week it might just be worth your while looking for the buying opportunities if your Ducks line up. Targeting the 99.00 area and above and putting your stop-loss below hourly support could be a good play.

On the flip side a break and hold below the 97.50 area next week would get me neutral on this pair.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and good trading to you for the week ahead,

Andy
Captain Currency

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

Attachments

• t2w.png
    t2w.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 222
What do you think ...

I said Aussie Dollar was on drugs, RBA Stevens said: currency high and not supported by fundamentals … Same meaning??

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• aud.usd 4hr.png
    aud.usd 4hr.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 252
I am short across the board on AUD except AUD/NZD that I am long. I think AUD needs to retest the high, or at least attempt to, before it finally reverses. Seems too early for a full reverse now.

cc%20t2w%201.png

A new trading month is upon us once again and now could be your time to build a plan of action.

Your monthly plan is more about you and your actions rather than your trading system or approach. This plan might just help you manage or overcome some of the psychological aspects of trading that may have been limiting your profits.

So here goes ... keep the plan simple and start off by writing down 3 things you need to stop doing or do less of this month when your trading - this part should be very easy!!

Do less of this:

1) .................................................. ......................

2) .................................................. .......................

3) .................................................. .......................

Now write down 3 things that may have served you well in the past, remember when you where trading well and making some good trades and choices, what where you doing?

Do more of this:

1) .................................................. ......................

2) .................................................. ......................

3) .................................................. ......................

Each trading month has on average 20 trading days so its a sprint rather than a marathon.

At the start of the month print your plan off, have a quick read of it each day before you trade.

At the end of the month see how you did, did you stick to your plan? What will next month's plan look like, what do you need to do less of and what do you need to do more of?

Progress, Progress, Progress, the mental side of trading is probably the most important element but it probably gets the least amount of attention - the system gets all the attention. Now with your plan you can make positive changes and track your progress.

cc%20t2w%202.png

Good trading to you for the months ahead,

Andy
Captain Currency

3 Ducks, Weekend of 9th - 10th Nov '13

Sometimes the market looks too bloomin good to us trend traders and gives us too much choice!!

But Duck Hunters here's a quick heads-up for next week ...

A nice little earner, Eur.Gbp has a nice down trend and is certainly a pair that will make it on to my shortlist to trade next week.

Yep I hear ya, it has a small daily pip variation figure of around 45 pips but it can be a nice little earner when our Ducks line up.

A stop-loss above hourly resistance or a fixed 20 pip stop-loss and a 30 pip take profit (1 to 1.5 risk v reward) could be a good approach if our ducks line up for a sell on this pair next week (see the chart below).

Enjoy the weekend,

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• E.G forum.png
    E.G forum.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 183
3 Ducks, Weekend of 16th - 17th Nov '13

Gbp.Usd worth a punt next week? I think so ...

Greetings Duck Hunters,

A decent couple of bullish days this week for the British Pound sees the 4hr trend on the up.

Trade idea, Gbp.Usd could be well worth a punt next week if our Ducks line up for a buy targeting the 1.6200 area and above.

Stops-losses could be placed below hourly support or if you're a bit more aggressive below 5 min support.

On the flip side, all bullish interest would be gone for me if we do get a break and hold below that 1.5990 area next week (see chart below).

Hope you can catch a winner or two next week,

Andy
Captain Currency

PS no doubt any decent upward price movement on Gbp.Usd next week (US Dollar weakness) will have a similar effect on Eur.Usd so this too could be a decent pair to keep on your shortlist to trade for the trading week ahead.

Attachments

• Gbp.Usd 4hr Forum.png
    Gbp.Usd 4hr Forum.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 190
Gbp.Usd worth a punt next week? I think so ...

Greetings Duck Hunters,

A decent couple of bullish days this week for the British Pound sees the 4hr trend on the up.

Trade idea, Gbp.Usd could be well worth a punt next week if our Ducks line up for a buy targeting the 1.6200 area and above.

Stops-losses could be placed below hourly support or if you're a bit more aggressive below 5 min support.

On the flip side, all bullish interest would be gone for me if we do get a break and hold below that 1.5990 area next week (see chart below).

Hope you can catch a winner or two next week,

Andy
Captain Currency

PS no doubt any decent upward price movement on Gbp.Usd next week (US Dollar weakness) will have a similar effect on Eur.Usd so this too could be a decent pair to keep on your shortlist to trade for the trading week ahead.

Hi, CC. I, still, follow you and use the 60Av on my charts as a second opinion.(y)

hey all

heres andys 4Hr chart on a 60ma (the highest 3 duck setting)

the GBP is RED and the USD is Green...... both bold ...

I can see G/U was a great move last week and the 3D signals would have cut in as they crossed on the 4hr chart here.........(other lower TF duck signals for G/U would have already been signalling)

Hmmmm.....personally I think the GBP may have peaked a little at present as the top dog on the 4Hr .....but hey.......anything can happen on the forex world :cool:

good trading and I strongly recommend any trader look at the 3 duck system as you can learn a lot .......:smart:

N

Attachments

• 3 ducks on 4hour last week.PNG
    3 ducks on 4hour last week.PNG
    38.8 KB · Views: 159
GBP/USD Trade

Curious to know if anyone using the 3 ducks guidelines took this bullish cable trade this afternoon. No idea how it's going to work out, but my SL is tighter than a duck's a** (pun intended!)

Attachments

• 3 ducks example.png
    3 ducks example.png
    187.4 KB · Views: 227