Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Hello everybody.

Really interesting system. It will be even more simpler if we can see indicators to show the 3 ducks. I am sure there is a way to code it.

Hello everybody.

Really interesting system. It will be even more simpler if we can see indicators to show the 3 ducks. I am sure there is a way to code it.
Stop looking for magic indicators......this system works fine as it is.But you could start another thread if you wish to deviate from the original as per the OP.

Hi Captain,

I never received your Free e-book?

Sorry to hear that!

A few don't make it for "technical reasons" or they get “bounced”. Rest assured the Capt'n will always do his best to blast your e-Book over to you.

Let’s try and get you sorted super fast.

1. Just check your spam folder, sometimes e-Books can go there.

2. If its not there just follow the instructions on The Captain Currency blog.

3. Make sure you send it to the correct address.

4. Your subject line must say: e-Book otherwise it won’t make it.

Andy
Captain Currency

forumimage.png

Morning, I re-entered short into Eur.Usd early this morning on a break of the hourly low as shown in the chart below.

As it's NFP Friday I am just going to tighten the stop to breakeven and close the charts. Off to Copenhagen for a day/night out.

Have a good weekend.

Nigel

Hi Everyone,

This trade has worked out well so far, up some 90 pips at the close.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a retrace on Monday, but unless I see some real bull strength I am going to hold onto this trade. Bull strength for me would mean them overcoming the 1.29 level. Because I have only "spent" 8 pips on this trade, with one small loser last Thursday, and with my stop currently at breakeven, I am comfortable enough to allow this trade some time to see if the bears can sustain another move to the downside.

I constantly am weighing my risk versus reward in head - what is my risk, which I always want to be defined and fixed, versus potential reward. Right now my risk is 8 pips. As far as reward is concerned, it seems to me that the bears are in control for now and the 4 hour SMA is pointing to the downside. Consequently it makes no sense, from a risk v reward perspective, to close this trade at this point.

It may well be that the bulls come back with a vengeance on Monday morning - if they do I will reassess my options. However, my worst case scenario is that I am down 8 pips - a price I am very much willing to pay to be in with a shout of taking advantage of some more downside if it materialises.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Good trading

Nigel

Attachments

• eurusd4.png
    eurusd4.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 513
  • eurusd1.png
    eurusd1.png
    65 KB · Views: 354
Hi Everyone,

The short Euro trade I'm in fell some more today and it seems as though the 4 hour trend is now firmly in place.

Provided price continues to move to the downside I will be looking now for opportunities to leverage my floating gains by adding further short positions, should valid 3 ducks opportunities present themselves.

The US election tomorrow and into Wednesday will probably provoke some volatility in the markets. If there is a retrace I will be excited about the possibility of getting the opportunity to add further positions in the direction of the trend at better prices.

It's never nice seeing the floating gain get smaller as price retraces against you - and sometimes the trend does reverse and you have to forgo a significant amount of your floating gains. But that's far outweighed by the occasions on which a retrace allows you to get another position open in the direction of the trend, and the trend then continues, which means your gains are then accumulating at twice the rate they originally were.

Whatever happens, my job is always the same, make the entries in accordance with the rules - and try to keep the losers as small as possible and the winners as big as possible. The market does the rest, for better or worse.

Good trading.

Nigel

Attachments

• eurusd4hour.png
    eurusd4hour.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
How do you decide which pair to trade?
M$M

Hi million$man,

I can't speak for other traders, but for me, I think over time I have just become better at selecting pairs through practice. I have probably studied hundreds, if not thousands, of set ups over the last few years. When I look at a chart now, I am looking through a completely different set of eyes than I was when I was starting out.

If you wanted to improve your pair selection, I'd recommend scrolling back through the charts and picking out 3 Ducks trades that worked out well and also 3 Ducks trades that didn't work well. Study what they look like on all three timeframes. You will soon get your own feel for what works for you.

Good trading,

Nigel

Hi, thanks for all the 3 duck info Guys and especially Capt C...

are there any 3 duck trades being entered into at the mo that we can all follow,

i am sure newbies, like me, would welcome a live duck hunt...!!!

post away

cheers

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for all the 3 duck info Guys and especially Capt C...

are there any 3 duck trades being entered into at the mo that we can all follow,

i am sure newbies, like me, would welcome a live duck hunt...!!!

post away

cheers

Hi stephensteve, I try to do live duck hunts here from time to time. I'm still in a short Eur.Usd trade that I posted here last Friday.

If I am at my screen when trades trigger I'll try to log in here and show what I am doing. Hopefully that will be of some use to you.

Good luck with your trading.

Nigel

"just" 120 pips on the A/U Cap ?

jees you are slipping....you better feed those 3 ducks some more bread :LOL:

and the AUD has got its nose in front now on my Q4 strongest currency Poll so good call....hope it lasts for you

N

Hi stephensteve, I try to do live duck hunts here from time to time. I'm still in a short Eur.Usd trade that I posted here last Friday.

If I am at my screen when trades trigger I'll try to log in here and show what I am doing. Hopefully that will be of some use to you.

Good luck with your trading.

Nigel

Yes, thanks Nigel P, that is just the sort of thing I need, looking forward to it

cheers, Steve

I have been looking for an entry system. This 3 ducks is an excellent proto-concept that immediately appealed to me as I can see the rational behind it. Thanks Cap'n.