Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

isn't this the same system posted on babypips? why create a thread here about it?

Why not, the 3ducks is posted in many forums, to be fair pips school is great but I left baby pips after the ICT fiasco and found t2w... Much more grown up :)

Re: The 3 Ducks Trading System

The%20Secret%20Strategy%20of%20Forex%20Trading%20Doing%20Things.png

Why not, the 3ducks is posted in many forums, to be fair pips school is great but I left baby pips after the ICT fiasco and found t2w... Much more grown up :)

yeah, the whole false prophet thing with ICT was a shame

there's still a lot more babypips has to offer outside ICT, and their school is great, but I get you

How you formed an opinion contrary to that indicated by all responses on this thread beggars belief(n)

Hopefully you are better at assessing evidence ,and forming an opinion therefrom, in your forthcoming school exams.:rolleyes:

The 'Legendary Member" has spoken and given his opinion, of course you are right (n)

Doing Things (y)

Yep, I've being trying this, the 3D indictaion is powerfull and applied to my entry and exits is working well :), overall this week im still down but not a lot and my percentage of winning trades is positive, i just need to nail the R:R.. do i hold or do i close.... da da datadadtaa!.. :) its all good fun - holding trades on the 1hr r/s s/l works well but they rearly hit my TP's unless i close them early..

so next week i'll be doin things to maximise the profit potential and mimise the loss potential :innocent:

Thanks for the wise words Captain :clap:

Doing Things (y)

Yep, I've being trying this, the 3D indictaion is powerfull and applied to my entry and exits is working well :), overall this week im still down but not a lot and my percentage of winning trades is positive, i just need to nail the R:R.. do i hold or do i close.... da da datadadtaa!.. :) its all good fun - holding trades on the 1hr r/s s/l works well but they rearly hit my TP's unless i close them early..

so next week i'll be doin things to maximise the profit potential and mimise the loss potential :innocent:

Thanks for the wise words Captain :clap:

You might try putting a faster SMA on your chart for taking profit. I prefer a 21 sma for that purpose. I know this is a little outside of the Capt's recommendations, but when you cant watch the 5M chart all day, the 21 can make a difference in how much you take home. Or just try different periods until you find something you like. But keep in mind, no value will be perfect all of the time. Find what works for you.

You might try putting a faster SMA on your chart for taking profit. I prefer a 21 sma for that purpose. I know this is a little outside of the Capt's recommendations, but when you cant watch the 5M chart all day, the 21 can make a difference in how much you take home. Or just try different periods until you find something you like. But keep in mind, no value will be perfect all of the time. Find what works for you.

Thanks for this, sounds intriging. How do you work out profits from the SMA 21?

I had been using FIB extensions post a retracment, but i built a spreadsheet over the weekend to help me anylisis my past trades looking at profit potential over SL, from last weeks trades my most effective placment was a 1:1 set to 50 pips. I want to add the trades that closed on a SL once they crossed the 5Min SMA, but i have to record these day by day, so i cant say until the end of this week.

The thing about what i did this weekend was that even though i'd got the direction correct 11 out of 12 times i was closing trades to early. I would have achieved most profit by using a 50 pip TP against a 50 pip stop, but i could still have achieved 6/8 of the potenital on a 20 pip stop.. the R:R is interesting when you really start crunching the numbers and it pops up some surprises for sure :cheesy:

peace and pips
Kaya

to-date i've only traditionally taken 3D trades after a bounce off the 60SMA, GBPCHF is an attempt to broaden those horizons; seeing if i can find a 3D edge when there hasnt been a recent 60SMA bounce

to-date i've only traditionally taken 3D trades after a bounce off the 60SMA, GBPCHF is an attempt to broaden those horizons; seeing if i can find a 3D edge when there hasnt been a recent 60SMA bounce

Have you looked at using fib retracements at 61-78 for bounces, try looking back at the breaks above the 60 sma ( I take this to mean the 1hr tf?) Then the fib retracement back but still above the 60 on the 1hr.. I look for my favorite target of fibs on the 4hr then all duck lined as the price bounces back through the 61 fib then look for entry at the 5min breaks, stops on the one hour and combined s/r for fine tuning stops and profit targets... If the price is well beyond the 1hr sma :) peace ans pips

hello,

i use only MS S/R, PA and SMA, .......uncomplicated, yet it seems to work

at present there is no motive to add anything else

Have you looked at using fib retracements at 61-78 for bounces, try looking back at the breaks above the 60 sma ( I take this to mean the 1hr tf?) Then the fib retracement back but still above the 60 on the 1hr.. I look for my favorite target of fibs on the 4hr then all duck lined as the price bounces back through the 61 fib then look for entry at the 5min breaks, stops on the one hour and combined s/r for fine tuning stops and profit targets... If the price is well beyond the 1hr sma :) peace ans pips

hello,

i use only MS S/R, PA and SMA, .......uncomplicated, yet it seems to work

at present there is no motive to add anything else

Fair play to you :) I only use the fibs if I'm looking for late entries, but if I'm looking for enty I probably should stay out...

Peace and pips

i typically only take 3D's after a bounce off 60SMA; seeing if we get continuation here without the bounce

Attachments

• 2013-05-08_1018.png
    2013-05-08_1018.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 518
hey all

heres Caps 4hr 60ma on the fxcorrelator to see the overall picture

hmm.....CAD is top performer with the NZD at the bottom of the pack

The Green USD moving north still off those nice NFP's last week

traditionally I would be looking to buy any currencies against USD and Yen (with the Dow still rising) so the E/U could be promising later today as it nestles just above the USD and ready to move north.....

lets see
N

Attachments

• 3duck 4hr tf on 60ma.jpg
    3duck 4hr tf on 60ma.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,803