techberry.online take my money

rightthewrong

I attempted to withdraw my trading…

I attempted to withdraw my trading profits from techberry online almost one year ago. The first withdrawal had gone through relatively easily but when I attempted the second withdrawal the problems began.

After 9 days of nil action l was told my account had been suspended re suspicion of money laundering as I wanted the funds sent to my new bank account in Georgia. I had opened the account in Georgia because I was living there at the time, and funds could be transferred into the account directly in USD without incurring FX conversion fees.

Additionally, nowhere in their Terms of Service does it state that funds withdrawn form your account must go back to the same account from which the opening deposit originated. This stipulation was made by TB after my request to send funds to Georgia was made. If it was stated in the Terms, I would not have made the request. I made the request as I believed I had legitimate reasons to do so.

Upon this notification from TB, I immediately sent proof to TB showing that the original funds came from a clean source (37 years of savings with a Police Financial Services Institution).

Collins Dictionary:

Money laundering is the crime of processing stolen money through a legitimate business or sending it abroad to a foreign bank, to hide the fact that the money was illegally obtained.

Thus, the prime factor in any money laundering investigation is to determine are the original funds illegally obtained?

If not, the charges/accusations are without foundation and proceed no further.

Having a bank account in Georgia is not proof of money laundering.

Several million Georgians have an account with the same bank as I had.

You must first and foremost determine that the funds are illegally obtained.

In the countless emails I sent to TB proving that the funds were in fact “clean”, they were all ignored. The actual, indisputable facts of the matter were never acknowledged by TB. Throughout this 12 month period (apart from when they blocked my emails) TB have maintained the narrative of money laundering purely on the basis of opening an account in Georgia ,whilst ignoring the facts surrounding the origin of the funds.
Shortly after posting my first review of TB on various platforms (including TrustPilot) I received an email from TB stating that if I did not remove the posts my account would be “deactivated” as it was deemed defamatory by TB. Firstly, it wasn’t defamatory as all issues raised could be verified with emails. Secondly, I did not care if my account closed with TB – but at the time I did not realise that this would also involve TB stealing my money.

Collins dictionary-

steal (v)

If you steal something from someone, you take it away from them without their permission and without intending to return it

I had absolutely no intention of removing my posts, and l strongly objected to such intimidation and bullying.

Following TB’s email, I informed them (twice) that I wanted to close my account irrespective of their decision.

Neither of these emails received any response from TB.

The few emails received from TB ( including threatening impending criminal charges for money laundering) were always signed with a generic “Techberry Team”.
No direct person was nominated as being responsible for Techberry’s actions.

I received no assistance from my ‘personal account manager’, despite direct requests. The irony of this is that one of the initial “attractions” of TB was that they offered a personal account manager and at the time I thought it would be great to have in the event of any problems. In the end it was a waste of time.

Additionally, I emailed several members listed on the “executive team” list explaining the source of original funds and my reasons for opening a Georgian bank account – again with no response whatsoever.

Also of concern at the time was that several emails received from TB had spelling errors (including the company’s name) and grammar problems, and one responding to an account number very different from mine and appeared to be possibly a cut and paste generic response. Such errors are recognised by anti-scamming agencies as classic red flags.

In addition, I requested 4 times for someone, including their anonymous “compliance officer” to phone me directly.
Twice I made the request through their “support ticket” system, and twice by direct email.

No phone call, or acknowledgement of my request for a phone call was ever received.

Nowhere in their Terms of Service does it say if they close your account they take all your funds as well. Since this has occurred they have included some penalties if the
In addition, I would also like to point out that when I last checked nowhere on their website does it state that any monies deposited with them are tied up for 12 months – the reality is you cannot access your deposit at all during that 12 months.. Only withdrawal profits. I only found out about this after my account was opened.

My dissatisfaction with TB has been immense. Their failure at several stages to examine, or even acknowledge receipt of, critical material supplied by myself re the origins of the original funds has created immense stress, dissatisfaction and disillusionment with their company as a whole.

This is the first time I have posted anything online about ANY company, internationally or locally, and I have done so as a form of reference for anyone considering sending money to TB.

I would like to point oit to the reader that under the new Terms of Service, TB can close your account for any reason they see fit, without any eveidence, block any corrospondence and walkaway with all of your money. They say there will be penalties - my penalty for negative reviews was to take ALL my money.

In addition, I would also like to point out that when I last checked nowhere on their website does it state that any monies deposited with them are tied up for 12 months – the reality is you cannot access your deposit at all during that 12 months.. Only withdrawal profits. I only found out about this after my account was opened.

My dissatisfaction with TB has been immense. Their failure at several stages to examine, or even acknowledge receipt of, critical material supplied by myself re the origins of the original funds has created immense stress, dissatisfaction and disillusionment with their company as a whole.

This is the first time I have posted anything online about ANY company, internationally or locally, and I have done so as a form of reference for anyone considering sending money to TB.

Further discussion of this issue can also be found on forexpeacearmy.com

Update-2023

Nil money has been returned to date, and nil correspondence has been received from techberry since account closure, despite 2 emails having been sent.

Report of misconduct now filed with Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).

Report filed with fraud department of originating bank in Australia.
Report filed with Australian Cyber Security Centre/Australian Federal Police
Report filed with The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) Scam Watch

Since filing the above reports with Australian authorities the Sydney office of Techberry has now closed.

Excerpt from moneysmart.gov.au , an Australian government website:
“Fake investment trading – they use real investment trading platforms to set up fake accounts. Then they offer to trade on your behalf. Once you deposit your money it’s gone for good.”

Some 16 weeks on since account closure, no money, no correspondence from Techberry.

Don't become their next victim.

Be aware that the company sponsored link provided in these reviews has been changed to techberry-online , not the correct company which is techberry.online which may confuse some readers. I have notified trustpilot and their Integrity Team are investigating.

Approximately 7 months ago, due to TB’s ongoing refusal to return any of my funds and blocking all correspondence from me, I sought assistance from a debt collection/legal recovery firm based in London.

They sent a Letter of Demand to TB’s listed head office address in Munich. However, it was returned as undeliverable, as TB were not known at that address. The letter was officially tracked by the courier, and the reason for non-delivery stated in a officially approved document.

Upon learning this , I decided to increase my efforts to recover my money and engaged the legal services of Goldman Iman Goldberg (GIG) Inc. to pursue TB.

GIG were able to make contact over the past several months with representatives from TB, but TB were insistent that all online posts were to be removed before the matter could potentially be resolved. I agreed to, but a review in Forexpeacearmy.com(FPA) could not be removed without direct intervention by FPA themselves. This they finally agreed to, being a temporary removal of the post.

Once this was achieved , TB said that before funds could be released I had to sign a hand written document outlining why I wanted the money paid to a Georgian account. All the information they wanted had been supplied almost 12 months earlier – but now it had to be handwritten. Furthermore, I pointed out yet again the origin of the source of funds used in the opening deposit , and yet again this extremely important fact was neither acknowledged or responded to .

I also stated I did not want the funds transferred to the Georgian account , but rather to my original account.

This was ignored and the narrative from TB continued re the “money laundering”.

The handwritten documents were supplied , and now TB said the documents had been forwarded to “requesting/ relevant” parties and were awaiting a response or similar. I queried directly with TB who were these anonymous parties, as I had not been contacted in anyway by ANY law/financial authority in the intervening 12 months.

I was extremely easy to trace/contact if any authority needed to.

When I questioned this, and other issues raised in their second last email, TB rather than answering the questions posed, responded with a final email stating they had …. “…grown weary of (my) unfounded accusations. Proceed to legal recourse, allowing the judicial process to determine the legality of each party's actions.”

And with this, yet again TB ceased all communication.

Throughout the past 5-6 weeks the administrators at FPA have also made contact with TB pointing out the illegal nature of their actions and strongly urging them to return my funds. Despite several promises to the contrary, this did not materialise.

We are now proceeding with both civil and criminal matters, and I strongly urge anybody that has had a similar experience with TB to contact Goldman Iman Goldberg attorneys based in Houston, Texas USA.

Further posts forthcoming..

Date of experience: May 31, 2023