T2W Website Updates (New Features/Bug Fixes/Server Problems)

Sharky

Admin
5,615 370
Just a heads-up that I'll be taking the website down tonight in order to upgrade to the latest version of Xenforo, the forum software we use. I plan on taking it down at 10pm UK time, and I anticipate we'll back online before 11pm.

Sharky

Admin
5,615 370
In case you're wondering what's new in the latest version of Xenforo, I've listed here what I think might be of interest to members:
  • New Suggestion, Article and Question style forums
  • Updated rich text editor
  • User profile banners
  • Username change requests
  • Search forums (means we can display related threads from across different forums in a new forum)
  • Writing before registering support
  • Progressive web app
  • Activity summary emails (possible replacement for our newsletter format)
  • Style archive import and export
  • REST API additions
  • Profile post attachments

Reactions: CavaliereVerde

Sharky

Admin
5,615 370
And we're back up and running!

I ran into an issue with the icon set we were using, so I've had to use a different set for now, I'll try to figure it out over the next few days and iron out any other glitches I find. Anything else strange please report it here.

trendie

Legendary member
6,535 1,127
Good job on the upgrades. (y)
The "Search" function when using keywords seems not to be in any specific order.
Just as an example, if I wanted to post on the "What are you watching" thread, the results seem to be in no obvious order.
Ideally, they should be sortable in "last posted to" order.
Is this a "feature"?
t2w-search.PNG

Sharky

Admin
5,615 370
Thanks @trendie - looking now, the results don't seem to be ideal. So I'm performing a re-index now, should take about 10 minutes max. Let's see if that makes it any better. In terms of ordering, it's currently done by relevance which is kind of subjective, but you can order by date and other ways via the Advanced Search on Threads. I do think it's one of the few areas that vBulletin handled better, perhaps it'll get an upgrade in due course.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock