Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

thanks for the help. :)

just tried to open the alpari account but its not working on the mac!

i couldn't be a pain and ask if you know any system that run on a mac?

Macs are not good for trading almost most if not all things related to trading are done on PC platforms, i heard people get a windows emulator or something for mac, but if i want to trade i wouldnt mess about just make myself a decent PC.

(Sorry for continuation of thread hijack)

Macs are not good for trading almost most if not all things related to trading are done on PC platforms, i heard people get a windows emulator or something for mac, but if i want to trade i wouldnt mess about just make myself a decent PC.

Hmm not sure about that statement, I agree pcs are preferrable and esp if you are specifically talking about DMA, but SB platforms work fine on macs. They work ok on iphones also.

Not a great thread but related chat:

Forums - Will PC trading software migrate to ipad?

Personally I just could not touch-screen trade. Wld have to be keyboard / mouse period.

Last edited:
thanks for the help. :)

just tried to open the alpari account but its not working on the mac!

i couldn't be a pain and ask if you know any system that run on a mac?

Hi Tradeguy, I've got a mac, I used to run a copy of windows on it through a piece of software called parallels. No mac version of MT4 unfortunately so I was sort of forced into it. I found parallels to cause quite a few problems, eventually culminating in crashing the whole thing, requiring a reinstall of the operating system. I wasn't really a "backing up" type of person before that happened - I am now!

So needless to say, I wouldn't recommend parallels. Right now I just have MT4 on a laptop running next to me and I have my broker software running on the mac. I never got around to linking mt4 with my broker, I might actually look into that.

I also have netdania.com opened all the time, it's a great website for charts. They do a great app for the iPad too. Freestockcharts.com is good too. It's all just a matter of what you are used to and what you are comfortable with.

Good trading

Nigel

Hi Tradeguy, I've got a mac, I used to run a copy of windows on it through a piece of software called parallels. No mac version of MT4 unfortunately so I was sort of forced into it. I found parallels to cause quite a few problems, eventually culminating in crashing the whole thing, requiring a reinstall of the operating system. I wasn't really a "backing up" type of person before that happened - I am now!

So needless to say, I wouldn't recommend parallels. Right now I just have MT4 on a laptop running next to me and I have my broker software running on the mac. I never got around to linking mt4 with my broker, I might actually look into that.

I also have netdania.com opened all the time, it's a great website for charts. They do a great app for the iPad too. Freestockcharts.com is good too. It's all just a matter of what you are used to and what you are comfortable with.

Good trading

Nigel

Actually, now that I think about it, I could probably do without mt4 completely if I just broke the habit! Netdania has a 60 sma, and that's all you need!

Greetings Duck Hunters,

The Euro is Alive and Breathing – Well, Just About
The Euro has been let up for a breather today and we are seeing some pullback on the Eur pairs. Pullbacks are going to be a natural part of the trend, they are nothing to be afraid of or we don't start going bullish just because there is a pullback within a down trend.

In The Coming Days
Keep your eyes on Eur pairs over the next few days because your 3 Ducks still favour selling when they line up on:
1. Eur.Usd
2. Eur.Gbp
3. Eur.Jpy

Risk versus Reward – A Bite at 2.1
Sometimes with our 3 Ducks trades its about taking small bites out of a currency pair at a good risk versus reward ratio.

Risk versus Reward - A Bite at 2.1 - YouTube

Best wishes with your 3 Ducks Trading,

Andy

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.

Good Trading To You All For The Week Ahead.

Aud.Usd is well worth trading over the next few days, your 3 Ducks favor shorts on this pair.

Andy

Attachments

• Aud.Usd 21 May 2012.jpg
    Aud.Usd 21 May 2012.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 193
Damn right about that 9900 level. Apart from being the magic round number, it’s also has the weekly pivot and Friday’s high all within 10 pips of it. Plus, it also has the super secret FLU-T at 98445 which is by my calculation pretty much bang on where your duckies line up.

What’s making me think I don’t fancy it right now is the fact it’s the wrong side of today’s open and has slid apparently effortlessly through a bunch of minor potential Resistance at 9860/70.

If it gets below 9830 I’ll also be looking to get in again, and you’ll be 20 pips+ ahead of me….

Damn right about that 9900 level. Apart from being the magic round number, it’s also has the weekly pivot and Friday’s high all within 10 pips of it. Plus, it also has the super secret FLU-T at 98445 which is by my calculation pretty much bang on where your duckies line up.

What’s making me think I don’t fancy it right now is the fact it’s the wrong side of today’s open and has slid apparently effortlessly through a bunch of minor potential Resistance at 9860/70.

If it gets below 9830 I’ll also be looking to get in again, and you’ll be 20 pips+ ahead of me….

as long as the Dow is falling AUDUSD is my 100% recommended sell pair......its not got the drama of the Euro or indeed the GBP so its the easier sell play during London and US trading (y)

Attachments

• selling the aussie twins.jpg
    selling the aussie twins.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 168
Why not also consider A/J?

It's in the same bucket and could be treated similarly, but right at this moment, even though jpy is artificially cheap/weak the fact this pair hasn't risen more than it has is an indication that the big money is still in yen.

The growth attributed to reconstruction after the tsunami will take a while to be fully discounted in the longer term fundamentals. In the interim and for short-term trading, it’s still a Short, with Bull pullbacks.

Hi traders,

I love this 3 ducks trading methodology.

I think there is a potential trade in gold. Buy above 1600. Stop 1580. Take profit 1660.

Attachments

• xau_3ducks.gif
    xau_3ducks.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 193
Is GBP/CHF a valid 3 ducks sell. Or there is some technical aspect that I am missing?

Attachments

• 3 ducks gbpchf 22-5-12.gif
    3 ducks gbpchf 22-5-12.gif
    31.4 KB · Views: 188