T2W's subterranean multi nic troll culture

B

Black Swan

I'm fascinated to hear any other views on this, why do we have so many trolls that keep coming back on T2W? I was discussing it with a few guys at an SB firm a few weeks back and I offered up the view that it's due to money being at stake/involved therefore it creates a form of tension not seen elsewhere on hooby/interest forums..I've only really got involved on 2 other forums, one footy, the Guardian CiF (which is comments as opposed to a forum) and an economics forum and although I've witnessed troll like behaviour before, not in such numbers from so many multi nics that's for sure..

My genuine worry for T2W is that if this heavy advertiser I was with actually took some time out to look at some of the threads and contributions forensically, as opposed to simply viewing the hits/unique visitor numbers, then they'd instruct their media buyers to avoid T2W as it's reached saturation point and the quality is hampered by trolls ruining a lot of the threads..

So why does T2W attract so many? Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I luv that you sed "I was discussing it with some guys at an SB firm last week" like all schmoozy like you are showing off in the dressing room at a golf club when only a few weeks u were askin how many trades it would take for you to blow up 10 grand.

LULZ REIGN SUPREME!

I luv that you sed "I was discussing it with some guys at an SB firm last week" like all schmoozy like you are showing off in the dressing room at a golf club when only a few weeks u were askin how many trades it would take for you to blow up 10 grand.

LULZ REIGN SUPREME!

:clap::clap::clap:

I'd be embarassed to say I'd be associated with such people.

I think I'd lie and say "I was hanging out with a few crack whores in a shanty town last week"...

At least I wouldn't have people thinking I have friends in low places then.

LULZ REIGN SUPREME!

My word, got you all twisted up in a heartbeat eh? Nope I asked how many trades it would realistically take for a trader to go from ten grand to zero, it was for inclusion in an article I was commissioned to write..paid for but not published..yet..;)

My word, got you all twisted up in a heartbeat eh? Nope I asked how many trades it would realistically take for a trader to go from ten grand to zero, it was for inclusion in an article I was commissioned to write..paid for but not published..yet..;)

I am pleased for you that you have at last found a way to make money from your trading.

SLAM DUNK!

i would have thought that it's not just t2w that has to try deal with multinicks. i would suspect all forums have to deal with clowns trying to log in on an everyday basis and as such have a lot of software geared to keep out the idiots who want to try to disrupt, troll, post lulz, scam, cheat, promote, oh the list is endless!

as i have just a little past experience on these matters :cheesy: i can say that the forum mods and admin do a fantastic job of keeping the forum as clean as is possible. sometimes its not easy and identification is difficult.

I am pleased for you that you have at last found a way to make money from your trading.

SLAM DUNK!

:rolleyes: so have you any thoughts on why trolls and multi nics pollute this forum..Dash..eh "Dash"..? Is it schizoprenia?

258troll_spray.jpg

i would have thought that it's not just t2w that has to try deal with multinicks. i would suspect all forums have to deal with clowns trying to log in on an everyday basis and as such have a lot of software geared to keep out the idiots who want to try to disrupt, troll, post lulz, scam, cheat, promote, oh the list is endless!

as i have just a little past experience on these matters :cheesy: i can say that the forum mods and admin do a fantastic job of keeping the forum as clean as is possible. sometimes its not easy and identification is difficult.

I know, it reaches the stage with some of 'em when in order to come back on they juggle IP addys etc down at the internet cafe :LOL:.

I enjoy so many aspects of T2W but I'm puzzled as to the attraction of the multi nics. I was discussing with a web design agency on Monday (top 5 in their field Dash, I don't play golf so I can't brag about it..gutted) and they said so many clients now are moving away from forum debate because of the admin and the fact it can potentially ruin the clients' brands and lead to legal action, perhaps there's an element of jealousy and the troll knows they're harming the host..

A few weeks ago I was talking to Michael Aspel because he wanted to to a "this is your life" about me. I was politely declining when from behind the sofa jumped John Merriwether - he was asking me if I would head up his new dolly-mixture arbitrage desk. I was politely declining when all 5 of the band 5ive came into the room and asked me if I would help them regroup and become 6ix... I had to explain that I already was recording an album of Michael Bolton covers, when - what do you know - Bob Holness and Henry Kelly both came pst and asked for directions to White City. I said it was left a bit, the right a bit, and straight on at the lights.

so impressed was Nelson Mandella with my giving directions abilities that He called up Tony Blair and we had a quick conference call about how to sort out the Magic Roundabout at Swindon 'cos neither of us could get it. Then, Mahatma Gandhi rose from the dead and asked us if we had any *stuff*. I had to explain that we were talkin about roundabouts, not mushrooms, so he went back to being dead.

Then I got a setup on eur/usd 4hrly

A few weeks ago I was talking to Michael Aspel because he wanted to to a "this is your life" about me. I was politely declining when from behind the sofa jumped John Merriwether - he was asking me if I would head up his new dolly-mixture arbitrage desk. I was politely declining when all 5 of the band 5ive came into the room and asked me if I would help them regroup and become 6ix... I had to explain that I already was recording an album of Michael Bolton covers, when - what do you know - Bob Holness and Henry Kelly both came pst and asked for directions to White City. I said it was left a bit, the right a bit, and straight on at the lights.

so impressed was Nelson Mandella with my giving directions abilities that He called up Tony Blair and we had a quick conference call about how to sort out the Magic Roundabout at Swindon 'cos neither of us could get it. Then, Mahatma Gandhi rose from the dead and asked us if we had any *stuff*. I had to explain that we were talkin about roundabouts, not mushrooms, so he went back to being dead.

Then I got a setup on eur/usd 4hrly

My word, that must have taken a few minutes out of your *life*..:D So, have you any thoughts on the OP then young Dash?

Damn guys - you lead exciting lives - I'm having to make ends meet house sitting for my old uncle - Hugh Heffner....

It's all I can do to keep the Bunnies off the lawn.

I know, it reaches the stage with some of 'em when in order to come back on they juggle IP addys etc down at the internet cafe :LOL:.

I enjoy so many aspects of T2W but I'm puzzled as to the attraction of the multi nics. I was discussing with a web design agency on Monday (top 5 in their field Dash, I don't play golf so I can't brag about it..gutted) and they said so many clients now are moving away from forum debate because of the admin and the fact it can potentially ruin the clients' brands and lead to legal action, perhaps there's an element of jealousy and the troll knows they're harming the host..

yes, there's a hardcore group of loons that try post solely to harm the site, they are identified, or were last time i had access to the info. they can but try, tiresome they are :LOL:

a mod has to tread i thin line, do you ban on sight or do you try weeding out the extra nick and warning. banning all multinicks on sight imo would have a bad effect on the site and i know for a fact some very popular threads would not have happened had the site taken a harsh line.

for every nick the professional troll posts with they have usually registered 10 to try avoid being banned. or as you say, they hop off down the cafe.

I was having a conversation about trading forums with the checkout woman at ASDA and she said to me “Unexpected Item in bagging area, remove this item before continuing” ...I have no friends :cry:

yes, there's a hardcore group of loons that try post solely to harm the site, they are identified, or were last time i had access to the info. they can but try, tiresome they are :LOL:

a mod has to tread i thin line, do you ban on sight or do you try weeding out the extra nick and warning. banning all multinicks on sight imo would have a bad effect on the site and i know for a fact some very popular threads would not have happened had the site taken a harsh line.

for every nick the professional troll posts with they have usually registered 10 to try avoid being banned. or as you say, they hop off down the cafe.

I wonder if certain aspects of trading makes folk mentally ill, or if you're unstable it perhaps pushes you over the edge, are we at times witnessing a very naked display of the burn out/stress endemic at higher levels of the industry that eventually creeps into aspects of the retail industry?

I also wonder if the harm they try to create is not born out of petty jealousy of others, the thought that someone else, or a group, may have other irons in the fire, or be moving ahead with other plans, appears to immediately bring out the worst...

I was having a conversation about trading forums with the checkout woman at ASDA and she said to me “Unexpected Item in bagging area, remove this item before continuing” ...I have no friends :cry:

You've been trying to nick again haven't you? Psstt...(Greeting cards are the only thing you can get for nowt..ssshhh..;))