Larry Williams seminar London

Mr No-Stops..
:)

ive heard he is a good performer.. BUT the guys on Elitetrader (for what they are worth) are not so sure on the practicalities of his methods....

The Baptist, I'm really not sure what to make of this guy. All I know for sure is that he'll make lot of money over the week end at a cost of £1640 per person. I'd be interested to know how you get on with it.
Cheers, Tuffty.

Tuffty. I have corresponded with him before and he struck me as straight and has a number of astonishing results that are statistically to immense to be chance.

I will tell you if I learnt anything and will be surpised if I don't get me monies worth.
TB

Would actually be very interested to hear about this. I hope it goes well and that you enjoy it. I've liked a couple of his books and firmly agree with his views about "psychology" in trading. To be honest, the price put me off a bit. If it had been more like £500 or £600 for the 2 days, I'd probably have gone; but I thought £1600 was just a bit too high for something that promised to be interesting and probably entertaining but maybe not much more than that. I may have made a mistake, of course. :)

Roberto said:
Would actually be very interested to hear about this. I hope it goes well and that you enjoy it. I've liked a couple of his books and firmly agree with his views about "psychology" in trading. To be honest, the price put me off a bit. If it had been more like £500 or £600 for the 2 days, I'd probably have gone; but I thought £1600 was just a bit too high for something that promised to be interesting and probably entertaining but maybe not much more than that. I may have made a mistake, of course. :)

Roberto. I'll post a view at the end of the weekend. with any value aspects.

I have seen too many negative comments about Larry Williams to take him seriously. If he is for real, he should take legal action. It isn't just the people on Elite that don't think his methods work, I recently watched a clip of a Mark Fisher seminar where he mentions how Larry Willaims won a competition by opening lots of accounts and going broke with most of them. As it is so easy to take legal action in the US, I would have thought he would do something to stop these allegations, if there is no truth in them.

I have read 'Long-Term Secrets to Short-Term Trading' but didn't get on with it. That doesn't mean much, as I didn't get on with 'Come into my trading room' either and a lot of people seem to think that is great.

I read that one also ... was quite impressed with his research actually. Mind you, we found something we agree about: I didn't get on very well with "Come into my trading room" either, though I still have quite a soft spot for old Elder (or eld Older, maybe) and much preferred "Trading for a living". I never know whether to let "negative comments" put me off people. In a sense, the more you tend to disagree with "the crowd" the less you should be influenced by them, perhaps ... anyway it's probably sod's law for me with these Larry Williams seminars: if I'd gone they'd have been cr*p but now that I'm not going, they'll be absolutely brilliant. (So at least I'm doing everyone else a favour by staying away).

nice post bobby. i gave you a star...;)

im just not too enamoured with his super-wide stops.. 200pts on daytrading entries from what i have gleaned is looser than even i use..

that may explain his 90-odd % win rate..ive got a few of those daytrading strats..

shame about the 10% though.... :)

All, I too am a little sceptical of LW and his results. But he did apparently trade 1Mio into 2Mio during his 'Million Dollar Challenge' seminars in front of joe public. Surely this cannot be faked ? Unlike the multiple accounts scam (alleged !!) referred to above ????

The General said:
All, I too am a little sceptical of LW and his results. But he did apparently trade 1Mio into 2Mio during his 'Million Dollar Challenge' seminars in front of joe public. Surely this cannot be faked ? Unlike the multiple accounts scam (alleged !!) referred to above ????

no, but it can be a statistical fluke, thats all im saying..

couple of lucky big punts and away you go..

im not knocking the guy, just saying that longer-term consistency is preferable to the headline-grabbing fast buck reports...

I think he charged $4,500 per person for those seminars so I suppose if he had 100 people there, he had $450,000 to play with. I wouldn't mind having a go with $450,000 of other peoples money. I suppose only 5 people might have turned up and this would scotch this theory but it would be interesting to know how many people attended and if anyone can confirm that he made the money.

I think the issue for me with anything like this is that if a book/seminar etc that teaches a methodology or a way of trading doesn't fit in with your own style of trading then you're not going to get any value from it.

It's taken me a long time to realize this, and if somebody had told me this 7 years ago it still wouldn't have helped as I didn't know what sytle of trading suited me.

Last edited:
Ive read one of his books, it was filled with strategies that work 75%+ of time, but the average losers
are much bigger than the average winners.

Also he says in the book he bets upto 20% on each trade.

If you are happy with this style of trading youll probably be happy with his seminars.

Standard procedure for people selling systems/courses to open many small account, trade them like a lunatic and then if one gets lucky and scores big, market yourself as a trading genius.

Many of course will lap this up. Personally although Williams does himself trade and there's no doubt he can make a few bob when he gets it right (like anybody!) I bet if you catch him one on one he'll say he's a businessman who is in two distinct industries.

1) Trading which he does for his own personal account
2) Marketing which is where he concentrates on selling, which happens to be in this case systems/strategies.

Same with Vince S. and all that gang, they are a million miles away from the trading business. They're nothing but marketeers who happen to be selling courses on trading. In a few years they'll all no doubt turn their efforts to marketing something else which is hot and has a nice dose of the greed factor to hook all those ready marks.........

High levels of sceptism i have to say.

For me trading is a journey of learning and in part a discovery of self, for which profitable trades are signs of progress.

It seems everyone here strives for growth in there trading but is reluctant to believe it when someone else shows high levels of development. Critics of his approach should always aknowledge differences in style. His may not be mine but elements maybe, I am prepared to pay for that possibility.

As for suggestions he will be marketing condo's next, well that shows a lack of generosity to a technition who has been involved in the trading business for 30 years.

As for statisticals flukes, must be a pretty ballsy in terms of his confidence to conjure up such in front of paying audiences on a regular basis, I sense envy.

As to why market your ability if you are such a great trader, well my view is people who seek higher learning teach what they wish to learn further, it also fulfills Maslows top tier heirachial need - namely recognition for your talents. What better way than to be paid by strangers for your hard earned years of experience, I personally would not mind the implied respect in that at some point, without being a profession ego maniac.

Plus those that wish to learn always pay whether in losses, time,study, seminars or preparation. I have no relationship with this man and if dissapointing I will report back so, as part of the search for what I consider my trading truisms, for those that think they already have it all worked out, it must be boring it so easy for you.

It seems many have already decided that it is not possible he may have valuable aspects and experience to impart as he has positioned himself as being both a marketeer of an implied talent and a trader with claimed talent.

I know experience shows our game attracts its fair share of charlatons, but I personaly am now rooting for him to supplement my thinking tomorrow. This has set my mindset up beautiful. so with inadvert gratitude, i'll sign off till my inevitable personal post seminar report, for those who have not yet made up all aspects of their thinking.

Happy Trading.

The Baptist said:
High levels of sceptism i have to say.
... and that's putting it tactfully. :)

The Baptist said:
It seems everyone here strives for growth in there trading but is reluctant to believe it when someone else shows high levels of development.
That's the charitable way of looking at it, yes. I'm afraid the truth is that some of them are here primarily to whinge and criticise.

The Baptist said:
As for statisticals flukes, must be a pretty ballsy in terms of his confidence to conjure up such in front of paying audiences on a regular basis
Nice point. :)

The Baptist said:
I sense envy.
Quite often, around here, I'm afraid.

The Baptist said:
As to why market your ability if you are such a great trader, well my view is people who seek higher learning teach what they wish to learn further, it also fulfills Maslows top tier heirachial need - namely recognition for your talents. What better way than to be paid by strangers for your hard earned years of experience, I personally would not mind the implied respect in that at some point, without being a profession ego maniac.
I completely agree. I think there are also 10 other possible reasons. They've been discussed before in other threads. But none of them will stop some people from imagining that charging people money for a course makes you a charlatan by definition.

The Baptist said:
I personaly am now rooting for him to supplement my thinking tomorrow.
So am I, especially after seeing Anley liken him to Vince S.

Anyway I wish you well for the weekend and look forward very much to reading your post-course review! Rather wish I were joining you now ... :(

Baptist

Enjoy your course, Williams' marketing techniques have worked perfectly on you....