T2W under fire

Now and again I get an error code when I try to post.

It says - timed out etc.

Are you still getting that message tar? It's to do with the added protection we now have in place. I'm going to run the error code past the company to find out what it means.

Just got one : Error code 3 .

Yeah I got that too Pat494 yesterday. It seemed to be when I left the page open for a while then tried to submit a post. Did you lose the post, or just reloaded the page to submit it?

tar: do you mean it only occurred once, or you keep getting the same error?

Yeah I got that too Pat494 yesterday. It seemed to be when I left the page open for a while then tried to submit a post. Did you lose the post, or just reloaded the page to submit it?

In the quick reply i lost my post , but in the advanced form i didn't .

Great, thanks for the info. I've passed it on to the DDoS protection company support team - hopefully they can resolve it.

Great, thanks for the info. I've passed it on to the DDoS protection company support team - hopefully they can resolve it.

That sounds like a watch dog packet timeout ending session connections to me.

I got it as well. So as not to waste what ever one has typed do the following.

1. Hit the Back Arrow to go back to previous page.
2. Copy what ever you have typed
3. Refresh or open a new T2W page and paste text etc.

I've made some adjustments to the DDoS settings, it's a long shot, but it might help get rid of those messages.

Anyone else's IP banned for the last few hours?

Yeah, it was a problem with the DDoS protection. Now all traffic goes through a proxy, everyone's ip is within limited range. We need to configure to forward the real ip addresses of members, otherwise you ban anyone's ip and you automatically ban a load of regular members. I've temporary fixed it by unbanning any ip in the proxy range, so access is back to normal. On Monday we'll get the correct ip forwarding in place.

I've forgotten what IP means, so I'm glad I've got mine back.

Don't, anyone, tell me what it is. I'm glad that I got it back and am happy in my ignorance. :)

Looks like we're under attack again, starting this morning at about 8:30am UK time.

With the DDoS protection in place, unlike last time, there's been no downtime, but I've noticed intermittent slowness on the site.

I've ramped up the protection settings just now, so we should see an improvement in speed, but there's a greater chance of blocking false positives.

I'll continue to monitor the situation today.

Here's a screenshot from NewRelic, our server monitoring software. You'll clearly see 3 spikes, including today's on-going attack where the amount of data received by the T2W server jumps as a consequence of the DDoS attack.

Attachments

• newrelic.jpg
    newrelic.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 289
yep a little slow today guys ...............but not surprising if you are still under attack

have you guys been bad mouthing anyone recently ? :)

N