Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

You're right. It works for me; I'm happier with the results, and yes, it's a more steady return, as you put it, which is what I prefer rather than a string of zeros and losses for the chance of a handful of big wins. Maybe when I am more experienced I can adapt.

Hi SN,

Good points, for myself as I've gained confidence in an approach I've gradually increased my stake (spreadbetting like yourself) by adding an extra trade with the same entry, but using a different exit strategy. Typically now I'll open 3 positions, all at the same entry, but with different exit criteria, it smooths out the peaks and troughs and you get the satisfaction of at least one of them being the right one!

How long have you been trading 3 ducks and how does it compare to other approaches you've used? :)

I have been contemplating doing similar but I would end up rushing to open the 2nd position and make a mistake.

In comparison, if you're only trading one pair, then the calls are not as frequent so I combine it with other methods.

Any particular setups people have their eyes on today? Big news day for £ and $ as well....

I'd be interested to know if anyone went Short on Cable from 06:00 and if so what their entry was as it was a bit choppy across the 5min SMA

Hi folks

I like this system a lot and you can tweak it around with your own exits and entrys.

I went long on E$ at 0845 @ 4737 but I should maybe have waited for the £ news.

Good trading to you all.

Where is everyone?

I'm new to this forum and to fx trading but found this thread and simple but highly effective system very interesting. However over the past few days the thread looks deserted by everyone and most importantly when there's been a few 3 ducks setups on cable, EUR/USB and USD/CAD.
Captain, on which TF do you plot your potential S/R as well as fib levels? Also do you use MACD to ascertain where there's going to be potential reversals? I believe that the use of MACD with your system could be very profitable.
Thanks in advance for any contributions from fellow forumers.

I'm new to this forum and to fx trading but found this thread and simple but highly effective system very interesting. However over the past few days the thread looks deserted by everyone and most importantly when there's been a few 3 ducks setups on cable, EUR/USB and USD/CAD.
Captain, on which TF do you plot your potential S/R as well as fib levels? Also do you use MACD to ascertain where there's going to be potential reversals? I believe that the use of MACD with your system could be very profitable.
Thanks in advance for any contributions from fellow forumers.

Hello Kwesi,

I suspect that most traders who use this system are just working away by themselves :whistling

Some of the answers to the second part of your questions are in my ebook.

Kind Regards,

Hey guys check out NZD/USD currently around 0.8026, 4 hour bar is breaking 60MA Duck, think it might be a good short trade over the next few hours / days

Captain is it possible to get your ebook in pdf format? I seem to have trouble with it in Safari and Internet Explorer just shows a big image when I try to view it. Anyone else have this problem?

Captain is it possible to get your ebook in pdf format? I seem to have trouble with it in Safari and Internet Explorer just shows a big image when I try to view it. Anyone else have this problem?

djl, have a look at the Captain's public profile (y)

OOPS just noticed - look at the link in the first post of this thread - it's there on the right side of the blog -

Hello DJL,

Drop me an email to [email protected] Subject: ebook
and I will send it across to you in pdf format :)

Anybody else who wants a free copy of The 3 Duck's Trading System ebook can do the same.

Kind Regards,

three ducks lining up on eurusd, just watching the 5 minute. though im weary of opening on a rate decision day after a hold.

Hello Portomar,

Seems like cable reacted better to a hold on rates. I'm flat, I didn't take any positions today because of the news/talk out earlier and NFP on Friday.
(not newstalk TV3 style) :cheesy:

Kind regards,

im in the market for a new mobile, was wondering if anyone had any succeses/failures running the mt4 mobile application? im looking at nokia 6120 as here

three ducks system will be even better if i have constant access to charts!

any comments/recommendations welcome. my internet signal on ly 3 mobile is very reliable

Been following this system for a while on (EUR/USD, GBP/JPY, Crude, GBP/USD) and paper trading it, initial results seem pretty promising. Just wondering what pairs other people have been having particular success on and how many pairs most people are monitoring at once?

Hi CC
Am new to trading and love the idea of a simple but effective testable system. Looks like you've got a good one
Can you tell me if it works for other indices e.g. Brent Crude futures, equities etc.
Best regards
a

PS Glad you enjoyed climbing the reek!

Hi CC
Am new to trading and love the idea of a simple but effective testable system. Looks like you've got a good one
Can you tell me if it works for other indices e.g. Brent Crude futures, equities etc.
Best regards
a

PS Glad you enjoyed climbing the reek!

Hello A0nghus,

I thought I had found a quiet little spot to chat with traders but then you a Portomar come in waving the tri colour :p

I can't tell you if it works on BC Futures or equities. :confused:

What I would be confident about is if you were to apply The 3 Ducks to any of the banking share on the ISEQ, all you ducks would be lined up for a sell and you would be cleaning up! Get the banks to pay your mortage for you :D

Sláinte,

Banking shares on ISEQ

Hi CC

As at 12:40pm checked Anglo, AIB and BOI and Anglo seems to be the only one with 3 ducks lined up.

BOI below on 4 hour but above on 1 hour
AIB same

However also got into EURUSD and GBPUSD about 20 mins ago as they seemed to be in line for a buy but i have been stopped out on both ??

Am I doing something wrong??

A