Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

ok this is the way is see it, please correct of wrong..i'm starting a 4 week try out of the three ducks, ive entered some trades based on pure ducks and for the most part they have come true.

the three ducks is a disrectionary entry, and mainly based on where you would like to place your stops. i like to work within stops that are a max of 30 pips, but somtimes i'll extend the stops while lowering my volume effectivly risking the same loss but also taking a hit on the reward.

so a bull buy

so i want to looks at the last low below the sma on the 1 hour and place my stop about 10 pips below. but this will always be +30 pips in a strong market trend, so i place stops based on r:r and s/r i never place a stop within the 5 min sma. The market will always retrace and move so for me putting stops inside the 5min sma is a death wish.

Also i wait for the 5min bar to break a short term high ideally on the one hour chart again this blows my 30 pip max stop out of the water more times then not, but based on s/r and r:r's i'll adjust.

I have a perfect trade entry plan but it would hardly ever set up so it has variables and rules - rules are not broken but varibles are just that they are discretionary on Price and fundimentals of the market at the time. my rules are (apart from strigent respect of the 3 ducks); trade in the london and NY sessions only, never enter a stop within the 5min sma and never risk more then 2% of my balance. your rules maybe different its ok - this is the great thing about the 3 ducks...

peace and pips :)

Mate,you have got this so wrong!If the price isnt moving that is the market screaming at you DONT TRADE at this moment.Not having a view on the market is actually having a view.The 3 Ducks system is not a system that will get 800 pips a week,double your account in a month like most other systems claim,but you will winover 70% of your trades if you trade carefully and follow simple rules.
Tip to all newbies,if you are thinking of following a thread or system on any forum or site,read the rules on the first page then go to the last page and see if the system resembles the original post or if the thread starter is still posting,98 times out of 100 its not.3 Ducks and the captain are still here unchanged after 5 years!And no,I dont know him,but I owe him a drink if he's ever in Oz.You dont have to watch the screen all day,PM me and I'll tell you how to set your trades and some basic dont do's.Rant over:)

well, you may as well state here what your do;s and donts are, as iam not sure how to pm.

what is the stop used with this system ? there must be an emergency fixed stop.

well, you may as well state here what your do;s and donts are, as iam not sure how to pm.

Read the e book and read from Post one of this thread -it is all there if you can be motivated to make the effort !

Read all Nigels posts - he discusses stops for most trades.:rolleyes:

Read the e book and read from Post one of this thread -it is all there if you can be motivated to make the effort !

Read all Nigels posts - he discusses stops for most trades.:rolleyes:

Oh come on neil, do some work for them :)

Here was one for today...charts to follow.

Yellow horizontal line = entry
Red horizontal line = stop
Orange verticle line = candle at time of entry
Target = no idea yet but looking for a good surge upwards

I also use other non specified filters which guage overall market sentiment.

Attachments

• aud-usd-3ducks.png
    aud-usd-3ducks.png
    143.7 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
red news in 20m doesnt put you off this one?

Oh come on neil, do some work for them :)

Here was one for today...charts to follow.

Yellow horizontal line = entry
Red horizontal line = stop
Orange verticle line = candle at time of entry
Target = no idea yet but looking for a good surge upwards

I also use other non specified filters which guage overall market sentiment.

to be rational though, it could easily have gone the other way :-0:whistling

That depends how we view news.

News is known before release...can see it in price action.

Assuming 3D methodology is sound...then probabilities favour longs anyhow.

Which just leaves stop placement I guess.

as a 3D, the set-up appealed, v.nice PA on 60M

typically though i dont trade at red news, there are sometimes surprises :-0

in this instance my sensible risk management was overridden by your bravado ;) (wink)

Truth now.:)

Did you copy trade...or did you like the set up anyhow?

Attachments

• 2013-03-14_1108.png
    2013-03-14_1108.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 343

Yeah the emergency stop is the amount of money you are prepared to burn, not figurative, but actually burn, that your emergency stop. Case in point, I've just tp at 60 pips on the audjpy but still running the audusd I've moved my stop to lock in 40 pips now it will retrace, it will retrace to about 1.034 and ill be stopped at +40pips but I suffered in New York today and 42 pups on the audusd will bring me to BE for today now I'm happy. There is people that will say let it run and to be fair on a good day I would but its stumbling around a Jan 15 s/r so ill put a order in on the 1.034ish and take my 40pips knowing that even if the floor drops out ill still be 20+ up and I'd it runs it runs, best case it stops me on 40 pips hits my order and I take another 40 - 60 I'm risking +20 pips not - but +20, so your emergency pips stop is yours and yours alone. Make it what you will.
Peace and pips :)

in order to use this method one has to observe the charts the whole day. otherwise signals will be missed. i guess there are no alerts on mt4 that can be sent direct to ones mobile phone.