Thanks dante

Status
Not open for further replies.
An informant tells me James16 was subscribing to signals no less than 4 years ago and James16 also was dishing out signals to a group of people and miraculously managed to have 50 losing trades in a row.

Perhaps this is why he's been in the business for 28 years.

Obviously if you don't make a fortune the second you start trading it's impossible to ever become proficient.

If i am alowed to do it, i may also say that Dante gaved me many powerfull tips when i started into these field, so i guess its good to learn to say Thanks.:smart:

Its not my intention to get involved here but i saw this and i wanted to say thanks.

After 28 years in this business i can tell you its full of bad people. sorry thats just the truth. Its not often i see this kind of integrity and honesty.

For years i have had people tell me about how this TD says thanks for the little i was able to do for him.

Well here is my thanks to you.

i couldnt quote this because its in a closed thread so i am just copying and pasting it.

looks like a nice place around here. maybe i will stop in from time to time.

Thank you sir,

james16

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok the last thing that needs to be done before I start is to credit everyone that helped me along the path.

First and foremost is the james16 Chart Thread over at Forex Factory. This man did more for my trading than any source I have come across in seven years. There is a huge amount of free information in his thread which taught me the fundamentals of price action and how to trade it profitably. There is also a private forum which is a paying service for subscribers. I am not here to sell that but I would like to say that I am a member and it an absolutely incredible source for all traders and an excellent value for money. There are systems and ideas on price action, money management and trading psychology in that forum that have turned many traders around. They will not be revealed here.

Secondly I would like to give credit to Phi Nell who also posts over on Forex Factory. He has several strategies that have gained a good following but I refer to his strategy called the "5m intraday system" which is the foundation of my EMA system. I have made some minor changes to it and of course trade it on the longer timeframes but credit for the idea must go to him. Since this is an actual system I have asked Phil Nel's permission to refer to it. This was his reply: "I have no problem with that. We are here to help people to gain success. You have my full permission and good luck with it. You can add this notes to the thread so that people can see you have my blessing on it - Phillip".

So I have taken these works and then added something discretionary to it. In short, I have combined them with my own experience in the market which has been fairly extensive spanning seven years.

I have done a lot of reading in that time. Some of the key books which have given me ideas / beliefs (and perhaps most importantly the peseverance to pursue this despite years of difficulty) are, in no particular order:

How I made $2,000,000 in the stock market - Nicolas Darvas
Market Wizards - Jack D. Schwager
The New Market Wizards - Jack D. Schwager
Stock Market Wizards - Jack D. Schwager
Bulls, Bears, & Brains - Adam Leitzes and Joshua Solan
Trend Following: How great traders make millions in up or down markets - Michael W. Covel
Technical Trading Online - Jerold Roth
High Probability Trading - Marcel Link
Reminiscences Of A Stock Operator - Edwin Lefevre
Jesse Livermore: World's Greatest Stock Trader - Richard Smitten
How To Trade In Stocks - Jesse Livermore
Extraordinary Popular Delusions And The Madness Of Crowds - Charles Mackay

I would recommend these to all traders from amateur to highly experienced. I am a strong believer in keeping things simple and as a result I still read books that teach the basics even though I have now been doing this a long time.

I have found that most books, even if they are aimed at the beginner will often teach you something new. It may be that little piece of information or thought process that it sets off, that will take you down a new path that could lead to profitability.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, they do.

I´ve been in these bussines for some years, not so many, and it was hard, so hard for me to become profitable for many reasons you can clearly understand, and now i do, what i did was to learn as much as i could, to make questions, to read, to research, to practice at demo accounts and actually i can say i am profitable, for newbies it is easier to pay for signals and information service instead to make a time, effort and money investment. It is their choice, what i can say, because that is what i have seen, is that most of those information services work, nothing outstanding but what they do is to save a lot of money in loses to newbies or lazy traders.:sleep:

people pay for a signal service on pin bars..? LOL

is the witch hunt some kind of t2w innitiation ceremony that i'm not aware of? Is it to test J16's resolve to see if he will stick around regardless.

Or do we just prefer the company of the likes of Depth trade and the Rumpled One to someone who likes to teach about price action.

So what if he also offers a signal service

I don't see what the problem is.

is the witch hunt some kind of t2w innitiation ceremony that i'm not aware of? Is it to test J16's resolve to see if he will stick around regardless.

Or do we just prefer the company of the likes of Depth trade and the Rumpled One to someone who likes to teach about price action.

Problem is there is a lot of competition in that area of the business.

me neither, some are being very uncharitable imo. oh well the same faces will be probably complaining in another thread at some point in the future over the lack of content i guess.

There are a few people on here who post very good stuff and also have a signal service, but they don't solicit clients in those posts, they just post. That seems to be what happens over on FF with J16.

Go read Mr Charts thread, plenty of good stuff for free there and he's got a signal service. (Not meant as a dig at Richard). Lets wait and see what/ if James does on this forum and then judge him on that. Hardly seen a complaint against him on FF so why are we ou to get him.

Maybe he should offer to trade a few ££ into millions then could all welcome him with open arms.

Call me cynical but let's think this through....Get person from T2W that is established and respected amongst his followers of his pin bar thread. Then get him to plug your private forum whilst not plugging it. So now James gets to advertise his forum, indirectly by recommendation of TD on T2W without getting banned for advertising a service you have to pay for.

"There is also a private forum which is a paying service for subscribers. I am not here to sell that but I would like to say that I am a member and it an absolutely incredible source for all traders and an excellent value for money."

Call me cynical but let's think this through....Get person from T2W that is established and respected amongst his followers of his pin bar thread. Then get him to plug your private forum whilst not plugging it. So now James gets to advertise his forum, indirectly by recommendation of TD on T2W without getting banned for advertising a service you have to pay for.

"There is also a private forum which is a paying service for subscribers. I am not here to sell that but I would like to say that I am a member and it an absolutely incredible source for all traders and an excellent value for money."

That was my thoughts exactly, being the insomniac that i am, i saw this when it was first posted at 5am. I flagged it immediately as advertising/self promotion for a paid service. Seemed pretty blatant to me.

Both have said that you don't need the PF - that the only difference is there is less noise and slightly more personal attention than you'd get on a 1000+ page thread.

Fact is that he has helped a lot of people and has always been open to helping people, as opposed to constant whining and instant 'I'm breaking my rules here' claims whenever, heaven forbid, a trade is discussed. Also, someone that lied about his P/L statements at a job interview has no place denigrating people for being honest about the lack of success they faced early in their careers.

If someone's going to pay for a subscription site then they'll subscribe to one whether it's on here or not. I'm sure they'd get a lot more from James and a few others on here who provide this sort of thing than from most of the old sh-t that get's posted on here ...MY superspiderfx ea will make £££££ etc.

Wait and see, and really if someone spends a lot of their time posting useful content on here then where's the harm in them having a link to their private site ( providing it's not a scam) mutually benificial for all concerned i'd say.

Well that's for T2W to decide and give him a vendor status authorising him to sell his service. Till then, he's just as legitimate as any other random person coming on plugging some paid site and they would get banned.

I can never get my head around sites or chatrooms that ask money or pay to get a signal services, when there is so much quality information available for free. This isn't meant to reflect bad on James16 or anyone in particular, it's just an objective observation.

There is a public forum on another site which is free for anyone. Each day levels, scenarios and trades are planned out in advance. It tells you what people are looking at and what they will do. It's an incredible resource for all traders, and excellent value for FREE. It's what one would call "trading in foresight". Real people, real trades, real analysis. I've yet to see anything that comes remotely close, and that's for free.

Fair, but the original J16 is free and still extremely active. Everyone that seems othave paid for the private forum seems to have done so to find somewhere less active, which is achieved by making it a paying service. Also, membership is only paid for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.