T2W Relaunch

Sharky

Staff
I'm very pleased to (...finally!) unveil the brand new T2W. The culmination of several months of work.

There's lots of cool new features and even some new sections.

We've been working hard all weekend to get the new site live. We're still updating things, so bear with us, but we hope to complete everything by the end of the day.

I'll make a full announcement with a list of all the changes we've made (once I've had some sleep!), later today.

Enjoy!

Sleep?? What happend to the all night party animal :LOL:

Welldone to all those involved in the relaunch and thanks for the hard work, now I just need to get a bigger screen Ive got so used to having the history tab at the side of T2W to fill the screen

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone involved in the re-design of the website. :D

It looks exactly as shown in April's Traders' magazine. :LOL:

zZzZzZzz......

.... Thanks dc2000 and fibonelli - much appreciated.

Yeah - we really wanted to get the site live BEFORE the magazine went to production, but we unfortunately ran out of time. Still at least we managed to go live before the end of April!

For those still reminiscing over the old T2W. :cry: Here's a screen grab I did before we upgraded the site to keep as a momento.

Attachments

• old-trade2win.png
    old-trade2win.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 372
Ah! Imortalised at last. You could have done the screen grab when I was number one in the trading comp Sharks.:rolleyes:

Nice revamp though. Ajob well done by you and the lads (and girls) we don't get to see a lot of.

Just a couple of things.

Sign in on the front page? I had to get in by clicking on a post and letting the software tell me I wasn't signed in.

And is the share comp that was running going to be follwed through to completion?
Also the new fx comp is not going to be the only one is it? Although I rarely trade anything else other than fx these days. (I haven't touched a real share for years). So this comp suits me fine. But there are an awful lot of share and index traders on this site that may also want to participate in their chosen field and have a go in the comp.

Oi! just seen this. Where's all me stars and green spots and flashing lights gone?

Thanks options.

Yeah - we're going to add the login box to the front page for those not logged in and also fix the bugs with the stats, newest member etc not updating correctly. Should be fixed today.

The share and dow comps both finished on fri (good timing), Eamonn will announce the winners shortly.

Unfortunately we'll no longer be running the share or dow competitions. If there's a real demand for might look to bring them back. I think the format was getting tired after such a long time, and they were buggy and unreliable and taking up too much of our time to support - things we don't want to repeat in the future.

Re. your reputation (green spots) that's a bit concerning. Everyone else appears to have the correct reputation, do you recall how many green spots you had? I sound like a witch doctor now!

We took the decision to drop direct access to the chatroom from the website. This is because we don't have the resource to manage the room full-time. Basically we want everything on T2W to be top quality, and not compromise on that for the sake of offering every feature under the planet. It still exists for now as it is - but you have to access it via mIRC - if people who accessed it in the past through the website want to know how to do it this way, I can post some instructions.

phreddyinbg - you can still access your email from http://mail.t2w.com - but don't forget we're decomissioning it on the 8th June. You should have received an email about this in case you missed the announcement on the forum.

No paul, sorry, I can't remember. I know I had a fair few. I had the full range of stars. (That made me a General didn't it?) :LOL:

Fantastic speed now by the way. Much better.

Last edited:
Options, not sure what happened to all of your stars, I checked the old database and it didn't indicate you had anymore reputation. Perhaps you're confusing rep with the old star system, which we dropped in favour of reputation. Sorry mate!

As promised here's a list of what's new on the relaunched T2W. Of course the biggest changes are the brand new design and the much improved speed. But there's also a whole host of new things to get excited about:

Home Page

- Latest T2W article. We publish a new one every Monday
- Today's Economic Annoucements. Updated in real-time
- Featured forum threads. These are hand-picked by our forum staff and used to highlight interesting new threads on the forums

Forum

- Powerful new full-text search engine that let's you search for an exact phrase. You can now match "ALL" (all keywords), "ANY" (any keyword), "PHRASE" (an exact phrase) or "BOOLEAN" (using AND, OR and NOT to extend/limit your search). There's also no longer a limit on the size of the word you're search for.

Articles/Reviews (Old Knowledge Lab)

- We've split the old Knowledge Lab (KLAB) into two new section. Firstly Articles, which includes all old Articles, Guides and Interviews from the old site. Reviews contains all the other KLAB entities like Books, Brokers, Data Feed, Software etc

Calendar (BETA)

- Brand new Economics Announcement Calendar covering world events.
- Displays upcoming events including Forecast and Previous (Coming Soon) figures, along with full description and impact level
- Updated in real-time. (NB. Actual figures will be released even quicker in future - more info to follow)

Store

- New registration system to keep track of your orders

Blogs

- Upgraded blogging system

Competition (BETA)

- Brand new real-time forex competition
- Trade the four major currency pairs - EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CHF and USD/JPY
- View any other player's portfolio
- Real-time snapshot of how many total players are long/short each currency pair

Traderpedia

- Full integration with the Trade2Win website