Yen/GBP Strength

Nasty Nip in the air?

The Baptist said:
Hi,

My charts are pointing to Yen strength.

Also there was an interesting seasonal article indicating August as the Yen's strongest month. No doubt this will all follow supposed carry trade and other fundamental reasons for strength which in truth have been about for awhile.

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/articles/general_articles/calendar-yen-trading-patterns/

Anyone watching this one?

TB

Been short GBP/Yen from 215.4 chart looks weak (Good) anyone else interested in this trade, should apply similarly well for Euro/Yen and possibly even better short USD/Yen for august Month.

Currently 213.86 to GBP

Switched my Yen based Mortgages out for the month got 215.5 two days ago. Time to lop some capital off me hopes!

Hey Baptist, I'll reply just so you don't feel totally isolated and ignored. I have never looked at this pair so can't comment but will look into it over this weekend and maybe say more later if I have anything that may be useful

Cot Report:

Commercials Short GBP and Long JPN:

Attached report.

Attachments

• BRITISH POUND STERLING Yen CoT report.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 562
Just looked at GBPJPY and to me, based on what I see on my chart we are going up in the short term, from 213,60 to a target of 214,55 .

laptop1 said:
stop now at breakeven.

Surprise base rate decision has seen me do complete 180 degrees for now on this one, although seasonality may come into play later in the month.