Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

hey captain,
Do you wait for price to close above/below swing high/low or do you buy/sell as soon as it crosses?

My TRO DIGITAL COMPASS would eliminate the need to flip from chart to chart.

Attachments

• __3ducks.gif
    __3ducks.gif
    30.2 KB · Views: 243
Been looking at this thread for a while and looks interesting. However, it's a bit awkward to sit in work with half a dozen plus browser windows open for different currency pairs etc. Can anyone recommend any free charts that can show multiple charts per page? I assume there's no way to automate an alert in any programs? Been using Web Forex Charts - Real-time Data to get a feel for this.
cheers

Been looking at this thread for a while and looks interesting. However, it's a bit awkward to sit in work with half a dozen plus browser windows open for different currency pairs etc. Can anyone recommend any free charts that can show multiple charts per page? I assume there's no way to automate an alert in any programs? Been using Web Forex Charts - Real-time Data to get a feel for this.
cheers

Hi altrade2win, its possible with web forex charts to have quite a few charts open at once depending on monitor size, just detach the chart and resize, minimise the wepage, open another webpage and repeat. I squeezed in nine.

Attachments

• 9charts.JPG
    9charts.JPG
    360.3 KB · Views: 177
2 screens an option 2

cheers

Hi altrade

consider 2 screens for your pc if a stand alone and not a laptop

LM is your man for that to I think :?:

I managed to add a tv/screen for a £100 approx and can not believe it took me so long to get one :clap:

pretty easy to achieve to = no pc problems but do have G-force graphics card which took over the whole install and made sizeing screen etc auto choice etc

Hi altrade2win, its possible with web forex charts to have quite a few charts open at once depending on monitor size, just detach the chart and resize, minimise the wepage, open another webpage and repeat. I squeezed in nine.

Let's hope you don't prefer alt-tabbing. 19 windows!

IMO, Metatrader4 gives a better and net display of the similar multiple chart arrangement.
Click maximize to see the full screen display of any one of the charts, click minimize to return to your clustered chart window.
You can see all real-time price movements simultaneously on one monitor.(y)

IMO, Metatrader4 gives a better and net display of the similar multiple chart arrangement.
Click maximize to see the full screen display of any one of the charts, click minimize to return to your clustered chart window.
You can see all real-time price movements simultaneously on one monitor.(y)

That would be a far better solution if altrade2win is able to download and install software on his work pc, I wouldn't be allowed to do it at my work place ...hanging offence that :eek:

ok, I was right OTT with 9 charts as we only need 3 to follow the ducks, it was just a test I did, 'cos I was curious and posted the screenshot.

Another wheeze would be to take a screenshot of "work" in full flow then save as a desktop background and hey presto the show desktop button is instantly transformed into the "yes, I'm working hard boss" panic button.

(y)

Hi, Don,

I see that you are expressing interest in this system. I wondered if you had done any research on it regarding indices trading.

What time frames would you use, seeing as how the 4 hours is unavailable ( to me, at least) and what averages?

Anyone else have any views?

I find the overnight period area a negative point with regard to these averages, as they are unusable for the first hours of the trading day but, perhaps, I'm wrong about that.

Split

Hi, Don,

I see that you are expressing interest in this system. I wondered if you had done any research on it regarding indices trading.

What time frames would you use, seeing as how the 4 hours is unavailable ( to me, at least) and what averages?

I find the overnight period area a negative point with regard to these averages, as they are unusable for the first hours of the trading day but, perhaps, I'm wrong about that.

Split

I have the 60-SMA on DAX and Dow. and you are right, the MAs get skewed during the morning and evening volatility, and also during overnight drift. however, I find that the indices are more sympathetic to previous days highs and lows, ie, more Sup/Res friendly. only an observation - too scared to trade sup/res.

also, with regards to number of charts, re: SN, I am finding that you only need 2 charts per instrument, as the 4-hr line is unlikely to change multiple times per day.
best to mark the 4-hr line on the hourly, and only watch the hourly and 5-mins intra-day.
and change the 4-hr value at start of day.

hope you have all rated this thread 5-stars.

Hi, Don,

Split

Hi Split

I haven't tested the ducks method properly, as you know I've been busy on my own one. I looked at it briefly when first posted up and fwiw from me I think the captain should be commended for posting and explaining to us a method that looks good, uses sound principles, is simple to follow and by some accounts works, so it ticks my boxes, If I didn't have my own in work, I would be working on this one for sure (y)

not strict Ducks but....... close

That would be a far better solution if altrade2win is able to download and install software on his work pc, I wouldn't be allowed to do it at my work place ...hanging offence that :eek:

ok, I was right OTT with 9 charts as we only need 3 to follow the ducks, it was just a test I did, 'cos I was curious and posted the screenshot.

Another wheeze would be to take a screenshot of "work" in full flow then save as a desktop background and hey presto the show desktop button is instantly transformed into the yes I'm working hard boss panic button.

(y)

Hi, Don,

Split

Hi Don Split

I found that the 100 ema works well on 1 hr 15 min and 3 min

overnight drift with sbs (the little bars they mark overnight I guess your talking about)

The 100 ema = the above timeframes always seemed to work fine for me on ftse Dow, I no you were concerned some time back Split that 100ema was a little large but.....

they seem to work fine, I had no problems anyway useing them as a rough compass to make sure I new if I was batting against the big ones (I did use 4 hr) I sort of classified a trade by how many were on my side upon entry at pre- ambush spots

Pdh pdl open hr range h open hour range low pwh pwl etc

The 100ema on the 3 min on its own is very reliable in my experience, 3 and 15 on your side and you will not go far wrong provided you do not run after market looking for entries

worked for me anyway, combined with rsi with a 50 centre line marked, odd check for a little divergence /overbought/oversold etc and you have a well workable basic method to build on

I did use a 20sma to judge price dislocation from average (usefull if approaching a judged hot spot for exit entry IMO)

I guess the no trade rule in the 1st hr of mine helps with allowing averages to settle to and cuts down on choppy action associated with my instruments at least.

good luck all:clover:

As I see it for the 100. U=Uptrend and D=Downtrend Time 1026.

For the Footsie 60'D 30D 15U 10U 3U

Using the 60 av. 60D 30D 15U 10U 3U

But they are, still, all affected by the overnight period and I can't see what logical data to extract from this, so I have come to the conclusion that this is only good for Forex.

Split

As I see it for the 100. U=Uptrend and D=Downtrend Time 1026.

For the Footsie 60'D 30D 15U 10U 3U

Using the 60 av. 60D 30D 15U 10U 3U

But they are, still, all affected by the overnight period and I can't see what logical data to extract from this, so I have come to the conclusion that this is only good for Forex.

Split

Hi Split

ye I no what you mean, I dont trade the ducks for entry or the rsi or the macd slow line or whatever but have found in the past that they are good tools to see how trades going.

I used to look at them and price location to them at a good entry locations, sort of like your trendlines split, just to keep the ship on course so to speak.

worked for me anyway when I was with sbs, still does, don"t really look at them anymore (scalping)but still have the 100ema on my 2 and 10 min

anyway good luck, Ill clear off because:eek:fftopic: its a forex thread :eek: