Tally Ho Ventures

kudzuyou

Is anyone dealing in TLYH on the OTCBB? There is a lot of info out that it is a group of British con artists that reverse merged their "investment advisers" company, Belgravia Intervest Group, into this terrible Hollywood disaster of a media production company that had managed to get itsel listed on the OTCBB. They instantly became worth $40,000,000!
Now they are trying to keep the stock price from collapsing by paying for good news to be put out on the internet. They use a boiler room in Cyprus to tout the stock to investor lists. A few days ago they announced a franchise deal to www.affinity-trust.com.
Turns out Affinity was started less than 2 months ago and is registered in the Seychelles, just like Belgravia Trust, and uses the same web design company in the UK. Strange coincidences?
There is proof that the principals of Tally Ho Ventures were arreasted in Bahrain for fraud in 1999 and have criminal complaints for fraud pending in Spain.
They are buying some existing companies in Europe for millions of euros and probably that way they get a kickback from the seller of the company and take the money out of the shareholders pockets and put it into theirs.
They bill themselves as AN INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT ORGANIZATION WITH A BILLION DOLLARS UNDER MANAGEMENT. Turns out their headquarters in Dubai that they filed on their SEC forms was a private house of an ex-director who quit, and the headquarters telephone number was her private home telephone.
Some wealth management.

This company looks like a con job to me too. Have you had any communication with management?

this is along time after the event, but there is no doubt a scam, I was taken for several thousands of savings and some i know of that were taken for much more, although they could have been in on it, or their names were just being used. Anybody know what these criminals are up to now, prison?

I too am looking for information about Tally Ho - I was taken for a few thousand dollars myself in 2006 and have been trying to find out information about them for the last couple of years. I used to follow the share prices on Bloomberg, but they now seem to have fallen off the edge of the world and would like to try and find out what ultimately happened!

this is along time after the event, but there is no doubt a scam, I was taken for several thousands of savings and some i know of that were taken for much more, although they could have been in on it, or their names were just being used. Anybody know what these criminals are up to now, prison?

Who did you invest through, was it in the UK?

I too am looking for information about Tally Ho - I was taken for a few thousand dollars myself in 2006 and have been trying to find out information about them for the last couple of years. I used to follow the share prices on Bloomberg, but they now seem to have fallen off the edge of the world and would like to try and find out what ultimately happened!

'Wealth Management' companies whether legit or not are very dangerous for the financial health of your money.

Steer well clear unless you're an expert investor who knows ALL about charges and fees, ie how they're charged, what's cheap versus expensive and of course do you actually need what they think you need.

Otherwise they'll start to skim your money for all it's worth.............

Who did you invest through, was it in the UK?
No, I invested through a company in Spain. Initially they were called Belgravia (or something like that), then it changed to a group called Wintermans group. I received my so called shares certificates from a guy called Peter Smith, the Chairman of Tally Ho Ventures inc, with an address in Luxembourg giving the name of Select Fidelity in Canada as a transfers group if I wanted to get rid of the shares. This was all in 2006. I'm actually based in Dubai (have been for 10 years) and was originally contacted by phone here by Belgravia.

'Wealth Management' companies whether legit or not are very dangerous for the financial health of your money.

Steer well clear unless you're an expert investor who knows ALL about charges and fees, ie how they're charged, what's cheap versus expensive and of course do you actually need what they think you need.

Otherwise they'll start to skim your money for all it's worth.............

Thanks for the warning. At the time I invested, it was the first time and I kind of wrote the money off at the time as a potential loss, but something I was going to try and just see what happened. Thankfully I have never counted on having that cash back - it was a never to be repeated experience!!!

Thanks for the warning. At the time I invested, it was the first time and I kind of wrote the money off at the time as a potential loss, but something I was going to try and just see what happened. Thankfully I have never counted on having that cash back - it was a never to be repeated experience!!!

There's an entire thread here about these type of cold call share scams. Its called the 'Boiler room scams' thread, you can read it here.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/brokerages/14154-boiler-room-scams.html

No, I invested through a company in Spain. Initially they were called Belgravia (or something like that), then it changed to a group called Wintermans group. I received my so called shares certificates from a guy called Peter Smith, the Chairman of Tally Ho Ventures inc, with an address in Luxembourg giving the name of Select Fidelity in Canada as a transfers group if I wanted to get rid of the shares. This was all in 2006. I'm actually based in Dubai (have been for 10 years) and was originally contacted by phone here by Belgravia.

I invested via a company in Frankfurt which was obviously a boiler operation. The money though went to what I think was a private address in Spain, Malaga I think, to a company run by Winterman whose business was registered in the Isle of Man.
I was told that they would rebuy the shares within a certain time. The price went up for a short time and then went totally belly up.
Tally ho changed its name several times and I'm now out of touch. Last I heard they were registered in Delaware. They DID send me a "bonus" share certificate but I think that was part of the con.
Anyone know how to liquidate these shares for CGT purposes? (my other investments have been sound in the main)

An update. Seems that THYL is still "trading" but has again renamed as Premier Wealth Management Group - PWMG:OTC US. Registered address now in Cyprus. No longer Delaware or Luxembourg or wherever else. But that is today. Who knows tomorrow?
Supposed take-overs of this or that and supposed legal actions against merger partners. How much is true who knows. Shares "trading" at about 1/5 US cent (that is 99.7% loss) on 28/Feb 2011 according to Bloomberg 23M shares which likely means that these fraudsters netted $100M Thank goodness my purchase was at the minimum allowed.
They are clearly very good at spreading smokescreens and switching jurisdictions to avoid being caught. Where the F is the "global" jurisdiction? Everything else is supposedly "global"I want the *******s and their families stripped of their (OUR) wealth and publicly executed.

PS to the above. Only today I received a call from a company I didn't know offering to retrieve money from failed investments on the US market. He claimed to know that I had such. Tally-ho was the only such that I had. His accent was foreign with a US twang. Told him he was fishing and which companies exactly did he think I held. He named 5 "possibilities" . One of those might have been PWMG but at the time I didn't know Tally-ho had changed again.
I DID recognise one - Colt Telecom - and he was astounded to be told that Colt was still trading on the UK stock market. He thought it was a failed penny share. Certainly isn't trading at the £28 predicted by the press gurus in circa 2001 but nor is it a crook company.

I invested in this company Tally Ho in 2005/6 or so also via a company called winterman capital or similar. When it bombed i met one the directors of tally ho after tracing him good and hard and it seems winterman had them over with promises of stock promotion and such like. It didnt help as I still have my 20000 shares that are worth 1c but it did put me onto chasing winterman. Then I found them in Canada, I spoke to a guy there acting a bit dumb and told him I made a packet out of Tally Ho what did he have net, he told me a new deal is on its way and they all did well out of tally ho. The sadness of this is the actions of winterman had such an affect on tally ho that one of their directors died blaming stress of the situation as he went bust due to winterman actions (so I am told). No one can prove that of course but winterman have a lot to answer for more a lot deeper than my $60000. Winterman have now move don again - anyone know where they are?

Winterman are con artists of the highest calibre, they con the public company on the shares and the promotion of them and the public into buying them. There is only one winner, Winterman. I have been on to them for 3 years now...... Ill get them.......

PS to the above. Only today I received a call from a company I didn't know offering to retrieve money from failed investments on the US market. He claimed to know that I had such. Tally-ho was the only such that I had. His accent was foreign with a US twang. Told him he was fishing and which companies exactly did he think I held. He named 5 "possibilities" . One of those might have been PWMG but at the time I didn't know Tally-ho had changed again.
I DID recognise one - Colt Telecom - and he was astounded to be told that Colt was still trading on the UK stock market. He thought it was a failed penny share. Certainly isn't trading at the £28 predicted by the press gurus in circa 2001 but nor is it a crook company.

Anyone calling claiming that they can recover your money, are completing part 2 of the scam. They will ask for money for some reason and you will lose that too.

I invested in this company Tally Ho in 2005/6 or so also via a company called winterman capital or similar.

Oh wow. $60k canadian is far worse than me at just £1k. I feel for you. I take risks sometimes (or did) and this was one. I could never have contemplated a £20k investment. I "spread" at small amounts. For 20k I'd likely have 20 different holdings - and have.
When I sense risk I limit that risk at the minimum.
Boiler operations these days I recognise and reject immediately. Once bitten and all that. May have lost out on that one though because a British Financial Services Authority (FSA) registered company rang me a couple of years ago offering options on gold bullion for a 20% deposit of market price. £2k for the right to options to buy £10k of gold at the price at time of option. Bad choice because gold has more than doubled since. Ah well no point crying over spilled milk.
Winterman? Well I think I have the Malaga address somewhere. I'll look it out but I suspect Winterman has moved on - in his yacht , paid for by you and me. Watch this space.
MY main concern today is how to sell the worthless share certificates and claim a loss against the Capital Gains Tax on other successful investments I intend to sell.
As I say "watch this space" and I will post the last known address for Winterman shortly.

Winterman are con artists of the highest calibre, they con the public company on the shares and the promotion of them and the public into buying them. There is only one winner, Winterman. I have been on to them for 3 years now...... Ill get them.......

I really hope that you DO get Winterman (however you mean that) - if that really is his name. Problem is that with the weak Justice system in the West he will escape relatively unscathed and we will all still be poorer. Criminals always get their "rights" above the "rights" of the victims. Winterman will have salted away his ill gotten gains so untouchable.

We 3 can't be anything like the total of the victims of this scam. There must be thousands but most fail to do any research. SOMEWHERE there must be a list of shareholders and possibility of combined action.
I doubt that Tally-ho, or whatever it is now really called, really have a surprise up their sleeve. I think the "directors" are just as guilty as Winterman. What's the betting that they all went to the same Public School? (that is PRIVATE fee paying school for our American readers) and this scam was conceived in the 6th form Common Room.

Unlikely that we'll ever get back the money but but we may get some form of justice. I'll investigate in 4 weeks or so - personal commitments prevent anything earlier.

john - his name is malcolm stockdale the main guy at winterman and the main director of tally ho died in october 2009. I know a lot will gladly share will you in pvt messages.

John,
Finally someone who sees the whole picture. Yes these guys all work together in boiler rooms. Some claim that they have invested money and lost it as well, when they were in the scam from the beginning. Then off they go to the next meeting and another scam. It's the same people. They may mix them up for different scams, but still the same group.

And you are right. Only 3 % take action and the police need numbers and/or large dollar amounts before they take things seriously.

I wish you the best. I hope you get these parasites.