Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Safe trading to all the Duck Hunters for the week ahead,

A busy week ahead with important news releases due out and a lot of the big traders are sitting on their hands and not taking a position until they see what the news is.

Also this Wednesday is the 4th of July so a holiday for our American trading Buddies (y)

News Duck Hunters should be mindful of this week are;
1. Mind yourself with the Eur and Gbp pairs because there will be a rate statement out for these pairs on Thursday.

2. Mind yourself with all pairs this Friday because the Non-Farm Payrolls figures will be released.

3 Ducks - When Not to Take a Trade - YouTube

Andy

First trade for July and it was a quacker with a 3R TP hit.
EURAUD with clear trending (I've been watching it as seen from previous posts).

(Own market knowledge -- saw price on route to a fib extension on the daily).
Was playing for the H4 low breakout (duck lined up).
Used H1 S/R as SL (duck lined up).
Entered 5min break around London open (duck lined up and level close to H4 breakout level).

Logical Entry, SL (adjusted for spread) and Target (adjusted for spread) made for a 1:3RR (20pips:60pips) (2%:6%) trade.

Attachments

• euraud-120702-h4.gif
    euraud-120702-h4.gif
    20 KB · Views: 235
  • euraud-120702-h1.gif
    euraud-120702-h1.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 233
  • euraud-120702-m5.gif
    euraud-120702-m5.gif
    22.2 KB · Views: 204
  • euraud-120702-d1.gif
    euraud-120702-d1.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 199
Thought for today
Some of your best trading months will be when you didn’t take that risky trade.

Don’t be the “Hairy Trader” this July
1. Don’t trade the 3 Ducks this Thursday on any of Eur and Gbp pairs. Reason is this Thursday the ECB and the Bank of England release their Interest Rate Statements and thing can get a bit hairy.

2. Don’t trade the 3 Ducks this Friday on any pairs. This Friday the Non Farm Payrolls are due to be released and thing can get very hairy.

3. It’s also a holiday in the USA today - Independence Day and things may be hairy or even hairless, so trade with caution.

(Definition of Hairy Trader; risky, dangerous)

Safe Trading,
Andy

Attachments

• Hairy Trader 4.7.12.jpg
    Hairy Trader 4.7.12.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 200
Good morning Duck Hunters,

If you fancy trading with the wind at your back and having a dabble with your Ducks over the next 48-72 hours, two decent pairs worth watching are;

1. Eur.Usd
2. Eur.Gbp

The Euro is getting bullied out there and is under selling pressure once again …. your Ducks favor shorts on the Eur.Usd (selling the Euro) and shorts on the Eur.Gbp (selling the Euro).

All bets are off
For me all short bets would be off the table on Eur.Usd if we get a break and hold above the 1.2333 area in the coming days.

Stop-Losses and Profit Targets
The 3 Ducks is a discretionary approach and stop-losses and profit targets are going to be up to you, your choice.

Keep the wind at your back,
Andy

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.

Attachments

• Eur.Usd 11.7.12.jpg
    Eur.Usd 11.7.12.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 197
Keep it Simple this week Duck Hunters,

The Euro is under selling pressure again and your Ducks favor selling Euro on;

1. Eur.Usd

2. Eur.Gbp

. Eur.Jpy

Andy

J.Lew Jesse please send me a private message here becuase there seems to be a problem with your e-mail and mine.

Thanks,
Andy

Hello Duck Hunters,

Blowing Lower
If you fancy having a Dabble with your Ducks (even on a demo account) over the next 48-72 hours then Eur.Gbp could be worth a look. This pair has been blowing lower since the start of June. Granted it’s not the most glamorous pair to be trading but when it’s in a trend it can turn a nice profit for a tight enough stop-loss if you are trading with the 3 Ducks and the wind at your back.

All bets are off
For me all short bets would be off the table on Eur.Gbp if we get a break and hold above the 0.7912 area in the coming days - see attached chart

Stop-Losses and Profit Targets
The 3 Ducks is a discretionary approach and stop-losses and profit targets are going to be up to you, your choice.

Hope you Catch a Gust of Pips,
Andy

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

Attachments

• Eur.Gbp 18.7.12.jpg
    Eur.Gbp 18.7.12.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 277
Hello Duck Hunters,

Olympic Gold Medal for Traders
If you fancy going for Olympic Gold and scoring a winning 3 Ducks trade over the next 48-72 hours then Aud.Usd could be worth a look. Your Ducks favor longs (buys) on this pair when they all line up and this pair has been swinging higher over the last few weeks.

All bets are off
For me all potential long trade set-ups and bullish interest would be off the table if we get a break and hold below the 1.0450 area in the coming days – see chart for a closer look

Tip
Retracements and Pullback will be a natural part of any trend. Don’t flip from been Bullish to Bearish just because of a current or recent pullback.

Get yourself into a winning trade,
Andy

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.

Attachments

• Aud.Usd 8.8.12.jpg
    Aud.Usd 8.8.12.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 263
Greeting Fight Fans,

Bashing Bulls is the name of the game recently over on Usd.Cad and your Ducks favor been Bearish and looking for sells on this pair when they all line up.

It could be worth a bash for 3 reasons;

1. Aggressive Sellers, bullish pullbacks have been getting sold back down fairly quickly.

2. This pair has been swinging lower over the last few months.

3. You are trading with the wind at your back, trading with the trend, the odds are in your favor.

Good trading to you for the week ahead,
Andy

Attachments

• Usd.Cad 13.8.12.jpg
    Usd.Cad 13.8.12.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 207
Long CAD Futures (from Camarilla Weekly Pivot S3)

:)

You're just a Hard Core Trader!

Usd.Cad
A bit neutral on that pair for the moment.

Eur.Usd
Eur.Usd is the pair that is taking all the glory and the pips at the moment and your Ducks favor longs (buys) on this pair when they all line up.

Andy,
Captain Currency

Attachments

• Usd.Cad 23.8.12.jpg
    Usd.Cad 23.8.12.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 183
I shorted this the other day, and got my @ss handed to me :-(

It had been flat as a pancake, very 50/50 for the past 2 week, only really got a clear direction in the last few days.

Would defo prefer to be trading with the wind against my back and looking for the buying ops if/when our Ducks line up.

1st Duck defo favors longs (buys) on Eur.Usd at moment.

Andy
Captain Currency

Bad week on the ducks for me,after Spot Silver bailing me out on Monday I should've quit for the week.
Got into a silly obsession with U/cad early on and very little else went right.

Roll on next week and maybe a bit more caution.

Greeting Duck Hunters,

Video
If you are like me and prefer to see it rather than reading about it, you can now watch the short video (1 min 38 sec) 3 Ducks | Eur.Usd

3 Ducks | Eur.Usd - YouTube

Eur.Usd
If you fancy following your Ducks and putting the odds in your favor over the next 48-72 hours then Eur.Usd could be well worth a look for 2 reasons;

1. Eur.Usd has been in a decent up trend since it broke out above the 1.2400 area over a week ago and our 1st Duck only favors longs (buys) at the moment.

2. The Euro is stronger than its neighbour the Gbp at the moment, so I would much prefer to be buying the stronger pair; Eur.Usd rather than buying Gbp.Usd.

Here is the deal
What we need to see over the next few sessions is our 3 ducks lining up in the same direction on the 4hr, 1hr and 5 min chart to confirm a long entry.

All bets are off
For me all potential long trade set-ups and bullish interest would be off the table if we get a break and hold below the 1.2450 area in the coming days.

Bonus
The types of trades you will be taking with the 3 Ducks approach will be momentum trades in the direction of the 4 hour trend. Trading in the direction of the 4 hour trend or trading with the wind at your back can be very profitable.

I hope you can make some money with this 3 Ducks trade idea

Andy
Captain Currency

Hello Duck Hunters,

A Bit of Trading Wisdom ...
Every now and again trade with care and "save" yourself 20 pips becuase it all end up on your BOTTOM LINE at the end each month.

NFP FRIDAY!
Trade with care this week espically on Friday as it's NFP FRIDAY (The Graveyard For Pips) :cry:

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• fb.jpg
    fb.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 158
Good trading to you for the week ahead Duck Hunters.

Ducks Bearish on Usd.Cad
Usd.Cad could be well worth a look over the next few sessions. It is grinding lower and the bears have not been this low since September last year and that’s a good bearish sign. Your 1st Duck favors sell (shorts) on this pair.

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• Usd.Cad 10.9,12.jpg
    Usd.Cad 10.9,12.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 185